WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tanner Morgan
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
Tanner Morgan
Transferring out of Minnesota. .That didn't take long did it?
06-03-2018 01:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

RE: Tanner Morgan
Source? I googled and it looks like a different QB is transferring which I guess would make Morgan the favorite to start. Either way looks like they're very thin at QB.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/ncaa-foot...ad10j00ki3
06-03-2018 02:22 PM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU & UofM
(06-03-2018 01:30 PM)Stampede your face!! Wrote:  Transferring out of Minnesota. .That didn't take long did it?

Right on the heels of Vic Viramontes leaving to be a Juco LB?
06-03-2018 10:40 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
According to the TSN article, Morgan is the only scholarship QB remaining (the JC transfer, Viramontes, is the one that left).
06-04-2018 06:28 AM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

(06-04-2018 06:28 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  According to the TSN article, Morgan is the only scholarship QB remaining (the JC transfer, Viramontes, is the one that left).

Yes. My bad. Got it wrong.
06-04-2018 06:42 AM
NYbronco Offline
Bench Warmer

I am happy for what PJ did to turn Western around, however i do not care in any way of the players they are getting or loosing. Please stop posting information about the gophers on this page for me to stupidly click on
06-04-2018 08:00 PM
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

...or you could just ignore the post? Not sure what else you would’ve expected from a thread named “Tanner Morgan”
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2018 09:39 PM by Hoekjeness.)
06-04-2018 09:39 PM
BuickBronco Offline
Special Teams

PJ looking for 3-4 wins in 2018! New Mexico St could give them a game they were decent last year.
06-07-2018 02:06 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Fleck has named true Freshman walk-on Zack Annexstad Gophers' starting QB for 2018 opener.

Wonder if Morgan wishes now he had committed to WMU instead of to Fleck.
08-22-2018 08:14 AM
Aimless1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU Bronos
(06-04-2018 08:00 PM)NYbronco Wrote:  I am happy for what PJ did to turn Western around, however i do not care in any way of the players they are getting or loosing. Please stop posting information about the gophers on this page for me to stupidly click on

This.

Old news. Different program. Not on the schedule. Could care less what the coach or team does. I don't get the obsession or groupie mentality.
08-22-2018 09:04 AM
WMUPorter Offline
Special Teams

(08-22-2018 09:04 AM)Aimless1 Wrote:  
(06-04-2018 08:00 PM)NYbronco Wrote:  I am happy for what PJ did to turn Western around, however i do not care in any way of the players they are getting or loosing. Please stop posting information about the gophers on this page for me to stupidly click on

This.

Old news. Different program. Not on the schedule. Could care less what the coach or team does. I don't get the obsession or groupie mentality.
Just college football news. If you are not interested you are not required to read it but there are some that are still interested in what goes on with good ole Peej.
08-22-2018 09:54 AM
Advertisement

Aimless1 Offline
Special Teams

(08-22-2018 09:54 AM)WMUPorter Wrote:  Just college football news. If you are not interested you are not required to read it but there are some that are still interested in what goes on with good ole Peej.

If it's college football news then posting about Northwestern or Oklahoma here is all good, right?

Those obsessing over Peej might consider getting a room or using the PM feature of the forum. I'm here for the Broncos, not an old coach or B1G team.
08-22-2018 10:12 AM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

I nearly posted something when I read that a walk on was to start there. It is pertinent to this board in that Morgan was commited to WESTERN at one time. His fortunes and ours changed when Fleck left. Our QB depth chart would or wouldn’t have been better. Hard to say it would be worse with Morgan behind Wassink. How would last season have played out if Morgan entered? But the fact that he wasn’t named starter and was beaten by a walk on does not bode well for him. Possibly wrong fit and he would do better elsewhere? Maybe if he named WESTERN as a potential destination would that meet your requirements for posting such a subject?

I’m starting to get annoyed by the perceived ownership of this forum. If you can’t connect the dots and see how this is at least a bit relevant then "stupidly" is the appropriate adverb for your action.

Edit: commented as soon as I saw the crying about Minnesota and Fleck. Morgan is still on their roster. Does not change the facts and opinions stated above.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2018 11:05 AM by WMUlaxer97.)
08-22-2018 10:54 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-22-2018 10:54 AM)WMUlaxer97 Wrote:  

I nearly posted something when I read that a walk on was to start there. It is pertinent to this board in that Morgan was commited to WESTERN at one time. His fortunes and ours changed when Fleck left. Our QB depth chart would or wouldn’t have been better. Hard to say it would be worse with Morgan behind Wassink. How would last season have played out if Morgan entered? But the fact that he wasn’t named starter and was beaten by a walk on does not bode well for him. Possibly wrong fit and he would do better elsewhere? Maybe if he named WESTERN as a potential destination would that meet your requirements for posting such a subject?

