BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
BJCC answers burning questions about stadium project: taxes, timeline, location
03-30-2018 04:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BirminghamJoseph2770 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Birmingham
RE: BJCC answers burning questions about stadium project: taxes, timeline, location
Hope, they have Amtrack involved in this project, as it is a Massive Project. Birmingham is about to see a Massive project they have not seen in years. Get Ready Highland Alabama they about to take off/. Be like the 20's in Birmingham Again.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2018 04:44 PM by BirminghamJoseph2770.)
03-30-2018 04:41 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
RE: BJCC answers burning questions about stadium project: taxes, timeline, location
Amtrack? last time I was there I didn't see any train tracks.
03-30-2018 04:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
And the 20's?? If we wanted the 20's, we would stay at Legion Field.
03-30-2018 04:49 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Let's not go back to the 20s.
03-30-2018 04:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Banned

(03-30-2018 04:48 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Amtrack? last time I was there I didn't see any train tracks.

Check the Hub, It was built 15 years ago, or it was their. It was in Mid town about two blocks from the Alabama Theatre. To the left. Last time, I was their I saw plenty of train tracks.
03-30-2018 04:54 PM
Banned

(03-30-2018 04:49 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  And the 20's?? If we wanted the 20's, we would stay at Legion Field.

Let me check my History Book, I just looked and the 20's were prosperious times in Birmingham.
03-30-2018 04:56 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

You can keep the 20s.

The tracks are nowhere near the BJCC.
03-30-2018 04:58 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
He is referring to the downtown train tracks between Morris Avenue (North) and Powell Avenue (South) where the old L&N Station was located and a newer hub was built.
03-30-2018 05:02 PM
Advertisement

kdblazer Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
How does widening of 11th Ave N by Aldot effect the project. With the scheduled I59/20 bridge replacement downtown will redirect traffic on to 11th ave north which splits the project site as listed.
03-30-2018 11:10 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

When ALDOT designed 11th Ave to be the new main surface road for the entrance/exit ramps, I'm guessing they didnt really believe Birmingham would pull off the stadium project so they didn't plan for it.
03-31-2018 12:01 AM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
ALDOT didn't ask anyone for feedback on their plans. They just made them and then told us what they were. They don't give a damn about anyone else's opinions or feedback, they are the god of Ala. freeway construction. When a session to allow public comment was demanded they tucked it away in a hard to find area on very short notice.
03-31-2018 10:44 AM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

11th seems to start/end at the new stadium(22nd st?)...really only losing about 3 blocks...
03-31-2018 11:02 AM
Advertisement

mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

I specifically remember the plans for the new entrance/exit ramps taking BJCC expansion into consideration. They'd have had to take land from the BJCC and/or the city, so it's not like they wouldn't have talked to them about it

edit: here's a map of the plans from ALDOT's website, doesn't look like the project will impede on the BJCC property at all. As a matter of fact, there's even more room because they're eliminating the loop ramp at 11th Ave near Carraway Blvd http://rp.dot.state.al.us/I59_20/pdf/ProposedLayout.pdf
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2018 02:18 PM by mixduptransistor.)
03-31-2018 02:12 PM
kdblazer Offline
All American

(03-31-2018 02:12 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  I specifically remember the plans for the new entrance/exit ramps taking BJCC expansion into consideration. They'd have had to take land from the BJCC and/or the city, so it's not like they wouldn't have talked to them about it

edit: here's a map of the plans from ALDOT's website, doesn't look like the project will impede on the BJCC property at all. As a matter of fact, there's even more room because they're eliminating the loop ramp at 11th Ave near Carraway Blvd http://rp.dot.state.al.us/I59_20/pdf/ProposedLayout.pdf
Take a look at the 4 square block area....11th ave runs right smack in the middle of the site.
.png  BJCC.png (Size: 100.71 KB / Downloads: 7)
03-31-2018 06:20 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-31-2018 06:20 PM)kdblazer Wrote:  
(03-31-2018 02:12 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  I specifically remember the plans for the new entrance/exit ramps taking BJCC expansion into consideration. They'd have had to take land from the BJCC and/or the city, so it's not like they wouldn't have talked to them about it

Take a look at the 4 square block area....11th ave runs right smack in the middle of the site.

Okay? 15th Street used to run all the way from 11th Ave S to University Blvd too, but it doesn't anymore.

The discussion was about the modifications ALDOT is doing to 11th Ave N. Those modifications are nowhere near the BJCC project, so it won't impact the stadium.

Initial plans before they started had an off ramp on the east end of downtown dumping into 11th Ave N, with 11th Ave N becoming a main artery, and then the entrance ramps to 20/59 on 11th Ave N at the west end of downtown. Those plans changed, and now 11th Ave is mostly not affected by the ALDOT project.
03-31-2018 07:46 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

The BJCC master plan has a hotel being built where that loop ramp is now.
03-31-2018 10:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.