Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Paterno HBO
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
Paterno HBO
Did anyone else watch this on HBO? Interesting story, made Paterno look like the scumbag that he was. That he knew the entire time but basically brushed it off and couldn’t be bothered with it bc all he cared about was football and his legacy. Wondered what anyone else’s take on it.
04-15-2018 11:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
RE: Paterno HBO
He was just as disgusting as those at Michigan State/USA Gymnastics.
04-15-2018 11:21 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
It is also a movie, with the political correct environment we live in, there was no other type of Paterno movie they could have made
Either make a movie of him being a vilan or don't make a movie, were the only 2 options .. even if there is a lot of gray
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2018 11:22 AM by pesik.)
04-15-2018 11:21 AM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(04-15-2018 11:21 AM)pesik Wrote:  It is also a movie, with the political correct environment we live in, there was no other type of Paterno movie they could have made
Either make a movie of him being a vilan or don't make a movie, were the only 2 options .. even if there is a lot of gray

^This
04-15-2018 01:16 PM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

Given the facts about the case you guys believe his hand are clean?
04-15-2018 04:04 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(04-15-2018 04:04 PM)jaredf29 Wrote:  Given the facts about the case you guys believe his hand are clean?

if there was any evidence that his hands were clean or there was something to vindicate him do you honestly believe any news site would post it???

it was a witch hunt

do i think his hands were clean? no...do i believe the situation is more gray than it was proposed? 100%
in these kind of cases and situations it will never ever be reported fairly, the media outlets fear backlash themselves

sbnation once put out an article about the ex-football player who became a cop and abused poor women...they released an article trying to portray both sides. 30 minutes of posting it had to be taken down and and sbnation had to release a full apology for even posting it

"Given the facts" that was given to you by the media.. for these ind of things i just leave it to te judical system...let the courts decide...not media
04-15-2018 04:24 PM
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

Please....

It was not a witch hunt. Even if Paterno did not cover it up, it happened for years under his watch, thus making him guilty of negligence in child rape (at the very least).
04-15-2018 04:36 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
I heard Al Pacino turned in one of his best performances in the role....
04-15-2018 04:41 PM
El Bandito 22 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Penny
I thought he did a good job playing Dr. Jack Kevorkian
04-15-2018 05:18 PM
sfink16 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
How is this thread AAC related and at least not listed as OT?
04-15-2018 07:11 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(04-15-2018 07:11 PM)sfink16 Wrote:  How is this thread AAC related and at least not listed as OT?

Temple is only 3 hours away.
04-15-2018 07:15 PM
Advertisement

vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
(04-15-2018 07:15 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  
(04-15-2018 07:11 PM)sfink16 Wrote:  How is this thread AAC related and at least not listed as OT?

Temple is only 3 hours away.

Hey! We have our own scumbag rapist problem. Don’t attach paterno to us.
04-15-2018 07:21 PM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
pesik you are as wrong as can be. Paterno knew for years what was going on. There was no witch hunt; there was a massive cover up of a child serial rapist to protect the football team. Not sure what your agenda is here but you are definitely on the wrong side.
04-15-2018 07:25 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(04-15-2018 07:25 PM)vick mike Wrote:  pesik you are as wrong as can be. Paterno knew for years what was going on. There was no witch hunt; there was a massive cover up of a child serial rapist to protect the football team. Not sure what your agenda is here but you are definitely on the wrong side.

^^^ the exact reason i was talking about

i dont care about this topic either way...but if i did there is no way anyone could bring any debate topic without seeming like they support the wrong action..you have to vilianize him or people like vick will attack your character

an example someone could state;
there is zero evidence of a cover up by paterno, there is evidence he was informed, and evidence he told the president...for that you can claim he should have did more...
their is zero evidence he told the president to not call the police, their is zero evidence he tried to supress any information from leaking. his sin was not doing more, nothing more. there would have been HUGE criminal charges otherwise

they will be attacked mercilessly ....the story of what he did will be wildly exaggerated (like above) and no one will defend to put it back in the gray

that is the definition of a witch hunt...to call someone a with in the witch hunt era, is to grab a pitch fork exaggerate her wrong doings or stay quite in fear of being associated with the witch.

also lets not debate this vick...my point was i will never blindingly trust the media narrative on things, thats it
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2018 08:01 PM by pesik.)
04-15-2018 07:59 PM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

Of course Paterno knew. And kept a lid on it.
04-17-2018 02:54 PM
ECBrad Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
(04-15-2018 07:59 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(04-15-2018 07:25 PM)vick mike Wrote:  pesik you are as wrong as can be. Paterno knew for years what was going on. There was no witch hunt; there was a massive cover up of a child serial rapist to protect the football team. Not sure what your agenda is here but you are definitely on the wrong side.

^^^ the exact reason i was talking about

i dont care about this topic either way...but if i did there is no way anyone could bring any debate topic without seeming like they support the wrong action..you have to vilianize him or people like vick will attack your character

an example someone could state;
there is zero evidence of a cover up by paterno, there is evidence he was informed, and evidence he told the president...for that you can claim he should have did more...
their is zero evidence he told the president to not call the police, their is zero evidence he tried to supress any information from leaking. his sin was not doing more, nothing more. there would have been HUGE criminal charges otherwise

they will be attacked mercilessly ....the story of what he did will be wildly exaggerated (like above) and no one will defend to put it back in the gray

that is the definition of a witch hunt...to call someone a with in the witch hunt era, is to grab a pitch fork exaggerate her wrong doings or stay quite in fear of being associated with the witch.

also lets not debate this vick...my point was i will never blindingly trust the media narrative on things, thats it

Buddy all he said was you are on the wrong side of an issue. He did nothing to attack your character. Attacking your character would be me saying something like wow this guy sure likes to defend child rapists and their enablers, he probably is one too. Not that I would do that but if I did that is what character attack would look like.

However to the topic at hand there is actual sworn testimony that Paterno was aware for over a decade including written documents. I have no idea why people bother defending this guy, especially somebody not affiliated with the program.
04-17-2018 03:11 PM
Advertisement

2bumsabroad Offline
2nd String

I Root For: East Carolina

I rarely agree with Pesik because of his blind hatred for ECU, but he is absolutely right. You literally proved his point by saying he had an agenda for simply starting the case is not as cut and dry because the media would NEVER say anything in Paternos defense because the backlash would be insane.

I couldnt give a crap less about penn st or paterno. What was actually known, what actually happened, and to what extent, is murky at best. That being said I think it's been clear that more should have been done. and because it wasnt, his named will be forever soiled
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2018 03:22 PM by 2bumsabroad.)
04-17-2018 03:15 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
I get disgusted by even hearing the word Penn State. Paterno is the same...
04-17-2018 04:02 PM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

Paterno had complete control over the program nothing went on that he didn’t know about or approve/dissaprove. He knew for years about Jerry and did nothing. That’s complicity at the least, there is evidence that he knew about early discretions and covered it up.
04-17-2018 04:44 PM
Wavetime Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane
(04-15-2018 11:05 AM)jaredf29 Wrote:  Did anyone else watch this on HBO? Interesting story, made Paterno look like the scumbag that he was. That he knew the entire time but basically brushed it off and couldn’t be bothered with it bc all he cared about was football and his legacy. Wondered what anyone else’s take on it.

I also thought the movie portrayed him to be just out of it. His mind appeared to be fried. The only thing he cared about was winning and actually didn't do much of anything, coaching, decision making or anything. He was purely a figurehead. And yes, I do think he knew the whole time....horrible time for the victims and PSU faithful.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2018 04:13 PM by Wavetime.)
04-21-2018 10:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.