Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Twitterati: Fact or Fiction Edition
Bookmark and Share
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
The latest from Flugaur is cryptic to say the least. I imagine it has something to do with OU appointing a new President soon, but that's speculation.

Fake news or true stories? You be the judge...

Greg Flugaur
@flugempire
7h7 hours ago

Brace for impact.

Dinner with BTM (The Source)this Saturday night.

After breaking yet another local Gopher Story this last Sunday (check this weeks timeline) BTM has some new Realignment information.

Hint: 3 old pals did meet in Kansas in 2017.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greg Flugaur
@flugempire
7h7 hours ago

If you have anytime Saturday night.
If you have any interest.
You might want to stay close..stay tuned.

3 old pals have been talking.
They will pick it up again once 1 of the old friends fills a seat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greg Flugaur
@flugempire
6h6 hours ago

All questions will be answered Saturday night after dinner.

BTM is not the first to break this particular event of “3 old pals talking”.

But for BTM it has moved from myth/rumor to real event.

It did happen.
It has real meaning.
It is real.
03-22-2018 10:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: Twitterati: Fact or Fiction Edition
(03-22-2018 10:02 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  The latest from Flugaur is cryptic to say the least. I imagine it has something to do with OU appointing a new President soon, but that's speculation.

Greg Flugaur
@flugempire
7h7 hours ago

Brace for impact.

After breaking yet another local Gopher Story this last Sunday (check this weeks timeline) BTM has some new Realignment information.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greg Flugaur
@flugempire
7h7 hours ago

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greg Flugaur
@flugempire
6h6 hours ago

It did happen.
It has real meaning.
It is real.

Retread. Getting ready for post tournament teases.
03-22-2018 10:19 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(03-22-2018 10:19 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(03-22-2018 10:02 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  The latest from Flugaur is cryptic to say the least. I imagine it has something to do with OU appointing a new President soon, but that's speculation.

Greg Flugaur
@flugempire
7h7 hours ago

Brace for impact.

Greg Flugaur
@flugempire
7h7 hours ago

Greg Flugaur
@flugempire
6h6 hours ago

It did happen.
It has real meaning.
It is real.

+1. If you're going to give us breaking news, just give it. This looks like an attempt to sell sizzle without any steak...
03-23-2018 03:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
murrdcu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas
Dennis Dood starts the realignment carousel with Gonzaga possibly two weeks away from leaving WcC to join Mountain West for 2018-19 season.

https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status...66950?s=21

Dennis mentions BYU, who plays B.B. in WCC and Indy in football, might consider rejoining the MWC as the WCC ‘s strength of schedule would take a major hit if Gonzaga left.
03-24-2018 06:16 PM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

(03-23-2018 03:21 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

Greg Flugaur
@flugempire
7h7 hours ago

Brace for impact.

Greg Flugaur
@flugempire
7h7 hours ago

Greg Flugaur
@flugempire
6h6 hours ago

It did happen.
It has real meaning.
It is real.

+1. If you're going to give us breaking news, just give it. This looks like an attempt to sell sizzle without any steak...

Fluge always does this. It’s not some wwe lead up to a pay per view main event. Most of the time his info has new tidbits, only a couple of times was there nothing new or barely interesting.
03-24-2018 06:19 PM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

(03-24-2018 06:19 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  
(03-23-2018 03:21 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

Greg Flugaur
@flugempire
7h7 hours ago

Brace for impact.

Greg Flugaur
@flugempire
7h7 hours ago

Greg Flugaur
@flugempire
6h6 hours ago

It did happen.
It has real meaning.
It is real.

Fluge always does this. It’s not some wwe lead up to a pay per view main event. Most of the time his info has new tidbits, only a couple of times was there nothing new or barely interesting.

True, but we literally have nothing else to talk about right now so I'm kind of interested. 03-lmfao

Maybe some of the reporters will start some decent rumors when the Final Four is over.
03-24-2018 07:28 PM
Advertisement

murrdcu Offline
1st String

BTM tweets are out.

