Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A bit of news from Hoopdirt
Bookmark and Share
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
A bit of news from Hoopdirt
•It sounds like Clark Atlanta assistant coach Alfred Jordan will be joining Darrell Walker at Little Rock in some capacity. Jordan is a CAU alum who had been on Walker’s staff for the past two seasons. No word on the rest of the staff yet.
04-10-2018 04:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
RE: A bit of news from Hoopdirt
He should have most or all of his staff named by now. Can't figure out why he hasn't named one coach by now.
04-10-2018 08:30 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-10-2018 08:30 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  He should have most or all of his staff named by now. Can't figure out why he hasn't named one coach by now.

Friday will be 2 weeks since he was hired. Hard to imagine we won't know more about his staff at then end of the week.
04-10-2018 09:38 PM
LR Alum Offline
1st String

(04-10-2018 04:45 PM)mjs Wrote:  •It sounds like Clark Atlanta assistant coach Alfred Jordan will be joining Darrell Walker at Little Rock in some capacity. Jordan is a CAU alum who had been on Walker’s staff for the past two seasons. No word on the rest of the staff yet.

I was hoping he brought him. From reading his bio he is from the Bronx and I would imagine the person who recruited all the NYC players to Clark Atlanta. Hopefully that can translate into recruiting D1 NYC players to Little Rock. It will be a harder sell than to Atlanta but it can be done.
04-11-2018 03:07 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-11-2018 03:07 PM)LR Alum Wrote:  
(04-10-2018 04:45 PM)mjs Wrote:  •It sounds like Clark Atlanta assistant coach Alfred Jordan will be joining Darrell Walker at Little Rock in some capacity. Jordan is a CAU alum who had been on Walker’s staff for the past two seasons. No word on the rest of the staff yet.

I was hoping he brought him. From reading his bio he is from the Bronx and I would imagine the person who recruited all the NYC players to Clark Atlanta. Hopefully that can translate into recruiting D1 NYC players to Little Rock. It will be a harder sell than to Atlanta but it can be done.

Good point. I was wondering how Darrell got all those NY players to Atlanta. Ron Kestenbaum was able to do it years ago. No reason why we can't get some of them now. I remember Ron saying there were more good players, in a few block area in NYC, than the whole state of Arkansas.
04-11-2018 03:54 PM
Advertisement

Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

I Root For: LR,Tulsa
If we can get the best players available nationwide that want to be a part of this then we may see instant transformation approaching the magnitude of what Beard did. The big unknown is can DW motivate and mentor them to win at our level immediately. Otherwise it is a rebuilding year to suffer.
04-12-2018 10:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UaLrRuLeS Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-12-2018 10:27 AM)Robert C Wrote:  If we can get the best players available nationwide that want to be a part of this then we may see instant transformation approaching the magnitude of what Beard did. The big unknown is can DW motivate and mentor them to win at our level immediately. Otherwise it is a rebuilding year to suffer.

we gonna suck
04-12-2018 03:29 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-12-2018 03:29 PM)UaLrRuLeS Wrote:  
(04-12-2018 10:27 AM)Robert C Wrote:  If we can get the best players available nationwide that want to be a part of this then we may see instant transformation approaching the magnitude of what Beard did. The big unknown is can DW motivate and mentor them to win at our level immediately. Otherwise it is a rebuilding year to suffer.

we gonna suck

That's short and to the point. We'll be better. How much, I don't have a clue. Can Darrell get us 9 more wins which would get us to around .500? That would be a remarkable turnaround. I'll have to see what new players he brings in before I even hazard a guess at that.
04-12-2018 03:53 PM
TroJams Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Little Rock
(04-12-2018 03:53 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(04-12-2018 03:29 PM)UaLrRuLeS Wrote:  

we gonna suck

That's short and to the point. We'll be better. How much, I don't have a clue. Can Darrell get us 9 more wins which would get us to around .500? That would be a remarkable turnaround. I'll have to see what new players he brings in before I even hazard a guess at that.

Steve Shields 2.0 04-jawdrop
04-12-2018 10:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.