Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cincinnati Bengals Rookie Logan Woodside
Bookmark and Share
Michigan Rocket Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
Cincinnati Bengals Rookie Logan Woodside
Read the article on SB Nation Cincy Jungle (I'm thinking it is Bleacher Report). It's a great article comparing Logan Woodside to Baker Mayfield (numbers, accuracy, etc.).

They call Logan "The Baker Mayfield of The MAC"
The last line is something MAC and Toledo fans may not like.
05-01-2018 01:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
RE: Cincinnati Bengals Rookie Logan Woodside
We call Baker Mayfield “The Not-QuiteAsGood-As-Logan-Woodside” of the SEC. Yeah, I know, but who cares?
05-01-2018 02:48 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Quote:Ben Solak has been a football fan and film junkie for all of his life..

And you say the Pro scouts are a joke?
05-01-2018 06:29 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(05-01-2018 01:46 PM)Michigan Rocket Wrote:  Read the article on SB Nation Cincy Jungle (I'm thinking it is Bleacher Report). It's a great article comparing Logan Woodside to Baker Mayfield (numbers, accuracy, etc.).

Remind them Woodside threw for 344 yds and 3 tds against the Canes. He passed for
over 500 yds and 5 tds against BYU. Those aren't MAC schools.
05-01-2018 06:41 PM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(05-01-2018 06:41 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(05-01-2018 01:46 PM)Michigan Rocket Wrote:  Read the article on SB Nation Cincy Jungle (I'm thinking it is Bleacher Report). It's a great article comparing Logan Woodside to Baker Mayfield (numbers, accuracy, etc.).

Remind them Woodside threw for 344 yds and 3 tds against the Canes. He passed for

I remember after Randy Moss was drafted later than expected in the first round some of the talking head "experts" were agreeing that "his phenomenal numbers were coming against MAC corner-backs and safeties and things were about to change for him when he had to go up against NFL DBs" . However the only difference was instead of burning MAC DBs his rookie year was spent burning NFL DB's as he walked away with the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Award
05-01-2018 10:42 PM
Advertisement

Babes boy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
cincyjungle.com
Thought I would try and post the web page. I suck when it comes computer stuff
05-01-2018 11:56 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(05-01-2018 11:56 PM)Babes boy Wrote:  cincyjungle.com
Thought I would try and post the web page. I suck when it comes computer stuff

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/5/1/173...ass-toledo

This should work. Thanks for the find.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2018 08:06 AM by H2Oville Rocket.)
05-02-2018 08:05 AM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

(05-01-2018 10:42 PM)T-Town Wrote:  

I remember after Randy Moss was drafted later than expected in the first round some of the talking head "experts" were agreeing that "his phenomenal numbers were coming against MAC corner-backs and safeties and things were about to change for him when he had to go up against NFL DBs" . However the only difference was instead of burning MAC DBs his rookie year was spent burning NFL DB's as he walked away with the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Award

All true, yet recent history has not served MAC QBs well in terms of their NFL performances. Woodside deserves a chance and every reason to think he can success with hard work and the right fit, but the conference has not built a strong reputation on producing pro ready QBs, regardless of numbers and success they had while in the MAC.
05-02-2018 12:00 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Of course, Randy had other problems. 03-phew
05-02-2018 04:08 PM
Advertisement

NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
Two QBs were drafted this year with only 3,4 offers coming out of HS, Woodside and Lauletta from Richmond. They were both offered by UT and Coach Cambell. That's pretty damn impressive reconzing talent. ..as a Huskie fan I'm glad he's gone and that is why Iowa St can beat Oklahoma.
05-02-2018 08:59 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(05-02-2018 08:59 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  Two QBs were drafted this year with only 3,4 offers coming out of HS, Woodside and Lauletta from Richmond. They were both offered by UT and Coach Cambell. That's pretty damn impressive reconzing talent. ..as a Huskie fan I'm glad he's gone and that is why Iowa St can beat Oklahoma.

And that is why the Rockets are MAC Champs.
05-02-2018 09:24 PM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

The Iowa State QB who led them to their big victories was planning on going to Toledo but he went to Iowa State when Campbell got the job there.
05-03-2018 11:45 AM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
(05-02-2018 09:24 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(05-02-2018 08:59 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  Two QBs were drafted this year with only 3,4 offers coming out of HS, Woodside and Lauletta from Richmond. They were both offered by UT and Coach Cambell. That's pretty damn impressive reconzing talent. ..as a Huskie fan I'm glad he's gone and that is why Iowa St can beat Oklahoma.

And that is why the Rockets are MAC Champs.

Yes sir, he can recognize talent and the talent reconzes him after talking to him.