My only question is how did things change with OU since when A&M joined that OU would explore a move with only KU when Boren states he wouldn’t entertain a move to the SEC since neither of OU’s main rivals, Texas and Oklahoma State, were offered as well?

Glad he did mention the strong pro SEac booster crowd in the OU camp, but I would be concerned about the strong pro B1G crowd in the BOT he mentioned.

Anyway, landthieves should be lit right now
03-24-2018 08:59 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(03-24-2018 08:59 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  BTM tweets are out.

My only question is how did things change with OU since when A&M joined that OU would explore a move with only KU when Boren states he wouldn’t entertain a move to the SEC since neither of OU’s main rivals, Texas and Oklahoma State, were offered as well?

Glad he did mention the strong pro SEac booster crowd in the OU camp, but I would be concerned about the strong pro B1G crowd in the BOT he mentioned.

Landthieves and ShaggyTexas are going out of business on Monday. No joke.
03-24-2018 09:06 PM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

(03-24-2018 09:06 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

Just read the op post from over there. They’ll be back up after new servers are bought. So funny the owner of the servers got butthurt and did this.
03-24-2018 09:18 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(03-24-2018 09:18 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  
(03-24-2018 09:06 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

Just read the op post from over there. They’ll be back up after new servers are bought. So funny the owner of the servers got butthurt and did this.

Shaggy might be, but Landthieves is likely in the wind.

So what exactly did Fluguar say tonight? Idle minds want to know.
03-24-2018 10:20 PM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire

BTM:

“In late February 2017 ,during Oklahoma and Kansas Basketball game, non official reps from all 3 Universities of Oklahoma, Kansas & Nebraska met in a planned informal meeting to discuss potential steps forward in Conference Realignment.”

------------------

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
3h3 hours ago

BTM:

“Completely unofficial meeting among non-employees of the 3 Universities, but significant. How do we know this happened? Because notes were taken”

-------------------

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
3h3 hours ago

BTM:

“I know there were notes taken, not because I’ve seen them, but I know the party who has seen them when he was called to help guide the person (Nebraska unofficial rep) in answering follow up questions two weeks out after said meeting occurred”

-------------------

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
3h3 hours ago

BTM:

“When did I find out about this meeting at Allen Fieldhouse?

4 days ago. How did I find out? Because of a what I do in my business, my job, I was curious and asked about a recent large donation to KU. The rest of info unraveled in my lap”

--------------------

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
3h3 hours ago

BTM:

“Let’s take a step back. Few years ago Kansas and Oklahoma opened their books for Big Ten examination. This is not a secret. Opening the books at the time was never about the last Big Ten Expansion, but about the next one.”

--------------------

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
3h3 hours ago

BTM:

“The last Big Ten Expansion was always going East. Delany was going to get Eastern population, Eastern Media to increase value of entire Conference. Delany always had 2 region conference concept for next Big Ten Expansion.”

---------------------

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
3h3 hours ago

BTM:

“Big Ten back-channeled talked with Rutgers for over 6 years. No promises, but no secrets. Same is happening now with Kansas & Oklahoma. But there is one big and extremely telling and interesting difference”

----------------------

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
3h3 hours ago

BTM:

“These back-channel talks (twice that we know of 1: Opened books 2013 2: Feb 2017)with Kansas & Oklahoma has been in tandem. Package deal. We do not know of any comparable examples of this long range back-channeling with a tandem before now.”

----------------------

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
3h3 hours ago

BTM:

“Kansas & Oklahoma need to know what each other are doing if they want to keep their options going forward. They can’t go into their separate 3rd Tier negotiations in 2021 & 2022 without some sort of idea of how the other one is proceeding”

-----------------------

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
3h3 hours ago

BTM:

“As valuable as KU and OU are in brands, institutions, and economic centers in their respective states they both still need each other to gain invite to Big Ten. Both schools bring in value the other does not have. They jump every hurdle together”

------------------------

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
3h3 hours ago

BTM:

“It’s why they had the meeting. Informal, planned meeting with non officials, non direct employees of Nebraska, Oklahoma & Kansas. The interest is mutual on all sides. It has been for quite sometime and the interest has not dissipated”

