Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

More C-USA Media Deals to Be Announced
Bookmark and Share
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
More C-USA Media Deals to Be Announced
In this interview with from yesterday, MacLeod says C-USA will have more media deals announced by early June. She claims C-USA is in discussions for adding some games to the ESPN digital platform, and says we still have a year remaining on our beIN Sports deal. She goes on to basically state that conference expansion isn't a topic right now.

On a side note, I still believe she needs to be fired. Enjoy the interview.

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2018/5/1...dy-macleod
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2018 07:15 AM by Side Show Joe.)
05-19-2018 04:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cyc46 Offline
Eagle for Life!

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: More C-USA Media Deals to Be Announced
(05-19-2018 04:39 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  In this interview with from yesterday, MacLeod says C-USA will have more media deals announced by early June. She claims C-USA is in discussions for adding some games to the ESPN digital platform, and says we still have a year remaining on our beIN Sports deal. She goes on to basically state that conference expansion isn't a topic right now.

On a side note, I still believe she should have never been hired in the first place. Enjoy the interview.

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2018/5/1...dy-macleod

Fixed that for you there.
05-20-2018 07:39 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
I hear the digital ESPN platform is a terrible deal, no way CUSA would participate.
05-20-2018 08:13 AM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(05-20-2018 08:13 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  I hear the digital ESPN platform is a terrible deal, no way CUSA would participate.

Not having ESPN as part of our deal is beyond ignorant. I've been hearing for a couple of months now that we were still negotiating with ESPN.

However, if that ESPN exposure is only ESPN+ then it's pointless, because it won't truly be ESPN exposure. It's the same thing as having to go to any other streaming site where only fans of the schools will seek out to watch a specific game. Frankly Stadium has better quality and I would be just as happy to see everything there as ESPN+.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2018 08:56 AM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
05-20-2018 08:54 AM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(05-20-2018 08:13 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  I hear the digital ESPN platform is a terrible deal, no way CUSA would participate.

If that's the case, then I'm sure Judy will dive right in and grab it.
05-20-2018 01:52 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas

I think it is. I hope we are negotiating a deal for some games to be broadcast on the ESPN family of networks, not ESPN+. That would be stupid. Stadium, Facebook, and C-USATV already have the streaming angle covered. We don't need more of that. And, I would not pay to watch our games streaming on ESPN+.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2018 02:17 PM by Side Show Joe.)
05-20-2018 02:16 PM
Advertisement

JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
I hope a good amount of our games end up on ESPN+. For me it’s a good deal since I was already planning on getting the channel for the MLS and boxing content on it. Getting UTEP and CUSA games would just be the cherry on top.
05-20-2018 03:02 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(05-20-2018 02:16 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  

I think it is. I hope we are negotiating a deal for some games to be broadcast on the ESPN family of networks, not ESPN+. That would be stupid. Stadium, Facebook, and C-USATV already have the streaming angle covered. We don't need more of that. And, I would not pay to watch our games streaming on ESPN+.

I dont really get that. A bunch of CUSA stuff is only on CUSA-Net which is a worse platform ESPN-Plus and is more expensive than ESPN-Plus. Basically, ESPN-Plus would be better than the current set up--plus my guess is a ESPN will include a half dozen or so traditional TV broadcast slots--plus some cash for the rights. Not to mention, if all the schools are upgrading their production capabilities——they will likely upgrade to ESPN-3 protocols so that CUSA schools can upload most anything they want to stream to the ESPN-Plus platform. In other words, there could be alot more CUSA content available at better quality for a lower cost to the viewer. Thats not a terrible outcome for the remaining content.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2018 02:35 AM by Attackcoog.)
05-20-2018 04:24 PM
gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
^ For the objective fan, it's a win...if you really want to watch games, matches, meets.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2018 05:22 PM by gulfcoastgal.)
05-20-2018 05:15 PM
MUsince96 Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
(05-20-2018 04:24 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

I dont really get that. A bunch of CUSA stuff is only on CUSA-Net which is a worse platform ESPN-Plus and is more expensive than ESPN-Plus. Basically, ESPN-Plus would be better than the current set up--plus my guess is a ESPN will include a half dozen or so traditional TV broadcast slots--plus some cash for the rights. Not to mention, if all the schools are upgrading their production capabilities——they will likely upgrade to ESPN-3 protocols so that CUSA schools can upload most anything they want to stream to the ESPN-Plus platform. In other words, there could be alot more CUSA content available at better quality for a lower cost to the viewer. Thats not a terrible outcome for the remaining content.