He probably is not long for Iowa State based on his resume.
05-03-2018 01:17 PM
Advertisement

MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

He dropped in the draft for a number of reasons, but those were some of the comments used to explain it. He was pretty immature until he was in the pros a couple of years. The persona he portrayed at the Heisman ceremony scared a number of teams off - along with getting booted at Notre Dame (for a HS fight) before he ever arrived on campus - then also got booted at Florida State. I hated him for being at Marshall - and he didn't seem all that thrilled to be there either. He is a lot different now that the perception he left many to wonder about. Pretty articulate guy.
05-03-2018 01:44 PM
AquaRocket Offline
Special Teams

Many Rocket fans are glad he is gone too. As last season results clearly illustrates, we upgraded!
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2018 05:18 PM by AquaRocket.)
05-03-2018 05:17 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-03-2018 05:17 PM)AquaRocket Wrote:  

Many Rocket fans are glad he is gone too. As last season results clearly illustrates, we upgraded!

I think maybe the league had a down(er) year. But it would make for an interesting imagination game: Campbell's best team against last year's. I don't know what I would use to justify a "clear" upgrade or even an upgrade. Might be there but I don't have it at the tip of my tongue. I don't think there's been any discussion whether either are even a little complicit in the Beckman fiasco. They were both on staff at the time, no? They all deserves the accolades warranted from resurecting the program but seems a few escaped notice. If injured players were being forced to play, that goes to all who knew or some would say, should have known. Not just the decision maker.
05-04-2018 02:53 AM
FrickerRon Offline
Special Teams

(05-03-2018 11:45 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  The Iowa State QB who led them to their big victories was planning on going to Toledo but he went to Iowa State when Campbell got the job there.

The QB you are talking about is Kyle Kemp. He's back at Iowa State this year. Matt Campbell is very good at seeing great talent like Kareem Hunt, Michael Roberts and many others. I don't think coach Campbell will be at Iowa State very long. That will be to bad, because the fan base and student body really love him. I wish we could fill our stadium every week like ISU does. It's great to see 65,00 fans rooting for ISU.
05-04-2018 12:53 PM
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(05-04-2018 12:53 PM)FrickerRon Wrote:  
(05-03-2018 11:45 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  The Iowa State QB who led them to their big victories was planning on going to Toledo but he went to Iowa State when Campbell got the job there.

The QB you are talking about is Kyle Kemp. He's back at Iowa State this year. Matt Campbell is very good at seeing great talent like Kareem Hunt, Michael Roberts and many others. I don't think coach Campbell will be at Iowa State very long. That will be to bad, because the fan base and student body really love him. I wish we could fill our stadium every week like ISU does. It's great to see 65,00 fans rooting for ISU.

Kyle Kempt has one of the weirdest college trajectories ever. Kid got an offer from Jim Harbaugh in 8th grade to play at Stanford when he lived out on the West Coast. He moved to Massillon his sophomore year of high school and committed to Cincinnati...but Tuberville pulled his offer when he came in to replace Butch Jones. He ends up Oregon State, but never really gets any time, transfers to a JUCO in Kansas, then transfers to Iowa State, scouts in 2016, then gets put on third string and only plays because the two guys in front of him get hurt, but ends up getting Honorable Mention All Big 12...just goes to show you how much all of this is about luck. Now there's the question of what to do, because the guy who beat him out for the job but got hurt early in the season is also back this year...
05-04-2018 01:56 PM
pono Online
Heisman

I Root For:
(05-03-2018 01:44 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  

He dropped in the draft for a number of reasons, but those were some of the comments used to explain it. He was pretty immature until he was in the pros a couple of years. The persona he portrayed at the Heisman ceremony scared a number of teams off - along with getting booted at Notre Dame (for a HS fight) before he ever arrived on campus - then also got booted at Florida State. I hated him for being at Marshall - and he didn't seem all that thrilled to be there either. He is a lot different now that the perception he left many to wonder about. Pretty articulate guy.

there was a lot of racism with Moss' high school legal issues which has been well documented. he went to a predominantly white school and got jumped a lot. the fight that created the legal issue was with a white student who had graffiti "all n......s must die" on his desk and was bullying a black friend of Moss'. The scuffle got pretty violent and the white student ended up in the hospital. Moss was originally charged with some very serious felonies and faced a period of wondering if he was gonna spend most of his life in prison. he was literally shackled in the courtroom like a slave or serial killer and although the charges eventually got reduced he still got convicted and criminalized for a school fistfight and sentenced and locked up in jail as a 17 year old as a result. He came out of all that with some real mental health issues and understandable anger. Some of which he dealt with by smoking weed. When he got caught at FSU with marijuana he was found in violation of his probation and sent back to jail, and after his release ended up at Marshall. I remember watching him at Marshall and being turned off by his demeanor and personality but over the years as he grew as a player and person and began to talk about his childhood and high school years it became easier to understand him.
05-04-2018 03:42 PM
crusher38 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USC and Toledo
howdy doody's days are numbered in cincy. woodside might get the nod
05-06-2018 01:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.