-------------------------

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
3h3 hours ago

BTM:

“None of these schools would set up a formal meeting with direct representation of each school at this time for it would endanger Kansas & Oklahoma financially because of its obvious violation of Big 12 bylaws when schools have entered Grant of Rights”

--------------------------

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
3h3 hours ago

BTM:

“Discussions, the meeting notes of February of 2017, centered around maximizing options of 3rd Tier rights for OU & KU leading up to potential Big Ten invite in 2023/24 for 2025 entry”

---------------------------

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
3h3 hours ago

BTM: “These rights are important. They involve multiple platforms within each institution. And they also differ from each other.”

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
3h3 hours ago

BTM:

“Questions were raised on how these next 3rd Tier negotiations OU & KU will be going through very shortly can have off ramps into Big Ten Network if possible”

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
3h3 hours ago

BTM:

“Discussions also included what are the options, not so much to shorten the 6 year investment into Big Ten Network, but if the off ramp from their own new 3rd Tier deals negotiated 2021/2022 can somehow be mixed into Big Ten Network on short term basis”

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
2h2 hours ago

BTM:

“Oklahoma & Kansas want to keep all options open, which includes staying with reformed Big 12. So it wants to work in concert with each other and *understandings* from Big Ten when moving into next 3rd Tier negotiations with ESPN, IMG or other media.”

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
2h2 hours ago

BTM:

“What is striking about this meeting, about this particular back-channel talks is Kansas & Oklahoma did it together. It’s no surprise it happened with Nebraska unofficial rep, but it’s meaningful Kansas & Oklahoma did it together.”

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
2h2 hours ago

BTM:

“When KU & OU and their Board of Regents look at their options for beyond 2025 when Big 12 Grant of Rights comes to completion, they will be looking at what they both hope is a reformed Big 12 Option & Big Ten Option. They will be doing it together.”

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
2h2 hours ago

BTM:

“There is a growing perception in Big Ten circles Oklahoma & Kansas do not have much Pro SEC or Pro PAC factions within their Board of Regents and for Oklahoma it’s Pro SEC donors have huge uphill climb against Oklahoma BOR.”

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
2h2 hours ago

BTM:

“But there is, and will continue to be, very strong voices at OU & KU to push reform in Big 12 and stay in Big 12 past 2025.”

-----------------------------

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
2h2 hours ago

BTM:

“And this is the reason for back-channel talks. This is how OU and KU work in concert with each other during their upcoming separate 3rd Tier negotiations and keep clear options open for Big Ten invite and entry, and also keep a reformed Big 12 Option.

------------------------------

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
2h2 hours ago

BTM

“Big Ten interest is very high on expanding with Kansas & Oklahoma. The 16 School Conference has been war gamed out for years. It’s extra content it would provide to sell in Tier 1/2 market and 3rd Tier to Big Ten Network has been discussed throughly”

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
2h2 hours ago

BTM

“16 school Logistics, schedules, divisions, effect on non revenue sports, discussions with 51% owner of BTN FOX Sports, travel has all been on the table for years.”

Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
2h2 hours ago

BTM

“The number 16 itself is not an issue. The right value-add with 15 & 16 have to be nailed to keep it a sweet spot. Current ripples in Big Ten, and Media partner FOX, is in favor of targeting Kansas & Oklahoma”

03-24-2018 11:13 PM
Advertisement

Soobahk40050 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee
Out of all the Twitterati I tend to appreciate Fluguar a little bit more.

However, I have a little confusion here: why would OK go to the Big 10 with Kansas and not go to the SEC with OK State AND Kansas plus one other natural opponent (not necessarily rival, but someone like TCU or Iowa State or WVU)?

Secondarily, what is SECs backup plan if it does lose out of OK? It seems most of the posts now have SEC with Ok/Ok State in next round. Do we swing harder for Texas, do we settle for WVU, wait out the ACC or grab a G5 like South Florida?
03-24-2018 11:53 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(03-24-2018 11:53 PM)Soobahk40050 Wrote:  Out of all the Twitterati I tend to appreciate Fluguar a little bit more.