Throwing the rest of our content on ESPN+ and finally saying R.I.P to CUSA-TV would be ideal.
05-21-2018 07:05 AM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen

LOL
05-21-2018 08:11 AM
Advertisement

ODU2K1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
(05-21-2018 07:05 AM)MUsince96 Wrote:  Throwing the rest of our content on ESPN+ and finally saying R.I.P to CUSA-TV would be ideal.

This right here. CUSA-TV is awful. ESPN+ is a solid product as it is now for the MLS games and the NHL show they have been doing during the playoffs. If I can get any CUSA content it is well worth the $4.99 a month to help kill off JudyVision.
05-21-2018 08:17 AM
chidave Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
I don't want to pay for CUSATV, and then have to get ESPN+ in addition to get all the games. ESPN+ for a partial slate of games is useless unless they take all of them.

Sounds like BeIN deal likely to be extended as well. Would like to hear what the final $ will be after all of this is set.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2018 08:37 AM by chidave.)
05-21-2018 08:36 AM
ODU2K1 Offline
1st String

(05-21-2018 08:36 AM)chidave Wrote:  I don't want to pay for CUSATV, and then have to get ESPN+ in addition to get all the games. ESPN+ for a partial slate of games is useless unless they take all of them.

I get it. I take a different approach though: I will not pay for CUSA TV. I want it to die and the conference to go to ESPN3 or ESPN+. If that means I have to go radio only for one or two football and basketball games a year I can live with that. It also means I can listen to my guys call the game without having to do some audio and video syncing voodoo. I have no problem paying for a decent service that I can stream through my Apple TV but CUSA TV is not a decent service.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2018 09:53 AM by ODU2K1.)
05-21-2018 09:51 AM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY

Lol... Yeah, okay.

If every single one of UNT's football games were streaming on ESPN+ in 2018, you'd pay every bit of the $4.99/month for it.
05-21-2018 11:33 AM
Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
(05-21-2018 09:51 AM)ODU2K1 Wrote:  
(05-21-2018 08:36 AM)chidave Wrote:  I don't want to pay for CUSATV, and then have to get ESPN+ in addition to get all the games. ESPN+ for a partial slate of games is useless unless they take all of them.

I get it. I take a different approach though: I will not pay for CUSA TV. I want it to die and the conference to go to ESPN3 or ESPN+. If that means I have to go radio only for one or two football and basketball games a year I can live with that. It also means I can listen to my guys call the game without having to do some audio and video syncing voodoo. I have no problem paying for a decent service that I can stream through my Apple TV but CUSA TV is not a decent service.

I agree with this. I'd really like some consistency as well. Bare with me as I compare apples to oranges for a second:
UAB bball last season had games on: CUSA.tv, FLOHOOPS, SEC Network, BEIN, ESPN3, Stadium, and CBSSN.
Auburn bball had games on: SEC Network, SECN+, ESPN2, ESPNU, and CBSSN

Auburn having everything on ESPN made it so much easier to track down the games. Just open one app and I'm good to go.

Off topic, but in that interview she said the presidents decided not to vote on the schools that had come up. Does anyone know what those schools were?
05-21-2018 12:14 PM
Advertisement

mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(05-21-2018 07:05 AM)MUsince96 Wrote:  
(05-20-2018 04:24 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

Throwing the rest of our content on ESPN+ and finally saying R.I.P to CUSA-TV would be ideal.

Amen
05-21-2018 12:28 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
Just about anything other than CUSA digital would be an upgrade but that doesn't mean it needs to be ESPN. Stadium's streaming platform is more reliable and clearer. If we get everything else thrown to ESPN+ but no ESPN/ESPN2 content there isn't much reason to be excited about it. They are just going to make us pay for all of the equipment and then charger our fan bases for the experience.

Since we need our own equipment anyway the least we should do is create the experience the OVC has which is viable app that meets the mail at no charge. C-USA can even develop its own ad content tailored to the viewership. Otherwise, there are other options than tying our hitch to ESPN. No linear ESPN then no deal for ESPN+ but that's just me. Judy is an idiot, which means that's probably what we will do.
05-21-2018 12:28 PM
FD2004 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UTSA
I took a look at ESPN3 Sunday evening and their selection was bare. Prior to the launch of ESPN+, there was an abundance of content and now there is the CUSA Baseball tournament and not much else. All other content went to ESPN+.

I would prefer for CUSA to make an effort for CUSA.tv to be distributed by Pluto TV. They already have the Big West Conference 24/7, certain WAC baseball games and Stadium is already available on there.
05-21-2018 03:38 PM
ghostofclt Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
clt asks if youcan get espn plus without a normal espn subscription.
05-21-2018 03:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.