Muschamp at SCar in my opinion went the wrong way in his defense of him
08-14-2018 09:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
RE: Maryland- Durkin thoughts
I think ESPN loves to create a crap storm that is for sure.

Unlike the Urban thing there is no solid evidence just anonymous sources. I agree with Muschamp that you can always find a former player or current ones that hate a coach and as he said "they usually are not playing" or did play.

I seriously doubt that every person that reporter talked too just trashed the coach yet he is only reporting the bad stories.

This is one where I think I need to hear from the staff unlike the Urban thing where reporter has evidence for everything.
08-14-2018 09:32 AM
WolfBird Offline
All American

I Root For:
Maryland- Durkin thoughts
Walter bolted pretty quickly. Of course it was for FSU OC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-14-2018 09:33 AM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

(08-14-2018 09:33 AM)WolfBird Wrote:  Walter bolted pretty quickly. Of course it was for FSU OC.

and probably for a huge pay raise.
08-14-2018 09:38 AM
Florida RedWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: arkansas state
There have been several players pointing to the abuse by Durkin. I asked on our board why any coach/person thinks he can motivate athlete's better through abuse than caring/supporting/respecting the player. And yet I know these people exist. I hope the two coaches are gone as quickly as possible and it serves an example to all coaches. Just as soon as Maryland gets its evidence to support firing, they will be justly gone. Regarding Bell, after his relationship with Anderson and his totally opposite approach to the players, I suspect he was begging to get out as quickly as possible.
08-14-2018 01:41 PM
Advertisement

bigCasu_ Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Appalachian St
There were comments of his that I read on twitter that sounded very similar to Larry Fedora's about CTE. Doesn't sound good.
08-14-2018 01:49 PM
WolfBird Offline
All American

I Root For:
He’s about to be fired.

08-14-2018 01:50 PM
doberman1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: StAte
If they keep him they are crippling their recruiting efforts at this point.
08-14-2018 02:14 PM
doberman1 Offline
2nd String

It may actually be pretty tough getting kids to commit there this next recruiting go round. I bet our guys that bolted were glad to get out. They had no idea what they were getting into.
08-14-2018 03:21 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(08-14-2018 09:33 AM)WolfBird Wrote:  Walter bolted pretty quickly. Of course it was for FSU OC.

Tucker and Knighten both bolted as well. Tucker is the interesting case as he left to take the RB job at UCF, which in theory, shouldn't be able to pay what Maryland does.

We know that multiple "former coaches and staff members" are involved in the leak. Wonder if any of them were our former coaches.
08-14-2018 04:09 PM
T-Dog Offline
SunBeltbbs App State INsider

I Root For: App State
Remember, a player died because of the machismo culture at Maryland. It's not just anonymous sources saying these things.

Until you're in an abusive situation, you don't realize how hard it is to say something.

The S&C coach was fired so there's something there. And Maryland has taken full responsibility for it, so this is legit.

Muschamp is a meathead and an idiot. As others have noted, he's been anonymous source in the past, so he's also a hypocrite.

If Maryland didn't want ESPN sniffing around, then they shouldn't have allowed a culture that meant a player died during a conditioning drill.
08-14-2018 09:42 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
Watch Muschamp on the sidelines. He is a maniac. I could see him being the same kind of coach.[/i]
08-15-2018 04:12 AM
BRtransplant Offline
1st String

I Root For: La Tech
(08-15-2018 04:12 AM)OsageJ Wrote:  Watch Muschamp on the sidelines. He is a maniac. I could see him being the same kind of coach.[/i]
I agree. Muschamp looks like his head is about to explode during games. He always looks like he's on the brink of completely losing it.
08-15-2018 05:03 AM
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
If there is found to have been negligence on the part of any of the coaches, could there be jail time headed there way???

The school has already admitted fault, which can’t be good.
08-15-2018 07:29 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(08-15-2018 07:29 AM)Usajags Wrote:  If there is found to have been negligence on the part of any of the coaches, could there be jail time headed there way???

No. Can't prove they actually killed the kid.

However, the school has a massive lawsuit heading its way, and given they have accepted "full moral and legal responsibility" they'll have to settle.
08-15-2018 08:04 AM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
(08-14-2018 09:42 PM)T-Dog Wrote:  Remember, a player died because of the machismo culture at Maryland. It's not just anonymous sources saying these things.

Until you're in an abusive situation, you don't realize how hard it is to say something.

The S&C coach was fired so there's something there. And Maryland has taken full responsibility for it, so this is legit.

Muschamp is a meathead and an idiot. As others have noted, he's been anonymous source in the past, so he's also a hypocrite.

If Maryland didn't want ESPN sniffing around, then they shouldn't have allowed a culture that meant a player died during a conditioning drill.

Agreed. A player died, his autopsy clearly showed it was due to heatstroke, Maryland has already admitted to failure at every level of their administration as the cause.

I don't know how someone can say this is just ESPN stirring up another story.

Several people in Maryland need to be held accountable, and this should be a wake up call to heavy-headed coaches across the nation. It's shameful how the administration of Maryland in turning in on themselves as everyone tries to save their own skin.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2018 09:16 AM by TrueBlueDrew.)
08-15-2018 09:15 AM
doberman1 Offline
2nd String

They seem to be trying to deflect most of the blame for the death to the training staff not the coaches.....even if the coaches are the ones who placed him in that position to get heatstroke.
08-15-2018 12:55 PM
Advertisement

JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

(08-15-2018 12:55 PM)doberman1 Wrote:  They seem to be trying to deflect most of the blame for the death to the training staff not the coaches.....even if the coaches are the ones who placed him in that position to get heatstroke.

True but that would apply to every team in the south right now and every other player on that team that did not suffer heat stroke. Everyone's body is different and from the Army I can tell you some people are more tolerant of the heat and once you have a heat related injury you are more likely to have another. You are assuming that the practice was to blame yet only one guy out of 100+ had an issue. Probably just a normal practice for any team but an epic failure of medical attention.

I am just saying it is not hard to find anonymous sources especially ones that have an axe to grind with the HC or any leader of anything. Also if the medical staff did not follow protocol is that on the HC? The stories may be true but I have a suspicion the players that said he is tough but nothing crazy did not get quoted by the ESPN guy. It is a tragedy but accusations about the coach are unfounded so far. I dont take anonymous sources to seriously especially today. There is smoke but I am throwing a guy under the bus over an ESPN report with zero proof of anything, that is for sure. He probably will be fired just out of PR if nothing else. It is not like the AD is a man of character and is going to put his job on the line for it.
08-15-2018 02:31 PM
Florida RedWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: arkansas state
(08-15-2018 08:04 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(08-15-2018 07:29 AM)Usajags Wrote:  If there is found to have been negligence on the part of any of the coaches, could there be jail time headed there way???

co
However, the school has a massive lawsuit heading its way, and given they have accepted "full moral and legal responsibility" they'll have to settle.

Their athletic trainers failed to recognize that he was suffering from heatstroke and failed to take appropriate action. They will pay and pay big.
08-15-2018 02:47 PM
SBEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
(08-15-2018 02:47 PM)Florida RedWolf Wrote:  
(08-15-2018 08:04 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

co

Their athletic trainers failed to recognize that he was suffering from heatstroke and failed to take appropriate action. They will pay and pay big.

Families lawyer is claiming that an hour passed before 911 was called. However, ESPN reporter noted that she did not find any evidence of that.

08-15-2018 03:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.