However, I have a little confusion here: why would OK go to the Big 10 with Kansas and not go to the SEC with OK State AND Kansas plus one other natural opponent (not necessarily rival, but someone like TCU or Iowa State or WVU)?

Secondarily, what is SECs backup plan if it does lose out of OK? It seems most of the posts now have SEC with Ok/Ok State in next round. Do we swing harder for Texas, do we settle for WVU, wait out the ACC or grab a G5 like South Florida?

First of all these were backroom talks held over a year ago between unofficial parties. And what they supposedly represent are the Big 10's hopes for their future realignment. It doesn't mean that the SEC, PAC, or ACC have given up or haven't had unofficial talks of their own, or that Oklahoma and Kansas have made a decision. For your information the nature of all of these talks is to be affirmative about your possible desires for the conference that is talking to you. It's good form and a way to get some concessions if need be.

I can assure you that the SEC will act in its own best interest. And any offer we make, should we make one, will be very seriously considered before anyone acts.

But the PAC will probably make one too.

I promise you this. In the end if the Big 12 blows apart the top schools will do all in their power to move to a home geographically close enough as to not affect their fan bases, to a place that cares about and plays the sports that are important to them, and to a place where they feel more or less culturally inclined. Why? The fans are their livelihood. They have to play where the fans can afford to go, and where the fans want to go. It is a business.

And one more thing. Where a school plays athletics has nothing, and never had anything, to do with their academic associations.
03-25-2018 12:26 AM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
(03-25-2018 12:26 AM)JRsec Wrote:  
(03-24-2018 11:53 PM)Soobahk40050 Wrote:  Out of all the Twitterati I tend to appreciate Fluguar a little bit more.

First of all these were backroom talks held over a year ago between unofficial parties. And what they supposedly represent are the Big 10's hopes for their future realignment. It doesn't mean that the SEC, PAC, or ACC have given up or haven't had unofficial talks of their own, or that Oklahoma and Kansas have made a decision. For your information the nature of all of these talks is to be affirmative about your possible desires for the conference that is talking to you. It's good form and a way to get some concessions if need be.

I can assure you that the SEC will act in its own best interest. And any offer we make, should we make one, will be very seriously considered before anyone acts.

I promise you this. In the end if the Big 12 blows apart the top schools will do all in their power to move to a home geographically close enough as to not affect their fan bases, to a place that cares about and plays the sports that are important to them, and to a place where they feel more or less culturally inclined. Why? The fans are their livelihood. They have to play where the fans can afford to go, and where the fans want to go. It is a business.

And one more thing. Where a school plays athletics has nothing, and never had anything, to do with their academic associations.
To add to this, OU in the B1G would risk losing fertile Texas recruiting grounds. I think Kansas recruiting would suffer less. OU in the SEC would benefit both the SEC and the Sooners.
03-25-2018 12:32 AM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

Quote:Greg Flugaur

@flugempire
2h2 hours ago

BTM:

“What is striking about this meeting, about this particular back-channel talks is Kansas & Oklahoma did it together. It’s no surprise it happened with Nebraska unofficial rep, but it’s meaningful Kansas & Oklahoma did it together.”

It’s not “striking “ per se as the only schools that approach or meet B1G standards are Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and Iowa State. Texas thinks and knows there are better than everyone else else and Iowa State doesn’t add anything that Iowa doesn’t already deliver.

Also, months ago, I thought BTM was saying B1G would bring in Kansas independent of what OU does. Makes me wonder if B1G would look at adding say another Eastern school if OU wasn’t an option. I think Syracuse would work—they seem disgruntled enough to entertain the thought of leaving the acc
03-25-2018 02:35 AM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
What would a "reformed" B12 look like? Who would they have to add to keep Oklahoma & Kansas? PAC schools?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-25-2018 08:21 AM
Advertisement

Soobahk40050 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee
(03-25-2018 08:21 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  What would a "reformed" B12 look like? Who would they have to add to keep Oklahoma & Kansas? PAC schools?

