Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Future SBC hosting P5s
Bookmark and Share
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
Future SBC hosting P5s
I enjoy watching SBC teams host P5s so I broke down when each team will be hosting. None this year but UL hosts Ole Miss in 2019 (in NOLA). ULM and USA don't have any right now but have both hosted multiple P5s recently.

East:
App: North Carolina (2022), South Carolina (2025)
CCU: Kansas (2020)
GS: BYU (2021)
GSU: North Carolina (2022), Vanderbilt (2024)
Troy: NC State (2020), Miss St (2027)

West:
stAte: Iowa St (2025)
UL: Ole Miss (2019)
ULM: none
USA: none
TXST: Baylor (2022), Arizona St (2024)
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2018 11:24 AM by slycat.)
03-21-2018 11:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

_x_ Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
RE: Future SBC hosting P5s
Does BYU count?
03-21-2018 11:34 AM
trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
(03-21-2018 11:34 AM)_x_ Wrote:  Does BYU count?

For GS, close enough. We've struggled to get a quality schedule the last few years (a lot of 5 home game seasons, with 2 midweek games kills attendance and ticket sales).
But we have seen major improvements in the future schedules and I believe next year we will announce our 1st P5 conference team to play in Paulson. Our finacial situation has greatly improved so we may be willing to do a 2 for 1 deal (currently that option is off the table due to losing the payout and giving up a home game) with a team like USC. I still wouldn't like to do a 2for1 and would rather hold our ground like stAte and force them to do and 1and1 deal. We will likely see more games with CUSA and AAC teams. Still waiting for the 8 game series with UNLV. 03-drunk
03-21-2018 11:50 AM
BankerCajun Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UL
(03-21-2018 11:24 AM)slycat Wrote:  I enjoy watching SBC teams host P5s so I broke down when each team will be hosting. None this year but UL hosts Ole Miss in 2019 (in NOLA). ULM and USA don't have any right now but have both hosted multiple P5s recently.

East:

West:

Cajuns actually plays Miss St. Next year in Starkville, then we play a home game with them in the Super Dome the following year.. I wish we could get them to come to Lafayette..
03-21-2018 12:20 PM
BankerCajun Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UL
(03-21-2018 11:24 AM)slycat Wrote:  I enjoy watching SBC teams host P5s so I broke down when each team will be hosting. None this year but UL hosts Ole Miss in 2019 (in NOLA). ULM and USA don't have any right now but have both hosted multiple P5s recently.

East:

West:

Cajuns actually plays Miss St. Next year in Starkville, then we play a home game with them in the Super Dome the following year.. I wish we could get them to come to Lafayette..
03-21-2018 12:20 PM
Hail The Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(03-21-2018 11:50 AM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  

For GS, close enough. We've struggled to get a quality schedule the last few years (a lot of 5 home game seasons, with 2 midweek games kills attendance and ticket sales).
But we have seen major improvements in the future schedules and I believe next year we will announce our 1st P5 conference team to play in Paulson. Our finacial situation has greatly improved so we may be willing to do a 2 for 1 deal (currently that option is off the table due to losing the payout and giving up a home game) with a team like USC. I still wouldn't like to do a 2for1 and would rather hold our ground like stAte and force them to do and 1and1 deal. We will likely see more games with CUSA and AAC teams. Still waiting for the 8 game series with UNLV. 03-drunk

Couldn't get a decent schedule for the first 3 years after the transition... go 2-10 and it's amazing how many AD's answer your phone calls. 03-puke
03-21-2018 12:30 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
We've got an AAC opponent coming into Jonesboro the next several years. Not P5 outside of their own imaginations, but probably better for our ticket sales than half the P5 teams we could play.
03-21-2018 12:39 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern

My feeling is yes only because all of the current P5 count them as a P5 opponent for OOC scheduling purposes plus they have a 1A National Championship and quality football program.
03-21-2018 12:46 PM
trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

