UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Remember Buffalo
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Remember Buffalo
One of the "nobody" teams UAB lost in overtime to in the early season tournament. They are about to beat Arizona by 23 points.
03-15-2018 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

demiveeman Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk Award
RE: Remember Buffalo
And?
03-15-2018 11:21 PM
ICB Offline
Heisman

Any News on the other 12?
03-15-2018 11:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Maybe we should include that in our commercials for season tickets:

UAB Basketball where moral “victories” over Buffalo happen.
03-16-2018 06:52 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Idk t think anyone is claiming a moral victory. I think the point is that some of these opponent were not as bad as some said. Again. No one is saying this was a great OOC schedule and even the coach said they were working to improve it. We are going back to Memphis, play Auburn at the BJCC, have the Orlando tourney, and there’s was a verbal agreement to play Ole Miss home and home and we will see if Kermit will honor it.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2018 06:59 AM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
03-16-2018 06:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
(03-16-2018 06:57 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Idk t think anyone is claiming a moral victory. I think the point is that some of these opponent were not as bad as some said. Again. No one is saying this was a great OOC schedule and even the coach said they were working to improve it. We are going back to Memphis, play Auburn at the BJCC, have the Orlando tourney, and there’s was a verbal agreement to play Ole Miss home and home and we will see if Kermit will honor it.

That's pretty much what we had scheduled this time last year: At Auburn, Memphis at home and a tournament/vacation. That's a pretty good start on a schedule. The problem is what comes next. After losing Lee and Cokley and adding so many new faces, I will be surprised if the schedule is any tougher than this season.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2018 07:30 AM by BlazerGreen.)
03-16-2018 07:29 AM
Advertisement

randy22263 Offline
1st String

I Root For: uab
Hey Memphis, you forgot to mention the 5 point loss on the road to a #4 seed Auburn.
Looking back, this was actually a terrific season.
03-16-2018 08:08 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
How do you figure we had a terrific season? Looks like you are missing the point. I recall I pointed out that Buffalo was going to win the MAC and be in the dance and was shouted down about how bad they were. I think that was the point. No one is claiming we had a great season and I know plenty of us said we did not meet the program's expectations. I can't find one UAB fan that is happy with this season. I think some don't like him pointing out that one of the opponents some were trashing was better than they thought. MB beat me to it this morning.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2018 08:13 AM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
03-16-2018 08:11 AM
Blazing Saddles Offline
All American

Football season better hurry up and get here before we kill each other.
03-16-2018 09:33 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Yes but hell we had some folks bitching last year after we lost to Ball State saying we won’t Win five games if you remember.
03-16-2018 09:37 AM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

(03-16-2018 07:29 AM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  
(03-16-2018 06:57 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Idk t think anyone is claiming a moral victory. I think the point is that some of these opponent were not as bad as some said. Again. No one is saying this was a great OOC schedule and even the coach said they were working to improve it. We are going back to Memphis, play Auburn at the BJCC, have the Orlando tourney, and there’s was a verbal agreement to play Ole Miss home and home and we will see if Kermit will honor it.

That's pretty much what we had scheduled this time last year: At Auburn, Memphis at home and a tournament/vacation. That's a pretty good start on a schedule. The problem is what comes next. After losing Lee and Cokley and adding so many new faces, I will be surprised if the schedule is any tougher than this season.

Auburn, Memphis, the Orlando Tourney, and Ole Miss (if it holds) are a good start. The problem is the rest of the games. The good part of the schedule doesn't need to be dragged down by playing Alabama A&M, Miss Valley St, Jacksonville, etc in the other games so that when the OOC strength of schedule is looked at in the aggregate it's not impressive.
03-16-2018 09:40 AM
Advertisement

BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(03-16-2018 09:40 AM)hooverblazer Wrote:  Auburn, Memphis, the Orlando Tourney, and Ole Miss (if it holds) are a good start. The problem is the rest of the games. The good part of the schedule doesn't need to be dragged down by playing Alabama A&M, Miss Valley St, Jacksonville, etc in the other games so that when the OOC strength of schedule is looked at in the aggregate it's not impressive.