Schools that grow the Big 12s total package to close to $50 million per school a year.

Arizona/Arizona State aren't going to cut it.

Grabbing Ark wouldn't either.

Grabbing current G5s wouldn't either.

Maybe if they could grab USC.
03-25-2018 05:11 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(03-25-2018 05:11 PM)Soobahk40050 Wrote:  
(03-25-2018 08:21 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  What would a "reformed" B12 look like? Who would they have to add to keep Oklahoma & Kansas? PAC schools?

Schools that grow the Big 12s total package to close to $50 million per school a year.

Arizona/Arizona State aren't going to cut it.

Grabbing Ark wouldn't either.

Grabbing current G5s wouldn't either.

Maybe if they could grab USC.

They aren't grabbing anything but their butts and they are going to have to hold for dear life to those.

Fluguar knows his audience is the Big 10 crowd and interested parties from the Big 12. So he dredges up a year old rumor from a time when Boren was the president to push his new agenda. I love how he says that donor interest was for the SEC but the Board of Regents is for the Big 10. The danged B.O.R. like our Trustees are comprised of donors.

The Big 10 went for North Carolina and Virginia took Maryland when they couldn't get them in hopes of dislodging them, and settled for Rutgers. That my friend is the end of the story. Now they need one of Texas or Oklahoma to keep up with us.

Yes their TV revenue will almost be 51 million when they get it in April of this year, but that will only help them half the deficit in total revenue that they presently have with the SEC. Last year we were 14 million ahead of them and they are spinning our revenue totals for this year because we were almost 3 million per school lower due to the rotation of the Sugar Bowl with the CFP. Next year with our annual escalator we will be around 45-46 million. So they'll milk this until we get our new T1 contract. But the simple truth is they will still be behind us in total revenue after they get their new contract money. If they don't land the Sooners and we do they will be perpetually behind. So Fluguar plays this angle to the hilt because it generates hits up North. Down here we really aren't worried and in the end OU will do what is best for their sports programs, which include emphasis in gymnastics, Softball, and Baseball.

Put simply, I'm bullish on our chances.
03-25-2018 05:22 PM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(03-25-2018 12:26 AM)JRsec Wrote:  

That narrative has been massaged into the B1G will help new schools get access to Federal Grant money; just look at what membership has done for UMD 03-banghead
03-25-2018 05:55 PM
YNot Offline
All American

I Root For: BYU
(03-24-2018 06:16 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  Dennis Dood starts the realignment carousel with Gonzaga possibly two weeks away from leaving WcC to join Mountain West for 2018-19 season.

https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status...66950?s=21

Dennis mentions BYU, who plays B.B. in WCC and Indy in football, might consider rejoining the MWC as the WCC ‘s strength of schedule would take a major hit if Gonzaga left.

Football still drives the bus. BYU isn't giving up its wannabe P5 schedule for an MWC football schedule and demotion.

And, though there will continue to be growing pains with the more difficult football schedule, the horrible 4-9 season wasn't because of independence or the difficult schedule - it was because we took a gamble on an inexperienced coaching staff made up of beloved alumni. We struggled against a winless FCS team to start the season and lost to 3-9 ECU and 4-8 UMass. 4-9 wasn't because of the schedule or independence - it was all about the coaching-staff gamble.

And, I think there is a good chance that Gonzaga stays. WCC just voted to reduce the conference schedule to 16 games, something Gonzaga had been pushing for. It will also give the top-2 teams an automatic path to the conference tournament semifinals. These moves remove 2 or 3 RPI-killing games from the top teams' schedules.

Also, the conference agreed to make changes to revenue distributions and TV broadcast rights, though no details were released on what the changes will entail. I assume these changes favor Gonzaga.

But, even if Gonzaga leaves, BYU will improve its opportunity to win the WCC and make the Dance. And, will have 2 more games to work with to improve its OOC schedule.

But, that's all secondary to the football program. No way does BYU move to a G5 conference unless forced.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018 11:51 AM by YNot.)
03-27-2018 11:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.