Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Our slim and bubkis NCAA hopes
TU4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
Our slim and bubkis NCAA hopes
Of course winning the conference tourny, holding on to the four seed is a big deal for that.

Winning vs UCF is a must, but a stumble to Temple probably wouldn't hurt. Then win out to the championship. I think winning the Temple game too we might be able to get to the semi's lose and be bubble. Honestly our best shot is winning till the the championship.

I think our most likely out come is the NIT, a strong finish would probably give us a home game. But even a .500ish finish should get us in.

The conference RPI is really helping us. Big change from the end of the WAC days when every game seemed to hurt us. With Houston, WSU, and Cincy anchoring it and 2/3s of the conference being around 100 or better.
02-20-2018 11:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TU4ever Offline
All American

RE: Our slim and bubkis NCAA hopes
UCF win and OSU beating tech moves us into the 70s rpi. Need the 60s to lock up NIT.

We match up well in every category with Cincy but points allowed. Similar rebounds, points scored, field goal %, not bad in assists. They steal more, block more shots but nothing huge. Their defense though is leaps and bounds ahead of us.
02-21-2018 11:57 PM
Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

(02-21-2018 11:57 PM)TU4ever Wrote:  UCF win and OSU beating tech moves us into the 70s rpi. Need the 60s to lock up NIT.

We match up well in every category with Cincy but points allowed. Similar rebounds, points scored, field goal %, not bad in assists. They steal more, block more shots but nothing huge. Their defense though is leaps and bounds ahead of us.

Hopefully beating ECU doesn't drop us back into the 80's in RPI. I'm guessing if we beat Temple too we should be in the lower 70's high 60's?
02-27-2018 12:48 PM
TU4ever Offline
All American

(02-27-2018 12:48 PM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  
(02-21-2018 11:57 PM)TU4ever Wrote:  UCF win and OSU beating tech moves us into the 70s rpi. Need the 60s to lock up NIT.

Hopefully beating ECU doesn't drop us back into the 80's in RPI. I'm guessing if we beat Temple too we should be in the lower 70's high 60's?

Yeah the little wizard says 71.

We really need these two wins. Otherwise we'll struggle with our rpi getting USF or ecu in the tourny. We win out and we are right there and probably playing Memphis after our buy.

We win against Memphis in what may be a NIT play in game. That'll put us upper 60s.

That stupid loss to Lamar is killing us. Without that we probably are a bubble team going in to the semi's and a win would get us in. As is we need to win the tourny for the NCAA and one or two games for the NIT.

Stupid Lamar
02-27-2018 09:48 PM
All American

(02-27-2018 09:48 PM)TU4ever Wrote:  

We really need these two wins. Otherwise we'll struggle with our rpi getting USF or ecu in the tourny. We win out and we are right there and probably playing Memphis after our buy.

We win against Memphis in what may be a NIT play in game. That'll put us upper 60s.

That stupid loss to Lamar is killing us. Without that we probably are a bubble team going in to the semi's and a win would get us in. As is we need to win the tourny for the NCAA and one or two games for the NIT.

Stupid Lamar

Not the first time we've had a loss like that to start the season under Haith. Although the one was when he was gone when his sister passed away so you can't really blame him for that.
02-28-2018 11:52 AM
TU4ever Offline
All American

(02-28-2018 11:52 AM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  

Stupid Lamar

Not the first time we've had a loss like that to start the season under Haith. Although the one was when he was gone when his sister passed away so you can't really blame him for that.

What hurts is we had a good chance to win it. Either illonois st game would at least give us a shot, but that was on the road and a tourny.

Lamar was at home and we got within 3 with like 5 mins left.

We really seem to have evened out the classes after all the seniors had the numbers looking crazy. My hope is that will smooth us out a lot. Less change will help the start of the season.

Joiner seems to be a solid back up already and should be a great floor general when Taplin graduates and that's a big deal for teams. I expect the other freshman will see korita like mins next year and I like his defense. Korita will be a nice fill in for wheeler. The Etou loss could really have hurt but Igbanu has really elevated his play. Add a strong post this off season and we should be set to do some real damage next year.
02-28-2018 06:44 PM
All American

(02-28-2018 06:44 PM)TU4ever Wrote:  

Stupid Lamar

What hurts is we had a good chance to win it. Either illonois st game would at least give us a shot, but that was on the road and a tourny.