(03-21-2018 12:30 PM)The Black Flag Wrote:  

Couldn't get a decent schedule for the first 3 years after the transition... go 2-10 and it's amazing how many AD's answer your phone calls. 03-puke

That's a biased statement. The schedules in the beginning of our FBS days were made years in advance and what wasn't filled had to be quickly patched together. Also, if you read carefully, the financials have changed drastically. I really haven't seen much change in the schedule since the end of the worst season ever. We did have team rearrange schedules and ours even out to 6 home games a year for the next decade almost. Basically GS's scheduling is on the rise. App (who a lot of GS fans like to point to as what they want to see at Paulson) has just been blessed with some close lower level P5 and good G5 schools, a bit of luck and savvy negotiating to get Miami, a more competent AD before the move to FBS (Comparing it to Baker) and an initially a better financial situation. Based on recent trend of games scheduled, I predict we see an announcement of a P5 coming to Paulson within a year.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2018 01:19 PM by trueeagle98.)
03-21-2018 01:16 PM
HighlandsApp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: AppState

True Eagle, I asked for permission to join the Flight Line but it has not been granted. I am confused by why almost all eagle fans believe that a three game arrangement is a two for one?

The AppState UNC series involves UNC paying AppState about $950k for one visit to Chapel Hill and then $250k for the other visit to Chapel Hill. As I understand, AppState is also giving something to UNC when they come to Boone although this may be tickets.

I suspect that the South Carolina series will be similar but also involves a 6 year multiple game baseball series.

On the GaSo board, about 90% of posters believe that these arrangements are flat out a two for one with no compensation. Why do they believe this?

Do the other school's fans know about the payment arrangements for your scheduled series with P5 schools? If so, please share.
03-21-2018 01:17 PM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
@HighlandsApp

When did you register? Sometimes true registrations can get lost in all of the bot requests.

I can look into it for you.
03-21-2018 01:23 PM
Advertisement

trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

(03-21-2018 01:17 PM)HighlandsApp Wrote:  

But we have seen major improvements in the future schedules and I believe next year we will announce our 1st P5 conference team to play in Paulson. Our financial situation has greatly improved so we may be willing to do a 2 for 1 deal (currently that option is off the table due to losing the payout and giving up a home game) with a team like USC. I still wouldn't like to do a 2for1 and would rather hold our ground like stAte and force them to do and 1and1 deal. We will likely see more games with CUSA and AAC teams. Still waiting for the 8 game series with UNLV. 03-drunk

True Eagle, I asked for permission to join the Flight Line but it has not been granted. I am confused by why almost all eagle fans believe that a three game arrangement is a two for one?

The AppState UNC series involves UNC paying AppState about $950k for one visit to Chapel Hill and then $250k for the other visit to Chapel Hill. As I understand, AppState is also giving something to UNC when they come to Boone although this may be tickets.

I suspect that the South Carolina series will be similar but also involves a 6 year multiple game baseball series.

On the GaSo board, about 90% of posters believe that these arrangements are flat out a two for one with no compensation. Why do they believe this?

Do the other school's fans know about the payment arrangements for your scheduled series with P5 schools? If so, please share.

PM Eagle22 he will set you up.

As for the USC deal (and UNC deal) That sounds like a typical 2 for 1. You get a little something for going to UNC one extra time (950k was more than I thought you would get) but the other games are basically break even for each school (I suspect you may pay USC a bit to visit to come to Boone though). The 2 for 1 deals we've heard about would not compensate us to that level for the extra away game and our fans have been %$^&* about having only 5 home games for several seasons. So it came down to money and not wanting to give up another home game (and possibly risk the P5 backing out of the deal anyway).

