Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jordan Nobles transferring
Bookmark and Share
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
Per his twitter.

Bummer :(. I wish him the best wherever he ends up.
03-27-2018 05:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Block_E Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Eastern
RE: Jordan Nobles transferring
Thanks for wearing the E, hope you light up the next town.

Assume he wants to start as a senior, currently R-Jr.

Rotation wise we definitely have a lot of 6-7 and up forwards right now. Minnie, Jones, King, Groce, Green, Ballard.
03-27-2018 05:31 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Wish him well. I have no idea at what level we'll go.

Glad he will be an EMU grad.
03-27-2018 06:00 PM
EMUAARON Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hurons
dang. he'll be missed. good luck to him.
03-27-2018 06:18 PM
EAGLE KING Offline
1st String

Kampe has shown some interest already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-27-2018 06:57 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(03-27-2018 06:57 PM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  Kampe has shown some interest already.

That would be a slap in Murphy's face if he went to mid major Oakland in a lesser conference.

He will go high major and be a role player. Ohio's Jaron Simmons didn't find Michigan's bench comfortable.
03-27-2018 08:27 PM
Advertisement

EAGLE KING Offline
1st String

(03-27-2018 08:27 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  

That would be a slap in Murphy's face if he went to mid major Oakland in a lesser conference.

He will go high major and be a role player. Ohio's Jaron Simmons didn't find Michigan's bench comfortable.

I agree just telling you what I know.

03-27-2018 08:29 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(03-27-2018 08:27 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  

He needs to decide what kind of offense and defense he fits in as well as what level of competition.

Hope he doesn't make a mistake.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018 08:59 PM by emu steve.)
03-27-2018 08:58 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
Damn. Too bad.

He had a nice final game in Huntsville, TX.
03-28-2018 05:50 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

Woah, more bombshell news. Thanks for informing us on this stuff, Sam. I feel like Monles was underutilized. He was the perfect fit. Spread the floor and have opposing 2’s fits with his height (which seemed the position he mostly played despite some time at the 3 and 4 as well).

Depending on what Thompson and Minnie end up doing, EMU might be looking at a rebuilding year.
03-28-2018 08:37 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(03-28-2018 08:37 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  Woah, more bombshell news. Thanks for informing us on this stuff, Sam. I feel like Monles was underutilized. He was the perfect fit. Spread the floor and have opposing 2’s fits with his height (which seemed the position he mostly played despite some time at the 3 and 4 as well).

Depending on what Thompson and Minnie end up doing, EMU might be looking at a rebuilding year.

On paper looks like a good player with good percentages, esp. treys, but I never felt he was the impact player he could have been.

Should have been a gunner like the Oakland SF of a few years ago who'd come off the bench ready to shoot.
03-29-2018 01:25 AM
Advertisement

EAGLE KING Offline
1st String

He’s going to Oakland. Maybe Kampe utilizes the potential in his offensive game.

https://twitter.com/__stretch15/status/9...75488?s=21

04-07-2018 08:00 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(04-07-2018 08:00 AM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  He’s going to Oakland. Maybe Kampe utilizes the potential in his offensive game.

I would loved to have seen him on this year's OU team, before injuries, which had a lot of offensive weapons.

OU is a very good school and close to home for him.

Some of these 'grass is greener' moves don't work out (ask the EMU WBB players who left or Ohio's Simmons who transferred to UofM MBB and he got time on the pines). Who knows.

Will miss Jordan but he made a decision which makes sense for him. He might do well in their offense.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2018 08:20 AM by emu steve.)
04-07-2018 08:15 AM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(04-07-2018 08:15 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(04-07-2018 08:00 AM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  He’s going to Oakland. Maybe Kampe utilizes the potential in his offensive game.

I would loved to have seen him on this year's OU team, before injuries, which had a lot of offensive weapons.

Some of these 'grass is greener' moves don't work out (ask the EMU WBB players who left or Ohio's Simmons who transferred to UofM MBB and he got time on the pines). Who knows.

Will miss Jordan but he made a decision which makes sense for him. He might do well in their offense.

This doesn't make sense to me. Nobles was a very valuable cog un Murphy's rotation. If we over recruited him and someone coming in is going to be better than him - then ok. If he left because he doesn't believe in Murphy then it's an issue that is being highlighted. D1 players typically do not transfer down to a lesser conference especially when they be a starting player next season.
04-07-2018 09:55 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(04-07-2018 09:55 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  

This doesn't make sense to me. Nobles was a very valuable cog un Murphy's rotation. If we over recruited him and someone coming in is going to be better than him - then ok. If he left because he doesn't believe in Murphy then it's an issue that is being highlighted. D1 players typically do not transfer down to a lesser conference especially when they be a starting player next season.

Lucky, players, esp. grad transfers, transfer all the time thinking that they have a better chance of success at another school, different scheme, etc.

This happens hundreds and hundreds of times and has been up around 700 - 800 transfers in a recent year.

Sorry see him go but he may (or may not) be a better fit at Oakland.
04-07-2018 11:07 AM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan

Horizon >>> MAC
04-07-2018 05:01 PM
Advertisement

Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(04-07-2018 05:01 PM)holybovine Wrote:  

Horizon >>> MAC

That's laughable.

The horizon doesn't have our legacy success in the NC2A.
04-07-2018 05:18 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(04-07-2018 05:18 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  
(04-07-2018 05:01 PM)holybovine Wrote:  

Horizon >>> MAC

That's laughable.

The horizon doesn't have our legacy success in the NC2A.

And the MAC has been clearly superior for many years.
04-07-2018 05:32 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

MAC has been bad for awhile now. Oakland has much better fan support and has a much better campus/program reputation than EMU. This was not a lateral move for Nobles; better coach/program/reputation at Oakland. Just the truth. Eastern is going to need a new coach to change the culture.
04-07-2018 08:00 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(04-07-2018 08:00 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  MAC has been bad for awhile now. Oakland has much better fan support and has a much better campus/program reputation than EMU. This was not a lateral move for Nobles; better coach/program/reputation at Oakland. Just the truth. Eastern is going to need a new coach to change the culture.

What is the question: MAC vs. Horizon OR EMU vs. Oakland?

MAC is definitely a better conference than Horizon.
04-07-2018 09:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.