UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rothstein: Memphis and UAB renewing their home-and-home series
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
MyBB Rothstein: Memphis and UAB renewing their home-and-home series
Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein

Memphis and UAB are renewing their home-and-home series, per a source. Next season's game will be at FedEx Forum, 19-20 at UAB.
04-10-2018 10:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
RE: Rothstein: Memphis and UAB renewing their home-and-home series
Good news. Memphis at home in 2 years could be an opportunity for an elite victory we rarely have a shot at these days.
04-10-2018 11:15 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Hope it’s a conference game in a few years.
04-10-2018 11:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blazerball25 Offline
Special Teams

That means we will get to see the Wiseman kid in Bartow arena.
04-10-2018 11:40 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(04-10-2018 11:40 AM)blazerball25 Wrote:  That means we will get to see the Wiseman kid in Bartow arena.

Doubtful. In two years, he will be in the NBA
04-10-2018 11:43 AM
blazerball25 Offline
Special Teams

(04-10-2018 11:43 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(04-10-2018 11:40 AM)blazerball25 Wrote:  That means we will get to see the Wiseman kid in Bartow arena.

Doubtful. In two years, he will be in the NBA

I thought Wiseman was a junior this year?

Senior year in high school next year 18-19 season

1 and done college season in 19-20
04-10-2018 12:28 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
There are a lot of rumors that he will reclassify
04-10-2018 12:29 PM
BirminghamJoseph2770 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Birmingham
(04-10-2018 11:38 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Hope it’s a conference game in a few years.

rather be in the Big 12 then the AAC. Two Choices stay in C-USA or move to the Big 12. Its a lateral move to the AAC. Call it the less of the Big East. And I'll tell you why the Big 12 is Attractive to a Alabama School, Just Cause they lost two schools to the SEC, and they want to repave the way. Call it for what its worth. Its going to be La Tech, UAB or Southern and currently when that stadium is built with the facilities who has the upper hand. Other then that I, like the Conference the Blazers play in. Look At FAU.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2018 05:12 PM by BirminghamJoseph2770.)
04-10-2018 05:00 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
And I’d rather be in the SEC than the Big XII. The AAC is not lateral though.
04-10-2018 05:11 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Rolls eyes.
04-10-2018 05:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blazer88 Offline
Banned

(04-10-2018 05:00 PM)BirminghamJoseph2770 Wrote:  
(04-10-2018 11:38 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Hope it’s a conference game in a few years.

rather be in the Big 12 then the AAC. Two Choices stay in C-USA or move to the Big 12. Its a lateral move to the AAC. Call it the less of the Big East. And I'll tell you why the Big 12 is Attractive to a Alabama School, Just Cause they lost two schools to the SEC, and they want to repave the way. Call it for what its worth. Its going to be La Tech, UAB or Southern and currently when that stadium is built with the facilities who has the upper hand. Other then that I, like the Conference the Blazers play in. Look At FAU.

Lol
04-10-2018 07:29 PM
Advertisement

grendelson138 Offline
Special Teams

While we're counting crazy wishes: I'd totally like to date Scarlett Johansson and have my wife be cool with it.
04-11-2018 08:13 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

+1
04-11-2018 08:24 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I was pleased with the announcement and hope the games honor a person seminal to each program - Gene Bartow - and is tied to a cancer research donation.
04-15-2018 07:25 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Agreed.
04-15-2018 07:57 AM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award

My guess about BIG 12 expansion - if it ever happens - is that they will go after large, well funded urban schools like those in Orlando, Houston or Tamps. Memphis is a possible 4th choice. All 4 are in recruiting "hot beds" for "impact players" in at least one revenue sport. I believe the heyday of the rural or urban smaller budget programs (< $30 million annually) is in the past where power conferences are concerned.
04-15-2018 02:58 PM
Advertisement

blazerjay Offline

Donators
(04-15-2018 02:58 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  

My guess about BIG 12 expansion - if it ever happens - is that they will go after large, well funded urban schools like those in Orlando, Houston or Tamps. Memphis is a possible 4th choice. All 4 are in recruiting "hot beds" for "impact players" in at least one revenue sport. I believe the heyday of the rural or urban smaller budget programs (< $30 million annually) is in the past where power conferences are concerned.

I'll give you UCF & Houston, but USF is anything but well funded. They are begging for a new stadium, even using UAB as an example. They were recently told they might get a covered practice facility and they should be happy with that... Sound familiar?
04-16-2018 10:18 AM
Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
(04-15-2018 02:58 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  

Obviously I'm the newbie here but I believe UAB also has that chance. According to the link below, UAB allocates about as much towards its athletics budgets as the schools you mentioned at $21M (UCF - $27M, USF - $23M, Memphis - $18M). I think it hinges on getting people in Birmingham, the #1 college football market, to go to UAB games.

I grew in Tampa, and went to a lot of USF games in high school. I know that they're in a similar situation to UAB in that most of their fans & students still root for UF and FSU, but they're still able to draw in an extra $12.3M in revenue.

All this to say that I think UAB is an excellent candidate with a lot of potential. Something else is that UAB has academics that are (generally) much better than other non-power schools.
04-16-2018 10:34 AM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

John Martin @JohnMartin929

Keelon Lawson on show does not rule out a return from Dedric and KJ Lawson to Memphis depending on what happens at Kansas with FBI.
04-16-2018 02:11 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

(04-16-2018 02:11 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  John Martin @JohnMartin929

Keelon Lawson on show does not rule out a return from Dedric and KJ Lawson to Memphis depending on what happens at Kansas with FBI.

I heard that interview. I wouldn't put any stock in what Martin reported. It went something like this

Martin: are you willing to rule out the chance that the Lawsons' might return to Memphis.
Keelon: well I wouldn't rule it out. If something happens at Kansas, who knows?

That radio show is the worst on Memphis radio. They have Lawson on air every week feeding his ego, which is immense, and he eats it up, saying all sorts of contradictory things.
04-16-2018 02:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.