Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

HolyLand No More?
Bookmark and Share
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
HolyLand No More?
Guess y'all will have to come back here...
03-23-2018 03:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
RE: HolyLand No More?
Stever broke it. This is why we can never have nice things.
03-23-2018 03:10 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
part of my diabolical plan......
03-23-2018 03:13 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Seems to be going strong now...
08-06-2018 12:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

Good quality posters over there. Always good for BE talk.
08-07-2018 09:35 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(08-07-2018 09:35 AM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  Good quality posters over there. Always good for BE talk.

It would be nice to have them back over here...unfortunately the BE break up caused hard feelings.
08-07-2018 12:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

(08-07-2018 12:37 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  It would be nice to have them back over here...unfortunately the BE break up caused hard feelings.

Well, there was a ton of animosity that time - much of which was being driven by a handful of (now) banned posters. It didn't help that C7/AAC fans were part of the same board for several months either, creating an easy and accessible source of contention.

For BE fans, five years later, many could not be more pleased and excited for the future growth and success of the league. Other than occasional obvious trollish intent to stir the pot and argue that "the AAC is equal to the Big East" on HLOH, the AAC never gets mentioned (unless it is to poke fun at posters that go over there just to incite debate). I would argue, for the most part, that there remains few hard feelings over the split on the BE side. On the other side, however, one need not go far on the AAC board to see references/threads/jabs at the BE.
08-08-2018 11:30 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(08-08-2018 11:30 AM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  
(08-07-2018 12:37 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  It would be nice to have them back over here...unfortunately the BE break up caused hard feelings.

Well, there was a ton of animosity that time - much of which was being driven by a handful of (now) banned posters. It didn't help that C7/AAC fans were part of the same board for several months either, creating an easy and accessible source of contention.

For BE fans, five years later, many could not be more pleased and excited for the future growth and success of the league. Other than occasional obvious trollish intent to stir the pot and argue that "the AAC is equal to the Big East" on HLOH, the AAC never gets mentioned (unless it is to poke fun at posters that go over there just to incite debate). I would argue, for the most part, that there remains few hard feelings over the split on the BE side. On the other side, however, one need not go far on the AAC board to see references/threads/jabs at the BE.

Come on now...

UCONN is brought up quite often over there. It's easily the non-BE school discussed the most (often negatively).
08-08-2018 05:37 PM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

Well, I look like an idiot. Someone bumped an AAC thread over there today. I'll show myself out...

[Image: giphy.gif]
08-08-2018 10:36 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

Oh look...

A brand new thread about coaching hires that focuses mostly on Hurley/UCONN.
08-18-2018 11:22 AM
novachap Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Villanova
(08-18-2018 11:22 AM)HuskyU Wrote:  Oh look...

Are you talking about the thread on the Dauster article? If so, might want to look again. A 2 page thread where it quoted the article on Hurley and Penny... that was it. Looks to me like the thread ondeed "focuses mostly" on Steele...

btw, looking forward to the game at msg. Should be closer this year. I made it to Hartford last year. I like playing you guys again.
08-18-2018 03:16 PM
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(08-18-2018 03:16 PM)novachap Wrote:  

Are you talking about the thread on the Dauster article? If so, might want to look again. A 2 page thread where it quoted the article on Hurley and Penny... that was it. Looks to me like the thread ondeed "focuses mostly" on Steele...

btw, looking forward to the game at msg. Should be closer this year. I made it to Hartford last year. I like playing you guys again.

Hurley/UCONN/Penny/Memphis was mentioned a dozen times in the OP. The thread may have evolved, but it reinforces the point that the Holyland still enjoys a good ole AAC-centric OP.

UCONN will likely lose badly again this year at MSG. I'm looking forward to the 2019-2020 game @ Nova tho, as I think our 2019 recruiting class is going to be very impactful. I hope the series continues. Nova has been incredibly impressive under Jay. Big props.
08-18-2018 07:06 PM
gtmoBlue Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Creighton
Whatttt? Where am I?? What is this place, feels like wonderland? Recognize Novachap and GW11, but this place has a eerie, steverrrrresque feel about it.
I must've took the wrong turn at Albuquerque... bye now!
08-27-2018 03:12 PM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

(08-27-2018 03:12 PM)gtmoBlue Wrote:  Whatttt? Where am I?? What is this place, feels like wonderland? Recognize Novachap and GW11, but this place has a eerie, steverrrrresque feel about it.
I must've took the wrong turn at Albuquerque... bye now!

Did the thread entitled stever's thoughts give you that feeling?
08-27-2018 03:45 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

Oh look... Another one.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2018 08:34 PM by HuskyU.)
09-25-2018 08:33 PM
hoops22 Offline
Banned

I Root For: big east
(09-25-2018 08:33 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  

Oh look... Another one.

You're overreaching a bit. It was well known Hurley was interested in the St. John's job before Mullin was hired. Braziller's tweet questions if St. John's would have been better off had they gone in a different direction. That question has nothing to do with UCONN. Whether Hurley was coaching today in Florida, Texas or California, it's still a valid question. One response veered off into UCONN talk, but the gist of the thread is, Hurley getting recruits St. John's has interest in, when they likely could have Hurley himself had they wanted. The world isn't as obsessed with UCONN as you seem to think.
09-26-2018 09:02 AM
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(09-26-2018 09:02 AM)hoops22 Wrote:  
(09-25-2018 08:33 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  

Oh look... Another one.

You're overreaching a bit. It was well known Hurley was interested in the St. John's job before Mullin was hired. Braziller's tweet questions if St. John's would have been better off had they gone in a different direction. That question has nothing to do with UCONN. Whether Hurley was coaching today in Florida, Texas or California, it's still a valid question. One response veered off into UCONN talk, but the gist of the thread is, Hurley getting recruits St. John's has interest in, when they likely could have Hurley himself had they wanted. The world isn't as obsessed with UCONN as you seem to think.

I never said the world is obsessed. Just your holyland. 03-lmfao
09-28-2018 11:57 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

Bump. For the UCONN obsession.
11-30-2018 02:55 PM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

(11-30-2018 02:55 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  Bump. For the UCONN obsession.

Give our best to the Boneyard supporters that continue to push for a UConn return to the Big East. Must be a shared "obsession".

04-cheers
11-30-2018 03:03 PM
Bogg Offline
All American

I Root For: UConn
(11-30-2018 02:55 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  Bump. For the UCONN obsession.

There are only three schools not located in states with coastlines on the Pacific who make any sort of sense for the Big East right now, so SLU, UD, and UConn are going to come up anytime conference realignment comes up, it's only natural. The Boneyard has a whole forum for conference realignment, so UConn's hardly a fan base in any sort of position to be judgey about other schools looking a few years in the future.

That being said, the Creighton-Gonzaga game got me thinking. Most agree the non-basketball travel is just too much of a hurdle for Gonzaga's candidacy right now, but the Zags' power play with the Mountain West last summer demonstrated that they can extract pretty much any concession from the WCC they want. Would there be any precedent for the Big East circumventing the WCC office entirely and negotiating a mini-challenge with Gonzaga directly? Something like two home and two away games a year between Gonzaga and rotating Big East teams, resulting in Gonzaga functionally playing a double-round-robin with the conference over a five-year period?
12-01-2018 03:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.