Naw man, those teams are too challenging... Coach looking for him some more Lemoyne-Owen. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if we are only in negotiations with Ole Miss because he got confused between the University of Mississippi and Mississippi College.
03-16-2018 10:00 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Furthermore Memphis turned out to be better than I and. Lot thought they would be. They were picked ninth in the AAC and finished 5th in a tough AAC.

You haters can continue to trash fans who says anything positive about the team if you wish. But i Will continue to support them and look for positive things.
03-16-2018 10:23 AM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(03-16-2018 09:37 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Yes but hell we had some folks bitching last year after we lost to Ball State saying we won’t Win five games if you remember.

Maybe we've been infected by whatever they've got over there on Empty.org . You couldn't make those boys happy with free beer and new strippers.
03-16-2018 10:36 AM
randy22263 Offline
1st String

I Root For: uab
(03-16-2018 10:36 AM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  
(03-16-2018 09:37 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Yes but hell we had some folks bitching last year after we lost to Ball State saying we won’t Win five games if you remember.

Maybe we've been infected by whatever they've got over there on Empty.org . You couldn't make those boys happy with free beer and new strippers.

Speak for yourself. If you offered those two things at our basketball games we might get more than 3000 to show up for games.03-lmfao
03-16-2018 01:29 PM
TheGORILLA Offline
1st String

Buffalo made 15 three pointers against Arizona.

Arizona made 2 three pointers.

College basketball has become so lopsided with the three pointer that any good team can beat any other good team in a given game, regardless of what time of the year they play or in the NCAA Tournament and they call them all upsets. It has gotten to where in some games, over half of a teams shots from field are three point attempts. I knew years ago when the three point shot was approved that it was going to eventually get like this. Even the thirty second shot clock has changed the entire game. Basketball has become so boring to watch. Heck, a field goal in the paint is much harder to accomplish these days than the three pointer. Why don't they change a made field goal in the paint to three points and change an outside shot to two points. Try that for a few years. Might as well. As for today's scoring scheme of basketball, James Naismith is probably rolling over in his grave. Probably every deceased coach who never coached a minute in their careers when a three point shot or a time clock ever existed are rolling over in their graves, too. I thumbed through the channels watching NCAA Tournament games last night watching teams run up and down the court shooting threes. Oh gosh! How boring! And the same goes for Pro ball. Boooring! Boooring!
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2018 02:59 PM by TheGORILLA.)
03-16-2018 02:57 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

And that nobody Marshall team just advanced.
03-16-2018 03:06 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(03-16-2018 02:57 PM)TheGORILLA Wrote:  Buffalo made 15 three pointers against Arizona.

College basketball has become so lopsided with the three pointer that any good team can beat any other good team in a given game, regardless of what time of the year they play or in the NCAA Tournament and they call them all upsets. It has gotten to where in some games, over half of a teams shots from field are three point attempts. I knew years ago when the three point shot was approved that it was going to eventually get like this. Even the thirty second shot clock has changed the entire game. Basketball has become so boring to watch. Heck, a field goal in the paint is much harder to accomplish these days than the three pointer. Why don't they change a made field goal in the paint to three points and change an outside shot to two points. Try that for a few years. Might as well. As for today's scoring scheme of basketball, James Naismith is probably rolling over in his grave. Probably every deceased coach who never coached a minute in their careers when a three point shot or a time clock ever existed are rolling over in their graves, too. I thumbed through the channels watching NCAA Tournament games last night watching teams run up and down the court shooting threes. Oh gosh! How boring! And the same goes for Pro ball. Boooring! Boooring!

Then thank God for the 3 point shot. Basketball had been dominated by talentless lumbering thugs patrolling the paint for too long. Duke, UNC & Kansas each always had a bench of 6 goons they could rotate through and absorb fouls. At least now if you hit your outside shots you have a gambler's chance.
03-16-2018 03:06 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(03-16-2018 02:57 PM)TheGORILLA Wrote:  Buffalo made 15 three pointers against Arizona.

You are right. I see guys shooting outside the paint at 60% clips all the time. Guys in the paint are lucky to hit 30% of their shots.
03-16-2018 03:58 PM
Shrack Offline
All American

Remember Buffalo
I hate to say it, but I don't see how we win even 16 or 17 games next year if we're lucky considering the past 2 years. I really hope they prove me to be way wrong

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
03-16-2018 05:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.