We really seem to have evened out the classes after all the seniors had the numbers looking crazy. My hope is that will smooth us out a lot. Less change will help the start of the season.

Joiner seems to be a solid back up already and should be a great floor general when Taplin graduates and that's a big deal for teams. I expect the other freshman will see korita like mins next year and I like his defense. Korita will be a nice fill in for wheeler. The Etou loss could really have hurt but Igbanu has really elevated his play. Add a strong post this off season and we should be set to do some real damage next year.

I agree, post play is going to be the key to next year. Hopefully Geno Artison can take his play up another step this off season to help with that. Although I'm not sure if he's a true post player or not.

What about forward Jeriah Horne? He's sitting out with the transfer I guess. Could he be the guy to take Etou's spot?
03-01-2018 11:08 AM
TU4ever Offline
All American

(03-01-2018 11:08 AM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  
(02-27-2018 12:48 PM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  Hopefully beating ECU doesn't drop us back into the 80's in RPI. I'm guessing if we beat Temple too we should be in the lower 70's high 60's?

Stupid Lamar

I agree, post play is going to be the key to next year. Hopefully Geno Artison can take his play up another step this off season to help with that. Although I'm not sure if he's a true post player or not.

What about forward Jeriah Horne? He's sitting out with the transfer I guess. Could he be the guy to take Etou's spot?

Artison is really a three but makes a good stretch four.

Don't know about the transfer, but we don't need him to be Etou. I think Igbanu will be our interior scorer and go to guy. We lose the outside game from Etou but I think Igbanu is a better pure post. So what we need is an Igbanu type to be solid early season and grow into a solid second interior option.

We also may go 4 out 1 in which I think is the style Haith prefers. Putting Igbanu in low in the zone, artisan and Jeffries on the wings kroieta and Taplin up top and that is a great long trapping zone. Good shooters on the outside, strong post to dump to, a slasher in Jeffries and Taplin who also sees the floor great.

Joiner in for either Taplin or Larson. Corey for the other guard spot or Jeffries. Jackson getting some minutes aka Joiner now. The transfer and a recruit for Artisan and Igbanu and we actually look really good.
03-01-2018 01:54 PM
TU4ever Offline
All American

Tulsa up to #69 in RPI before Temple game. Steadily moving into nit safe territory. Win vs Temple and first game of the tournament and we should be good.
03-03-2018 11:20 PM
TulsaEye Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa anon
(03-03-2018 11:20 PM)TU4ever Wrote:  Tulsa up to #69 in RPI before Temple game. Steadily moving into nit safe territory. Win vs Temple and first game of the tournament and we should be good.

Tulsa needs at least 2 more wins to be safe for NIT my opinion, take it for what its worth. If Tulsa loses to Temple. Tulsa will be on shaky ground for the NIT. Tulsa would then have to win at least two in the conference tournament.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2018 04:18 AM by TulsaEye.)
03-04-2018 04:16 AM
TU4ever Offline
All American

(03-04-2018 04:16 AM)TulsaEye Wrote:  
(03-03-2018 11:20 PM)TU4ever Wrote:  Tulsa up to #69 in RPI before Temple game. Steadily moving into nit safe territory. Win vs Temple and first game of the tournament and we should be good.

Tulsa needs at least 2 more wins to be safe for NIT my opinion, take it for what its worth. If Tulsa loses to Temple. Tulsa will be on shaky ground for the NIT. Tulsa would then have to win at least two in the conference tournament.

I'd say that's pretty on the money.

We could maybe get on the bubble winning out to the championship game, but it won't be enough. So we have to win the conference tournament to go dancing.

A post season will be big help to set us up for a good run next year.
03-04-2018 11:21 AM
TU4ever Offline
All American

And we have a 2 page thread.

The little victories are the sweetest lol
03-04-2018 11:22 AM
Nevadanatural Offline
1st String

I expect Joiner to take over Henderson’s slot at SG next year. Horne is the same type of player as Etou but I think it would be a bit much to expect that kind of production early. I would expect him to be more like Etou’s junior year. If Hewitt can adjust to D-1 ball fairly quickly and provide that rim protector/rebounder that we were missing when Magnay left then I think we’ll be better and possibly an NCAA team next season.
03-04-2018 01:30 PM
TulsaEye Offline
1st String

(03-04-2018 11:21 AM)TU4ever Wrote:  

We could maybe get on the bubble winning out to the championship game, but it won't be enough. So we have to win the conference tournament to go dancing.

