Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Slive passes away
Bookmark and Share
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Slive passes away
Was the best cusa commish ever. Was 1000x Judy Judy Judy.
05-16-2018 07:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dogluva Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: Slive passes away
And Slive carried on the work that slimeball Roy Kramer created with the BCS formation to make college football a world of those who are financially either "in the P5 club" or "not in the P5 club".

We'll just have to agree to disagree on Slive's 'greatness'.
05-16-2018 07:41 PM
MadEagle Offline
All American

Dogluva your Tech teams weren't in CUSA when Slive was our commissioner. He did good things for CUSA in the early days. His work in CUSA is why the SEC gave him a **** ton of money to carry on the work Krammer started.
05-16-2018 09:19 PM
Dogluva Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
I'm well aware of what Slive did to build CUSA before my school joined. I'm also well aware of what he did to hurt CUSA after the SEC 'gave him a **** ton of money'. Sorry I don't share your love for the man and what he did 'back in the day'.
05-16-2018 09:27 PM
Advertisement

billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(05-16-2018 09:27 PM)Dogluva Wrote:  I'm well aware of what Slive did to build CUSA before my school joined. I'm also well aware of what he did to hurt CUSA after the SEC 'gave him a **** ton of money'. Sorry I don't share your love for the man and what he did 'back in the day'.

First, Sorry for his passing away.
Mixed thoughts. The formation was cool. Then ECU getting in a year after was cool. Then CUSA along with the WAC/MWC got screwed while the big East pretenders got in. Mixed feelings about that....
05-16-2018 10:34 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
So someone is mad that he did a great job doing what he was paid to do after CUSA?
05-16-2018 11:37 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Mike Slive was commissioner of CUSA from 1995 to 2002. After he left he was no friend to CUSA.
05-17-2018 12:59 AM
Advertisement

nastybunch Offline
Heisman

He did what he was paid to do. Did a great job here in CUSA. RIP
05-17-2018 10:33 AM
NueDaeEagle Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: USM
(05-17-2018 12:59 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  Mike Slive was commissioner of CUSA from 1995 to 2002. After he left he was no friend to CUSA.

True. While he was way better than Her Lowness is now, just about anybody would be. I don't want to say anything bad about someone when they just died, so I just won't say anything else.
05-17-2018 03:37 PM
UABslant Offline

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Since Slive's retirement from the SEC post, he's continued to live here in Birmingham and his foundation has been a huge supporter of the UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center. The UAB basketball program partnered with him to do fundraising this past season. He will definitely be missed here in Birmingham.
05-18-2018 03:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Slive done more to hurt CUSA than he ever done to help it. He along with Roy Kramer are 90% responsible for the dynamic and obscene shift in college funding of the P5 and G5 schools. The other 10% lays at the foot of ESPN.

Slive might be dead the the crap he caused will live on for a long time. For that reason alone I say who cares.....
05-18-2018 06:56 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Being mad at him for that is akin to being mad at a chef who used to work at your restaurant when he moves to a bigger restaurant and continues to make great food. His job was to promote the financial interests of the SEC and he obviously did his job well. I will never be mad at anyone for doing their job well.
05-18-2018 10:08 PM
MadEagle Offline
All American

(05-18-2018 10:08 PM)banker Wrote:  Being mad at him for that is akin to being mad at a chef who used to work at your restaurant when he moves to a bigger restaurant and continues to make great food. His job was to promote the financial interests of the SEC and he obviously did his job well. I will never be mad at anyone for doing their job well.

^^^^^ this
05-18-2018 10:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.