How Nick Saban's Alabama 'Process' is being channeled in Cajun Country
05-14-2018 11:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: How Nick Saban's Alabama 'Process' is being channeled in Cajun Country
Just like every other school that has hired a Saban assistant, they all come in, talk about the "process", winning your position every play. None have duplicated what Saban does, because so far, Saban has never lost to a previous assistant.
05-14-2018 11:27 AM
CajunAmos Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cajuns
(05-14-2018 11:27 AM)Usajags Wrote:  Just like every other school that has hired a Saban assistant, they all come in, talk about the "process", winning your position every play. None have duplicated what Saban does, because so far, Saban has never lost to a previous assistant.

Proof (positive or negative) will come from the results on the field. I do know it won't be due to lack of institutional/athletic foundation support. No excuses, but I not foolish enough to expect it to happen overnight.
05-14-2018 01:10 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
If you give any of our coaches that talent level they'd look pretty good too. He's a great coach, but there's a reason he performed much better at the college level.
05-14-2018 01:18 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
(05-14-2018 01:18 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  If you give any of our coaches that talent level they'd look pretty good too. He's a great coach, but there's a reason he performed much better at the college level.

He and Urban Meyer out-recruit everyone every year, though it's looking like Kirby Smart and UGA might be breaking into their elite club (UGH).

Can't do that at the pro level.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2018 01:29 PM by EigenEagle.)
05-14-2018 01:28 PM
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-14-2018 01:28 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  
(05-14-2018 01:18 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  If you give any of our coaches that talent level they'd look pretty good too. He's a great coach, but there's a reason he performed much better at the college level.

He and Urban Meyer out-recruit everyone every year, though it's looking like Kirby Smart and UGA might be breaking into their elite club (UGH).

Can't do that at the pro level.

It's a chicken or egg scenario. Do they win because of the recruits, or do they get those recruits because they win??? And recruiting is a big part of coaching college, and winning there is part of being the best at your job. You can't fault these guys for winning because they have the recruits when they go out there and out hustle the other guys to get those recruits.
05-14-2018 01:53 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
I said he's a great coach in the original post.

Alabama won over half dozen national titles before him and has a $100M budget. They'll be the odds on favorite again no doubt.

At least they no longer allow programs to have unlimited scholarships.
05-14-2018 02:45 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-14-2018 02:45 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  I said he's a great coach in the original post.

Alabama won a dozen national titles before him and has a $100M budget. They'll be the odds on favorite again no doubt.

At least they no longer allow programs to have unlimited scholarships.

FIFY, but Bama was pretty bad the 10 years before Saban got there.

Sorry, old habits are hard to break. I had 33 years of life with no South football, had to watch someone.
05-14-2018 02:51 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
Yes. In college you can control all the chess pieces.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
05-14-2018 04:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.