I’m starting to get annoyed by the perceived ownership of this forum. If you can’t connect the dots and see how this is relevant to then "stupidly" is the appropriate adverb for your action.

I have to agree here... This is actually pertinent even if Morgan was never on WMU's radar. Its college football and whether we choose to appreciate or not Fleck's time here... he was a coach here and did well. We had threads that followed Cubit and Darnell when they left WMU... It IS relevant and I personally find it interesting watching how Fleck does at Minn. because we have history here... and whether you want him to fail or succeed .. its a storyline that IS connected. Fleck wouldn't be where he is now had he not been hired here at WMU.
08-22-2018 11:00 AM
WMUlaxer97 Offline
1st String

(08-22-2018 11:00 AM)flushtheherd Wrote:  I have to agree here... This is actually pertinent even if Morgan was never on WMU's radar. Its college football and whether we choose to appreciate or not Fleck's time here... he was a coach here and did well. We had threads that followed Cubit and Darnell when they left WMU... It IS relevant and I personally find it interesting watching how Fleck does at Minn. because we have history here... and whether you want him to fail or succeed .. its a storyline that IS connected. Fleck wouldn't be where he is now had he not been hired here at WMU.

Absolutely a correct assessment. If he challenges for and somehow wins a B1G championship could you imagine the conjecture on this board? What if...(much crying ensues). I don’t follow Minnesota football but if something hits the radar that had to do with our program, which the next 3-4 years does because he and any one of those recruits that he took with him could’ve affected us positively or negatively, then it definitely is worthy of discussion on this board.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2018 11:29 AM by WMUlaxer97.)
08-22-2018 11:15 AM
Dci007 Offline
Bench Warmer

(08-22-2018 11:00 AM)flushtheherd Wrote:  
(08-22-2018 10:54 AM)WMUlaxer97 Wrote:  

I’m starting to get annoyed by the perceived ownership of this forum. If you can’t connect the dots and see how this is relevant to then "stupidly" is the appropriate adverb for your action.

I have to agree here... This is actually pertinent even if Morgan was never on WMU's radar. Its college football and whether we choose to appreciate or not Fleck's time here... he was a coach here and did well. We had threads that followed Cubit and Darnell when they left WMU... It IS relevant and I personally find it interesting watching how Fleck does at Minn. because we have history here... and whether you want him to fail or succeed .. its a storyline that IS connected. Fleck wouldn't be where he is now had he not been hired here at WMU.

Spot on!
08-22-2018 11:24 AM
Advertisement

RunningGame Offline
All American

Wow. Starting a walk-on freshman? Either they are in deep, deep doo-doo, or that guy is going to be the next... the next... well, the next great Gopher QB!
08-22-2018 12:24 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-22-2018 10:12 AM)Aimless1 Wrote:  
(08-22-2018 09:54 AM)WMUPorter Wrote:  Just college football news. If you are not interested you are not required to read it but there are some that are still interested in what goes on with good ole Peej.

If it's college football news then posting about Northwestern or Oklahoma here is all good, right?

Those obsessing over Peej might consider getting a room or using the PM feature of the forum. I'm here for the Broncos, not an old coach or B1G team.

There's nothing unusual about fans providing tidbits about former players, coaches and recruits. I saw NIU fans posting updates on Jerry Kill, CMU for Kelly/Jones/Enos, Toledo for Matt Campbell, etc. Here, we did the same for Cubit when he was active in coaching, there were even Illinois game threads when he was HC there.

Like them or not, they are a part of our school's history.

Not limited to college. Detroit Tigers fans and local media still follow Justin Verlander's every move. The reason is because the name still draws up casual interest.
08-22-2018 12:52 PM
GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

(08-22-2018 12:52 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  
(08-22-2018 10:12 AM)Aimless1 Wrote:  

There's nothing unusual about fans providing tidbits about former players, coaches and recruits. I saw NIU fans posting updates on Jerry Kill, CMU for Kelly/Jones/Enos, Toledo for Matt Campbell, etc. Here, we did the same for Cubit when he was active in coaching, there were even Illinois game threads when he was HC there.

Like them or not, they are a part of our school's history.

Not limited to college. Detroit Tigers fans and local media still follow Justin Verlander's every move. The reason is because the name still draws up casual interest.

Get out of here with your common sense and logic!
08-22-2018 01:10 PM
Aimless1 Offline
Special Teams

What y'all do is fine if it makes you happy.

"Psychologists call this style of repetitive negative thoughts “rumination.” ... When humans ruminate, they repeat negative thoughts over and over, dwelling on something either in the past or the present — but do nothing to change anything. Ruminating is like spinning your wheels in the mud.Dec 30, 2010"

I prefer to be in the present and dream of the future.
08-22-2018 05:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.