Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

EMU sells out (surprise, surprise)
Bookmark and Share
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
EMU sells out (surprise, surprise)

I just have to ask...WHY? You have to believe this is the very reason why EMU struggles so much with attendance, because their Athletic Department doesn't give a DAMN about its fans.

A rare opportunity for EMU and its fans to host an SEC program only to sell out in the end. SMH. Hell, I would have made the 40-minute trip up to Ypsi to support EMU in that game (if UT wasn't playing at the same time, of course).
08-15-2018 08:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
RE: EMU sells out (surprise, surprise)
(08-15-2018 08:43 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  

I just have to ask...WHY? You have to believe this is the very reason why EMU struggles so much with attendance, because their Athletic Department doesn't give a DAMN about its fans.

A rare opportunity for EMU and its fans to host an SEC program only to sell out in the end. SMH. Hell, I would have made the 40-minute trip up to Ypsi to support EMU in that game (if UT wasn't playing at the same time, of course).

That is really, really depressing.
08-15-2018 08:44 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

I Root For: WMU
How often do MAC schools get the opportunity to host SEC teams?
08-15-2018 09:06 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
(08-15-2018 09:06 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  How often do MAC schools get the opportunity to host SEC teams?

Miami is hosting Mizzou in 2025, I think Toledo got them a few years ago. But yeah this is pretty bad EMU, weren't they supposed to host Michigan State this year like CMU and WMU did?
08-15-2018 09:10 PM
DICK Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(08-15-2018 09:06 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  How often do MAC schools get the opportunity to host SEC teams?

Miami hosted Vanderbilt about 10 years ago, and also hosted Kentucky, although that game was played at Paul Brown stadium before around 40,000 with UK having about two-thirds of the crowd. That was a very weak Miami team. I think Missouri has played at Ball State and BG when they were in the Big Twelve. I cannot remember any other SEC teams playing at MAC teams.
08-15-2018 09:14 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-15-2018 09:10 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  

Miami is hosting Mizzou in 2025, I think Toledo got them a few years ago. But yeah this is pretty bad EMU, weren't they supposed to host Michigan State this year like CMU and WMU did?

EMU was originally supposed to host MSU in 2020.
08-16-2018 07:16 AM
Advertisement

Bronc33 Offline
1st String

(08-15-2018 09:10 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  

Yeah, they sold that home game back too..... I cannot understand what they are doing over there.
08-16-2018 08:29 AM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Am I imagining this, or did some of the smaller ACC schools used to sell *conference* games to be played away from home?

In other words, I guess it could be worse. Still, what a bummer for Eastern Michigan fans.
08-16-2018 08:57 AM
Fthechips Offline
1st String

I Root For: Western Mich
Just go FCS already
08-16-2018 09:00 AM
GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

They need every penny they can get at this point. I saw they are now giving 2 tuition free years just to get students to stay there.
08-16-2018 09:08 AM
Bang Burger Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Victory

It's possible that the option to buy out the game rested only with Kentucky, and the price was low enough, and that the mistake was made in the original contract by not setting a very high buy-out fee.
08-16-2018 09:24 AM
Advertisement

Fthechips Offline
1st String

(08-16-2018 09:08 AM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  They need every penny they can get at this point. I saw they are now giving 2 tuition free years just to get students to stay there.

Dumpster fire. Isn’t their AD trying to scrap the program?
08-16-2018 09:37 AM
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
(08-16-2018 09:37 AM)Fthechips Wrote:  Dumpster fire. Isn’t their AD trying to scrap the program?

Wtf? No, he's not. Where did you hear this lie? Or did you just come up with it yourself?

He's literally said there will be no more athletic department cuts, said that football won't be going anywhere, and the Board of Regents put out a statement saying we will remain FBS in perpetuity.

What an outrageous lie to spew on this board...
08-16-2018 09:40 AM
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

As for Kentucky: EMU would have had to pay Kentucky $200,000 for the game in Ypsi next year, FYI. Not saying that justifies the decision, but it wasn't a simple home-and-home contract. There's a lot more to it than "we needed the $800k."
08-16-2018 09:41 AM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(08-16-2018 09:24 AM)Bang Burger Wrote:  

It's possible that the option to buy out the game rested only with Kentucky, and the price was low enough, and that the mistake was made in the original contract by not setting a very high buy-out fee.

The reported tweet says it was a request made by EMU.
08-16-2018 09:46 AM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
(08-16-2018 09:41 AM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  As for Kentucky: EMU would have had to pay Kentucky $200,000 for the game in Ypsi next year, FYI. Not saying that justifies the decision, but it wasn't a simple home-and-home contract.

Pretty sure that is how every home and home contract works.
08-16-2018 09:55 AM
Advertisement

Fthechips Offline
1st String

(08-16-2018 09:40 AM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  
(08-16-2018 09:37 AM)Fthechips Wrote:  Dumpster fire. Isn’t their AD trying to scrap the program?

Wtf? No, he's not. Where did you hear this lie? Or did you just come up with it yourself?

He's literally said there will be no more athletic department cuts, said that football won't be going anywhere, and the Board of Regents put out a statement saying we will remain FBS in perpetuity.

What an outrageous lie to spew on this board...

Hey buddy, did you see the ? behind the sentence? That means that I was unsure and asking for an answer. The part about the dumpster fire I am sure of however.
08-16-2018 10:14 AM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(08-16-2018 09:41 AM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  As for Kentucky: EMU would have had to pay Kentucky $200,000 for the game in Ypsi next year, FYI. Not saying that justifies the decision, but it wasn't a simple home-and-home contract. There's a lot more to it than "we needed the $800k."

That doesn't seem like a lot of money to me.
08-16-2018 11:40 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear MAC,
Eastern is doing what they feel is in their best interest. You can criticize all you want, but you are not part of the decision. To me, the point is, we are still playing the University of Kentucky. That is what counts. If, we are able to defeat them, then that is all that matters because we beat a P-5 team.
08-16-2018 02:42 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
NIU fans had that happen a couple times. Our previous AD's idea of an ideal OOC schedule was 3 road games and a home game against Presbyterian or Cal Poly.
08-16-2018 03:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.