http://espn1420.com/rating-the-sun-belt-...irds-nest/
05-21-2018 09:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
RE: Rating the Sun Belt Ball Parks -#1
As much as I’d like to bust your balls for having a series ending with a pimp my stadium post at the end, I can’t, at least from looking at the pictures.
05-21-2018 04:49 PM
BirdofParadise Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(05-21-2018 04:49 PM)AppinVA Wrote:  As much as I’d like to bust your balls for having a series ending with a pimp my stadium post at the end, I can’t, at least from looking at the pictures.

Understood. But seriously, I'll put it up against any AA park in America.
05-21-2018 09:36 PM
Tealblood Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CCU
Now that i have watched some of the games on ESPN +

My only knock on your stadium is the open concourse behind home plate- maybe it was unable to work around but seeing the open gate to the road- a fire truck is parked there as I type this

That is a little off putting to me

The only other real knock is the right field foul area with the storage sheds and I’m assuming batting cages beyond them

Overall I would put this down as a solid #2 stadium in the Sun Belt
05-24-2018 10:06 AM
Advertisement

CajunAmos Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cajuns
(05-24-2018 10:06 AM)Tealblood Wrote:  Now that i have watched some of the games on ESPN +

My only knock on your stadium is the open concourse behind home plate- maybe it was unable to work around but seeing the open gate to the road- a fire truck is parked there as I type this

The only other real knock is the right field foul area with the storage sheds and I’m assuming batting cages beyond them

Just some info.

Those storage sheds you referenced house the Cajun cooking club who cooks and feeds the team (and opponents for night games) and aren't going anywhere ever.

The batting cages will ultimately be part of a new $4M baseball locker room/recreation area/office complex/indoor hitting & pitching facility/roof deck which is next on the agenda for construction. The Cajun dugout will move from third base to first base when this is done.

The open concourse was done with fans in mind so those going to the concession area continue to have view of the game. There are also plenty of monitors in that area just in case. I wondered about it when they first built it, but I think it becomes light the backdrop behind a basketball backboard. Once the pitchers see it, concentration takes over and it becomes a blur. Those seats also cost a little more and you can order food and have it delivered to your seat so you don't miss any action.
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2018 11:54 AM by CajunAmos.)
05-24-2018 11:53 AM
CajunFan3406 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UL
Rating the Sun Belt Ball Parks -#1
(05-24-2018 11:53 AM)CajunAmos Wrote:  
(05-24-2018 10:06 AM)Tealblood Wrote:  Now that i have watched some of the games on ESPN +

Just some info.

Those storage sheds you referenced house the Cajun cooking club who cooks and feeds the team (and opponents for night games) and aren't going anywhere ever.

The batting cages will ultimately be part of a new $4M baseball locker room/recreation area/office complex/indoor hitting & pitching facility/roof deck which is next on the agenda for construction. The Cajun dugout will move from third base to first base when this is done.

The open concourse was done with fans in mind so those going to the concession area continue to have view of the game. There are also plenty of monitors in that area just in case. I wondered about it when they first built it, but I think it becomes light the backdrop behind a basketball backboard. Once the pitchers see it, concentration takes over and it becomes a blur. Those seats also cost a little more and you can order food and have it delivered to your seat so you don't miss any action.

When said complex is built along the 1st base line, the cooking club will have to move. Maybe to the pavilion along the 3rd base line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
05-24-2018 06:25 PM
BirdofParadise Offline
1st String

I Root For:
The openness behind home plate gets criticized a lot.

It wasn't done for television, it was done for the fans. We insisted on "line of sight" for fans who had to wait in line for concessions so they wouldn't miss any action. It looks a little funky on TV, but the only folks who seem to care are people who don't attend.

The Cajun Cooking Club has been feeding teams for over 20 years. GS did a feature on them during their stay in the tournament. In fact, Gilly called the CCC and asked them to feed the team after their first game.

We'll put up with the shed.

But one correction to the previous post. Robe said when the clubhouse is done, it will be done in such a way that the CCC won't have to move.
05-26-2018 09:08 AM
CajunFan3406 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UL
Rating the Sun Belt Ball Parks -#1
(05-26-2018 09:08 AM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  The openness behind home plate gets criticized a lot.

It wasn't done for television, it was done for the fans. We insisted on "line of sight" for fans who had to wait in line for concessions so they wouldn't miss any action. It looks a little funky on TV, but the only folks who seem to care are people who don't attend.

The Cajun Cooking Club has been feeding teams for over 20 years. GS did a feature on them during their stay in the tournament. In fact, Gilly called the CCC and asked them to feed the team after their first game.

We'll put up with the shed.

But one correction to the previous post. Robe said when the clubhouse is done, it will be done in such a way that the CCC won't have to move.

No need for correction. The cooking club will need to move if Robe wants everything on his wish list for the clubhouse. My firm is part of the early design talks with UL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
05-27-2018 02:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.