Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2018 WAC Transfers
Bookmark and Share
Raider_Lope Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GCU, MTSU
2018 WAC Transfers
We should start a transfer thread so we can track who from which teams are leaving.
03-18-2018 09:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
RE: WAC Teams in Postseason
(03-18-2018 09:11 AM)Raider_Lope Wrote:  We should start a transfer thread so we can track who from which teams are leaving.

You mean guys like Lee Stallworth (UTRGV), Mo Ahmed (UMKC), and Kerwin Smith (GCU)?
03-18-2018 10:22 AM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU
RE: WAC Teams in Postseason
(03-18-2018 10:22 AM)gleadley Wrote:  
(03-18-2018 09:11 AM)Raider_Lope Wrote:  We should start a transfer thread so we can track who from which teams are leaving.

You mean guys like Lee Stallworth (UTRGV), Mo Ahmed (UMKC), and Kerwin Smith (GCU)?

Stallworth is transferring?
03-18-2018 12:07 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
RE: 2018 WAC Transfers
I split these post off the post season thread to discuss transfers.
03-18-2018 12:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

Majerle has cleared his roster over the course of the season...

Kenzo Nudo, Boubacar Toure, Shaq Carr, and Kerwin Smith are all gone. It leaves a lot of room to bolster his roster.
03-18-2018 02:44 PM
Vaqueronation Offline
2nd String

I Root For: utrgv
With Stallworth transferring and the seniors graduating that means there are no more Hipsher recruits left on the roster. He was the last one.
03-18-2018 06:01 PM
Advertisement

gleadley Offline
1st String

(03-18-2018 02:44 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  Majerle has cleared his roster over the course of the season...

Kenzo Nudo, Boubacar Toure, Shaq Carr, and Kerwin Smith are all gone. It leaves a lot of room to bolster his roster.

I don't think the bleeding has stopped yet for GCU roster. Toure's scholarship was pulled last summer along with Matt Jackson's, but Jackson got it back 2nd semester (after Kenzo's departure). By my count, that leaves at least 5 open scholarships. Signing Tim Finke makes it 4. While I'd like to pretend I had any clue about where they go from here, it's really just hard to guess with the deep international recruiting. Nobody around GCU had heard of Lever or Blumbergs until they signed. I'm guessing we'll see a few JUCO and/or grad transfers, with more international sprinkled in.
03-18-2018 09:43 PM
RoosHouse Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UMKC
During coach richardson tenure, there has not been one player to play all four years at umkc. Aleer Leek could be that if he doesn't transfer or get dismissed by team like Martez. Keeping my fingers crossed.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2018 09:52 PM by RoosHouse.)
03-18-2018 09:49 PM
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

(03-18-2018 09:49 PM)RoosHouse Wrote:  During coach richardson tenure, there has not been one player to play all four years at umkc. Aleer Leek could be that if he doesn't transfer or get dismissed by team like Martez. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Looks like UMKC has taken their first big hit of the off-season. According to verbal commits, Isaiah Ross (6'4 195-lbs, So.) is transferring from the Roos. He was UMKC's second leading scorer at 11.3 ppg. I'm not sure why Richardson can't hold his rosters together?
03-22-2018 10:16 PM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

That is huge for UMKC. I think UMKC, UTRGV, Chicago State and CSUB are all going to be very bad next year and the top half of the WAC will probably not be as good as last year with transfers and really key players that have graduated.
03-23-2018 11:36 AM
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

According to Verbal Commits .Com, Fiifi Aidoo is transferring from Grand Canyon. Aidoo was a good players with a lot of potential. I am sure Majerle will find another good guard to replace him but it seems to me Majerle is mismanaging his talent. Very few 4-year players are lasting their full eligibility under his tutelage.
04-06-2018 11:31 PM
Advertisement

gleadley Offline
1st String

This is hardly a "Majerle" issue, as something like 40% of players who entered D1 out of high school transfer by the end of their sophomore year. But for the sake of conversation, let's look at the freshmen Majerle has signed out of high school:

2013-14
Sam Daly
Joshua Braun
Miroslav Jaksic

2014-15
Matt Jackson
De'Andre Davis
Kerwin Smith
Boubacar Toure
Gerard Martin

2015-16
Kenzo Nudo

2016-17
Fiifi Aidoo
Oscar Frayer
Ibrahima Sankare

2017-18
Alessandro Lever
Roberts Blumbergs
Damari Milstead

15 players from 5 different recruiting classes signed out of high school. 10 have either earned a degree or remain on the current GCU roster. 4 tansferred before graduating, and one has quit basketball altogether. Statistically speaking, it looks to me like Majerle is doing just fine, given the current transfer landscape in college basketball.
04-07-2018 12:23 AM
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

