Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fight for FOX sports channels could shake up broadcasting
MUsince96 Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
MyBB Fight for FOX sports channels could shake up broadcasting
https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/...gs.OAue=eU

Interesting to see Sinclair in the mix. I wonder if they would rebrand the RSN's as Stadium?
08-13-2018 05:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
RE: Fight for FOX sports channels could shake up broadcasting
(08-13-2018 05:28 AM)MUsince96 Wrote:  https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/...gs.OAue=eU

Interesting to see Sinclair in the mix. I wonder if they would rebrand the RSN's as Stadium?

It would be interesting to see how this would play out if Google (youtube) or Amazon decide to jump into that market. Could be an indication that they're preparing for a bigger jump into the live sports arena.
08-13-2018 06:27 AM
TexanMark Online
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(08-13-2018 05:28 AM)MUsince96 Wrote:  https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/...gs.OAue=eU

Gray with Raycom would be another interesting grouping. They could grab a few RSNs and do quite well.
08-13-2018 07:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MUsince96 Offline
All American

08-13-2018 11:07 AM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
Quote:A sale process for the networks could kick off within weeks, the people said, even though Disney has at least three months after it completes its Fox asset acquisition to offload them. An auction could value the properties at about $20 billion thanks to high profitability and strong cash generation, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the matter is private.

If Disney gets $20 billion for the Fox RSNs, then their acquisition of all of the other Fox properties would have cost "only" $51 billion, which would be a pretty good deal for them.
08-13-2018 12:08 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(08-13-2018 11:07 AM)MUsince96 Wrote:  https://deadline.com/2018/08/with-tribun...202442368/

Comcast/NBC would be the buyer with the most to gain in my opinion. Sinclair would be a close second. Regardless of who buys them--Stadium should be on the phone with the winning bidder trying to work out a distribution deal. These networks represent HD sports networks with cable carriage in most of the largest metro areas in the country. Thats exactly what Stadium really needs.
08-13-2018 01:06 PM
Advertisement

MissouriStateBears Offline
All American

I Root For: Missouri State
AT&T makes the most sense for FOX Sports Midwest/Kansas City and FOX Sports Southwest.
08-13-2018 01:11 PM
whittx Offline
All American

I Root For: FSU, Bport,Corn
(08-13-2018 01:06 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(08-13-2018 11:07 AM)MUsince96 Wrote:  https://deadline.com/2018/08/with-tribun...202442368/

Comcast/NBC would be the buyer with the most to gain in my opinion. Sinclair would be a close second. Regardless of who buys them--Stadium should be on the phone with the winning bidder trying to work out a distribution deal. These networks represent HD sports networks with cable carriage in most of the largest metro areas in the country. Thats exactly what Stadium really needs.

A combo Charter/Comcast bid would make sense. There was a history of collaboration with the former Charter/Comcast Sports Southeast that went away when the SEC Network became a reality. Having this owned jointly would solve quite a few things from a carriage standpoint in many parts of the SE.
08-13-2018 03:15 PM
TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland & Elon
(08-13-2018 06:27 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  

It would be interesting to see how this would play out if Google (youtube) or Amazon decide to jump into that market. Could be an indication that they're preparing for a bigger jump into the live sports arena.
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/amazon-y...ssion=true

Amazon and YouTube are interested according to this article
08-14-2018 07:28 AM
RUScarlets Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rutgers
Clarification needed... I thought Fox Sports is not included in the buyout of 21st century Fox, % stake in SKY, and premium streaming services... why are we talking about Disney selling Fox Sports local?
08-14-2018 09:18 AM
CenterSquarEd Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Siena
(08-14-2018 09:18 AM)RUScarlets Wrote:  Clarification needed... I thought Fox Sports is not included in the buyout of 21st century Fox, % stake in SKY, and premium streaming services... why are we talking about Disney selling Fox Sports local?

The RSNs still went to Disney in the deal, but they agreed to divest them within 90 days as a condition of antitrust approval, so Disney will be in charge of the sale.