Ok one down and one more to go for the NIT. If Tulsa sneaks into the conf tourny finals, TU might even sneak into the Dance. Would be low seed but at this point anything is better than nothing.
03-04-2018 05:41 PM
TU4ever Offline
All American

(03-04-2018 05:41 PM)TulsaEye Wrote:  
(03-04-2018 11:21 AM)TU4ever Wrote:  

Ok one down and one more to go for the NIT. If Tulsa sneaks into the conf tourny finals, TU might even sneak into the Dance. Would be low seed but at this point anything is better than nothing.

Amen, we need some help, like a k state big xii title Lamar winning their crap conference as well.

Still would be nice. I am liking how the bracket is working out. Win the next one is what counts though.
03-04-2018 06:22 PM
TulsaEye Offline
1st String

Agreed Tulsa has a favorable bracket at least for the first game. Just take care of business. Also Joiner has a lot to learn to become a point at the college level yet. Then Taplin looked like he was trying to give the game away toward the end of the game. Haith pulled him out for a few mins so he could get his head on straight.
03-05-2018 06:27 AM
TU4ever Offline
All American

Tcb is the motto right now.

I'm not too worried about joiner, he is coming along nicely and we should probably expect a little of the freshman to show up still. Overall though his defense and ball handling have been solid.

Not sure why he and Taplin struggled so much vs Temple especially in the second half. Maybe the overall length of Temple? Sometimes it seemed like TU players believed they were far enough away only to have Temple grab the ball.

We need that to be a one off to make a tournament run.
03-05-2018 11:03 AM
Gmoney4WW Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-01-2018 01:54 PM)TU4ever Wrote:  
(03-01-2018 11:08 AM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  
(02-27-2018 09:48 PM)TU4ever Wrote:  Yeah the little wizard says 71.

Stupid Lamar

Artison is really a three but makes a good stretch four.

Don't know about the transfer, but we don't need him to be Etou. I think Igbanu will be our interior scorer and go to guy. We lose the outside game from Etou but I think Igbanu is a better pure post. So what we need is an Igbanu type to be solid early season and grow into a solid second interior option.

We also may go 4 out 1 in which I think is the style Haith prefers. Putting Igbanu in low in the zone, artisan and Jeffries on the wings kroieta and Taplin up top and that is a great long trapping zone. Good shooters on the outside, strong post to dump to, a slasher in Jeffries and Taplin who also sees the floor great.

Joiner in for either Taplin or Larson. Corey for the other guard spot or Jeffries. Jackson getting some minutes aka Joiner now. The transfer and a recruit for Artisan and Igbanu and we actually look really good.
Horne looked pretty decent in preseason practices, I expect he is much better by now. Igbanu and Jeffries will step up. We're still working on getting a replacement for Magnay.(last recruit) Hewitt and Artison will contribute. I don't think we're going to have a problem with big men next year. In fact it could be our most complete set of big men yet under Haith. We have three big men contributing with a small contribution from Artison. We'll likely have four contributing with one or two small contributions from subs. We go from 4 to likely 6 eligible. I don't think we've had six eligible uninjured bigs in a long time.(Don't count non contributors like Blondy or Big E.) Hewitt and the recruits we are going after for the last spot seem like they won't be a complete flop, or project. There is one transfer we're looking at though, so that would drop it down to 5 eligible, but the odds are we won't get the transfer.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2018 12:52 AM by Gmoney4WW.)
03-06-2018 12:49 AM
TU4ever Offline
All American

K state TCU going to overtime. K state win would help.

We're up to #71 RPI need upper 50s for the nit 45 for the ncaa
03-08-2018 02:33 PM
TU4ever Offline
All American

Kansas St wins in overtime. Will hopefully play KU minus the jayhawks starting center tomorrow. Nearing a quad 1 win for us. Lots of bubble teams losing, which can only be a good thing for a team like Tulsa.
03-08-2018 03:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.