(04-07-2018 12:23 AM)gleadley Wrote:  This is hardly a "Majerle" issue, as something like 40% of players who entered D1 out of high school transfer by the end of their sophomore year. But for the sake of conversation, let's look at the freshmen Majerle has signed out of high school:

2013-14
Sam Daly
Joshua Braun
Miroslav Jaksic

2014-15
Matt Jackson
De'Andre Davis
Kerwin Smith
Boubacar Toure
Gerard Martin

2015-16
Kenzo Nudo

2016-17
Fiifi Aidoo
Oscar Frayer
Ibrahima Sankare

2017-18
Alessandro Lever
Roberts Blumbergs
Damari Milstead

15 players from 5 different recruiting classes signed out of high school. 10 have either earned a degree or remain on the current GCU roster. 4 tansferred before graduating, and one has quit basketball altogether. Statistically speaking, it looks to me like Majerle is doing just fine, given the current transfer landscape in college basketball.

Excluding Majerle's initial house clearing when he took the job, you also left out 4-star frosh transfer Dominic Magee. And, although they were not four year players, both Tobe Okafor, and Shaq Carr; two JUCOs quit/left before they finished their 2 years of eligibility. It just seems to me, Majerle likes to play his underclassmen early in their college career (even start them) but as they fail to develop to Majerle's satisfaction, they slide further and further down his bench.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2018 02:41 AM by NMSUPistolPete.)
04-07-2018 12:58 AM
FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU Aggies
This is why GCU will not win the WAC under Dan. GCU isn't going to sign the top five and four stars. It's about player development. Dan can't develop talent. He is used to having the talent. GCU is about to take a fall here soon.
04-07-2018 01:33 AM
ProfScott Offline
Special Teams

(04-07-2018 01:33 AM)FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Wrote:  This is why GCU will not win the WAC under Dan. GCU isn't going to sign the top five and four stars. It's about player development. Dan can't develop talent. He is used to having the talent. GCU is about to take a fall here soon.
Love your ability to be so confident in your proclamations. 04-bow We shall see.
04-07-2018 01:19 PM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
Jake Spurgeon will be transferring from Seattle U. Recruited from Portland by Dollar, he played sparingly as a RS Freshman. Hayford used him off the bench during OOC play but decreased to zero playing time by conference play. Never panned out at SU. He will be a RS Junior and likely will head to D2 or below, maybe JUCO. Opens a scholarship for SU
04-08-2018 08:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
Scott Ulaneo will leave SU as well. Not a surprise either. Showed potential with Dollar but didn't seem to work with Hayford at all.
04-09-2018 02:29 PM
Raider_Lope Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GCU, MTSU
I wonder which GCU guard will leave with Finke coming in. Guessing Aidoo. There’s only so many minutes and you only have so many years of eligibility to show your worth. Fifi didn’t get a lot of minutes this season.
04-09-2018 06:46 PM
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

(04-09-2018 06:46 PM)Raider_Lope Wrote:  I wonder which GCU guard will leave with Finke coming in. Guessing Aidoo. There’s only so many minutes and you only have so many years of eligibility to show your worth. Fifi didn’t get a lot of minutes this season.

I think Fiifi Aidoo had the potential to be a very good guard for GCU if Majerle wasn't so locked into his "pro-styled" offense. The problem is Aidoo is a combo guard; not really a true point guard and not a true shooting guard. He did not fit a specific mold in Majerle's system. Majerle wants a primary ball handler running the team. He also wants all his perimeter players to be able to make three with some consistency. Aidoo needed more development in both areas. However, it did not preclude him from being an effective guard in the WAC...i.e. Daniel Mullings. Mullings could not shoot threes and he was not a point guard. But he could play defense and he could reek havoc in the paint and around the rim. That is the beauty of college basketball; coaches take the specific strengths of his players and devises an offense to those abilities. It is not all pretty and clean like in the NBA. Majerle is striving to build a pro-lite team at the college level. So, a lot of good players don't make the cut.
04-09-2018 10:41 PM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

Fifi was one of the players Majerle constantly trashed in public. Majerle is still a long way from being a good coach. The way he conducts himself in interviews, on the court and even off the court with his players is not professional, and does not motivate people to do better. He is an arrogant egomanic that thinks his persona and reputation is going to have players playing their best cause he is the mighty Dan Majerle. No offense to my GCU brethren on this site but Majerle is a grade A government inspected A-hole.
04-10-2018 08:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.