"New Fox" retains FS1, FS2, and Fox's stake in the BTN.
08-14-2018 09:26 AM
Advertisement

MUsince96 Offline
All American

With McMurphy, Goodman and Charania being announced today there is some serious channel education happening on Twitter today. And trolling from people who don't like the added personalities.
08-14-2018 10:10 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(08-14-2018 10:10 AM)MUsince96 Wrote:  With McMurphy, Goodman and Charania being announced today there is some serious channel education happening on Twitter today. And trolling from people who don't like the added personalities.

I dont see how this is anything but a positive for Stadium. Those are nice adds. That said, Stadium has a ton of work to do on its OTA affiliate network which is spotty at best. That long list of affiliates is extremely misleading. Most of those affiliates dont carry all the Stadium broadcasting (most hardly show any of it at all), and the vast majority that do carry any of the content are showing Stadium content on obscure little watched side bands.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2018 01:30 PM by Attackcoog.)
08-14-2018 10:41 AM
MUsince96 Offline
All American

(08-14-2018 10:41 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(08-14-2018 10:10 AM)MUsince96 Wrote:  With McMurphy, Goodman and Charania being announced today there is some serious channel education happening on Twitter today. And trolling from people who don't like the added personalities.

I dont see how this is anything but a positive for Stadium. Those are nice adds. That said, Stadium has a ton of work to do on its OTA affiliate network which is spotty at best. That long list of affiliates is extremely misleading. Most of those affiliates dont carry all the Stadium broadcasting (most hardly show any of it at all), and the vast majority that do carry any of the content are showing Stadium content of obscure little watched side bands.

No doubt. Stadium is on channel 10-504 on my TV without a cable box. Try explaining that to someone who doesn't know what Stadium is lol.

I even set my uncle's Roku up with the Stadium channel so he could catch Marshall games. It might as well not have been there. For some people if it's not on TV (not a sub-channel) then it's just not on.
08-14-2018 11:38 AM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
(08-14-2018 10:41 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

I dont see how this is anything but a positive for Stadium. Those are nice adds. That said, Stadium has a ton of work to do on its OTA affiliate network which is spotty at best. That long list of affiliates is extremely misleading. Most of those affiliates dont carry all the Stadium broadcasting (most hardly show any of it at all), and the vast majority that do carry any of the content are showing Stadium content on obscure little watched side bands.

The new ones listed may not be active yet. When they listed Amarillo I had to wait 6 weeks before it came active. I called them up and they told me they were in the process of getting the station up and running.
Where do they not broadcast all the content?
08-14-2018 07:41 PM
MissouriStateBears Offline
All American

I Root For: Missouri State
Stadium studio shows would be an excellent fit with the FSN regionals live sports programming.
08-14-2018 07:56 PM
Advertisement

RutgersGuy Offline
All American

I Root For: Rutgers
YES being included brings a lot of money to the deal. Something like 80+% of all yankees games in the NYC market is a valuable property to have.
08-14-2018 09:48 PM
TexanMark Online
Legend

I have Pluto on Roku. I also just downloaded the Stadium App. I am not going to pay $5 a month...is there any advantage to the Stadium app? or should I continue to watch Stadium on Pluto?
08-15-2018 11:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MUsince96 Offline
All American

(08-15-2018 11:29 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  I have Pluto on Roku. I also just downloaded the Stadium App. I am not going to pay $5 a month...is there any advantage to the Stadium app? or should I continue to watch Stadium on Pluto?

I believe the Pluto channel, the app, and the OTA station all show the same thing.

The $5 subscription just has additional games from MWC, Patriot League, and West Coast Conference.
08-15-2018 12:06 PM
TexanMark Online
Legend

Thanks for the info...sounds like the separate Stadium app is overkill in my case. Pluto is a really cool free app...a must download for most fans. I even like watching the movies and listening to the music. The classic TV channel has some good stuff too.
08-15-2018 12:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.