Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MAGA Hat Claims Two This Week
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
MAGA Hat Claims Two This Week
[Image: 1530331356559.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

Restaurant manager fired after refusing to serve customer wearing MAGA hat

Quote:The manager of a popular restaurant in Vancouver, Canada, was fired after he told a customer to remove his “Make America Great Again” cap or he would refuse to serve him.

Darin Hodge, the former manager of the Teahouse in Stanley Park, told Global News he stood by his decision to ask the man to take off the cap saying the hat represented “racism, bigotry, Islamophobia, misogyny, white supremacy, (and) homophobia.”

“As a person with a strong moral backbone, I had to take a stand against this guest’s choice of headwear while in my former place of work. Absolutely no regrets,” he said in a written statement to Global News.

The hats were made popular during Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign.

Eva Gates, of the Sequoia Group which owns the Stanley Park Tea House, confirmed to Global News that the incident happened on Tuesday.

“A gentleman came in wearing a hat that was a ‘Make America Great Again’ hat, and our manager went up to the gentleman and asked him to take off his hat, that he wouldn’t serve him with that hat on,” she said.

“And the gentleman said that he had a right to wear that hat. And [the manager] refused to serve him if he wouldn’t take off his hat, and so the customer had to leave,” she continued.

The company called Hodge a “good person with a big heart and a right to his personal beliefs,” but he was terminated for “violating the company’s philosophy of tolerance.”

Link

Reporter resigns after false tweet that Maryland shooting suspect had MAGA hat

Quote:A reporter in Springfield, Mass., resigned from his job Friday after posting a Twitter message falsely stating that Maryland shooting suspect Jarrod Ramos had brought a "Make America Great Again" hat to the office of the Capital Gazette.

Conor Berry, who wrote for the Republican, tweeted an image of a MAGA hat Thursday, and suggested that Ramos had left it behind at the Gazette office after allegedly killing five Gazette employees.

Backlash was swift. Berry deleted the tweet and apologized in a follow-up tweet Friday morning.

“Folks, My 21-year career as a “journalist,” a fancy term that makes my skin crawl, frankly, came to a screeching halt yesterday with one stupid, regrettable tweet,” Barry wrote. “Can’t take it back; wish I could. My since apologies to all good, hardworking reporters and to POTUS supporters.”

Berry told the Boston Globe that the tweet was intended to be a “snarky, sarcastic, cynical remark.”

In his resignation letter, Berry conceded that his tweet “taints the good work of fair-minded journalists everywhere.”

Wayne Phaneuf, executive editor of the Republican, said journalists must be “more vigilant than ever” in their efforts to be fair and accurate.

Link
06-30-2018 11:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
RE: MAGA Hat Claims Two This Week
Quote:The company called Hodge a “good person with a big heart and a right to his personal beliefs,” but he was terminated for “violating the company’s philosophy of tolerance.”

Good for them. They terminated a bigot.
06-30-2018 12:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(06-30-2018 12:13 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  
Quote:The company called Hodge a “good person with a big heart and a right to his personal beliefs,” but he was terminated for “violating the company’s philosophy of tolerance.”

Good for them. They terminated a bigot.

The moron lost his job after 18 months. Wonder if he's been fired anywhere before this incident.
06-30-2018 12:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
I was in Louisville on business this past week. I was at a restaurant in the Highlands area when a man came in with a MAGA hat on. I saw a lady go over and say something to him and I thought oh boy, here we go. I walked over to the man who had the hat on when he walked in and asked him if the lady gave him some grief over the hat. To my pleasant surprise, he said no, quite the opposite. He said the lady loved the hat and was proud of our President. I ordered him a beer and unfortunately had to return to my table where I had business guests with me.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2018 12:28 PM by usmbacker.)
06-30-2018 12:26 PM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
Imagine that. A representative from the so called "tolerant left" had his employment terminated due to "intolerant behavior". That's great!

Another thing ... We have all heard their catchy slogan, "Love Trumps Hate". Aren't they using that slogan to portray their hatred for Trump? It kind of flies in the face of what they are saying.

All hat, no cattle. (That's the way you say it as well as how it should be used Schumer). 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2018 01:09 PM by ODU BBALL.)
06-30-2018 01:07 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
(06-30-2018 01:07 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  Another thing ... We have all heard their catchy slogan, "Love Trumps Hate". Aren't they using that slogan to portray their hatred for Trump? It kind of flies in the face of what they are saying.

That is a great observation. I had forgotten about that slogan. To say the least, the hate on the left is way outweighing the love. In fact there is zero love.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2018 01:14 PM by usmbacker.)
06-30-2018 01:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.