If you can find more details about the compensation you are getting from USC then it would be interesting if the deal is basically a 1 payday game, plus a home and home. I think that would be a something GS fans would be writing and calling our A.D. about making happen.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2018 01:29 PM by trueeagle98.)
03-21-2018 01:27 PM
T2003 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy & Auburn

East:

West:

Nice list, but we can do better. Hosting S.Carolina and Ole Miss is huge. Good to see that we are not letting any BIG10 schools in our recruiting areas by hosting them - Purdue, Indiana, Mich St, Pitt (ACC) etc are notorious for recruiting in AL, GA.

Btw Boise St is doing an extremely good job. Seems like they have reached the next level: 1-for-1 deals with Fla St, Michigan St, Ok St, Oregon St, BYU...

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/mtn-west...roncos.php
03-21-2018 01:31 PM
HighlandsApp Offline
Special Teams

(03-21-2018 01:23 PM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  @HighlandsApp

When did you register? Sometimes true registrations can get lost in all of the bot requests.

I can look into it for you.

Last week or early weekend. Thanks.
03-21-2018 01:32 PM
HighlandsApp Offline
Special Teams

(03-21-2018 01:27 PM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  

But we have seen major improvements in the future schedules and I believe next year we will announce our 1st P5 conference team to play in Paulson. Our financial situation has greatly improved so we may be willing to do a 2 for 1 deal (currently that option is off the table due to losing the payout and giving up a home game) with a team like USC. I still wouldn't like to do a 2for1 and would rather hold our ground like stAte and force them to do and 1and1 deal. We will likely see more games with CUSA and AAC teams. Still waiting for the 8 game series with UNLV. 03-drunk

As for the USC deal (and UNC deal) That sounds like a typical 2 for 1. You get a little something for going to UNC one extra time (950k was more than I thought you would get) but the other games are basically break even for each school (I suspect you may pay USC a bit to visit to come to Boone though). The 2 for 1 deals we've heard about would not compensate us to that level for the extra away game and our fans have been %$^&* about having only 5 home games for several seasons. So it came down to money and not wanting to give up another home game (and possibly risk the P5 backing out of the deal anyway).

If you can find more details about the compensation you are getting from USC then it would be interesting if the deal is basically a 1 payday game, plus a home and home. I think that would be a something GS fans would be writing and calling our A.D. about making happen.

Thanks.

I believe that a few reportershave freedom of information act requests in so wee should see some details on South Carolina deal soon.

I was very disappointed that NC State did deals with Troy and GaSt instead of App. I am hopeful with Duke. AppState would fill their stadium for them.
03-21-2018 01:37 PM
trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

(03-21-2018 01:37 PM)HighlandsApp Wrote:  
(03-21-2018 01:27 PM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  

Thanks.

I believe that a few reportershave freedom of information act requests in so wee should see some details on South Carolina deal soon.

I was very disappointed that NC State did deals with Troy and GaSt instead of App. I am hopeful with Duke. AppState would fill their stadium for them.

GS fans hope one day to get a 1 and 1 deal with GT, but that may not happen until PJ leaves. I am hopefully we will have big news by next year. No inside info, just a gut feeling.
03-21-2018 01:46 PM
Advertisement

Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
Would GS take the UNC-CH and South Carolina deals - yup.
03-21-2018 02:31 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
(03-21-2018 02:31 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Would GS take the UNC-CH and South Carolina deals - yup.

I would, but our AD has stated that he's not interested in 2-1 deals. Although, now that we're a little more financially stable, I wonder if his tune will change.
03-21-2018 03:08 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
(03-21-2018 03:08 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(03-21-2018 02:31 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Would GS take the UNC-CH and South Carolina deals - yup.

I would, but our AD has stated that he's not interested in 2-1 deals. Although, now that we're a little more financially stable, I wonder if his tune will change.

Aren't Armstrong State students going to pay athletic fees toward GS now? That can't be chump change.
03-21-2018 03:12 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
(03-21-2018 03:08 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  

He wouldn't take $1M for a guarantee game with NC or SC and a home and home? Ask him that versus the misnomer GS fans and your AD continue to use.
03-21-2018 03:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.