Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Towson #2 - Eagles Post-Parade Game
Bookmark and Share
J.B. Offline

I Root For: Drexel
Towson #2 - Eagles Post-Parade Game
I'm going to start this thread by continuing with a point that DrachenFire made on another thread.

I'm expecting that the parade will wrap up around 5:00 or so before it gets dark, and about 2 million people are going to be figuring out a way to get home. The Art Museum is just about mile away from the DAC. This would be a great opportunity to get some fans into the DAC who don't want to have to deal with the post-parade insanity getting home.

It would be great if Drexel's marketing department could market the game as such. Maybe offer a BOGO ticket offer to anybody wearing Eagles gear. But I guess this is wishful thinking and I'll expect the typical 700 people at tomorrow's game.
02-06-2018 07:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MedicSBK Offline
Bench Warmer

RE: Towson #2 - Eagles Post-Parade Game
The bigger concern should be getting regular fans who don't live in the city INTO the DAC. If that cannot be accomplished then you might see less than usual attendance.
02-06-2018 08:48 AM
J.B. Offline

(02-06-2018 08:48 AM)MedicSBK Wrote:  The bigger concern should be getting regular fans who don't live in the city INTO the DAC. If that cannot be accomplished then you might see less than usual attendance.

For me personally, I live in the western suburbs and I'm not concerned. Traffic is usually terrible during rush hour anyway, and I actually thing it will be lighter than usual going into the city at that time. 76 to Girard Avenue should be a fine for me.
02-06-2018 09:05 AM
MedicSBK Offline
Bench Warmer

Let's not forget though that Drexel's campus is walking distance to the Museum of Art. Let's hope Drexel does a good job of policing the garage for the DAC.
02-06-2018 09:50 AM
J.B. Offline

(02-06-2018 09:50 AM)MedicSBK Wrote:  Let's not forget though that Drexel's campus is walking distance to the Museum of Art. Let's hope Drexel does a good job of policing the garage for the DAC.

Ah, REALLY good point. But I think that the parade will be ending well before the game, so hopefully that won't be a problem. I was checking to see if Drexel would even be open tomorrow given it's close proximity to center city.
02-06-2018 10:05 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

You guys are really fooling yourself if you think there will be a boost in attendance after the parade. I would be shocked if even 0.1% of people attending that parade even know who Drexel is, yet alone the campus is right next door and even crazier that they have a basketball game that evening. After the parade everyone is going to continue celebrating and drinking and being their normal selves. I actually agree with Medic that it very likely is even lower attendance because our normal fans will be attending said parade and forget there was even a game going on.
02-06-2018 10:10 AM
Advertisement

Spearsie Offline
Water Engineer

Yes there is a parade. No, not one extra person will be at the DAC because of it. I believe the boys will take care of business Drexel 85 Towson 81
02-06-2018 11:03 AM
DrachenFire Offline
2nd String

It's too bad the Flyers have a home game Thursday night, else we'd be the only game in town, and any marketer worth their salt would try to push something like this:

The school is closed, athletics should be posting on social media about the game using the #EaglesParade hashtag for visibility offering up parking in the garage with the purchase of a ticket to the game.
02-06-2018 12:31 PM
J.B. Offline

We just got an e-mail that Drexel is offering complementary additional tickets for season ticket holders.
02-06-2018 01:25 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

As far as the game goes, this is just a bad matchup for us. Physical teams will give us major fits. This is a game I would almost hope we play a zone for 40 minutes to try and protect Stretch. If Stretch fouls out or gets into foul trouble it will go south very quickly.
02-06-2018 01:55 PM
Timer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: CAA
(02-06-2018 08:48 AM)MedicSBK Wrote:  The bigger concern should be getting regular fans who don't live in the city INTO the DAC. If that cannot be accomplished then you might see less than usual attendance.

...or game day officials... How to get from 10th & Walnut to 34th & Market....and where to park Thursday.
02-06-2018 07:12 PM
Advertisement

Timer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: CAA
(02-06-2018 10:05 AM)J.B. Wrote:  
(02-06-2018 09:50 AM)MedicSBK Wrote:  Let's not forget though that Drexel's campus is walking distance to the Museum of Art. Let's hope Drexel does a good job of policing the garage for the DAC.

Ah, REALLY good point. But I think that the parade will be ending well before the game, so hopefully that won't be a problem. I was checking to see if Drexel would even be open tomorrow given it's close proximity to center city.

Drexel classes are cancelled.
02-06-2018 07:14 PM
hiroshimacarp Offline
1st String

interesting turn around game for us. they beat us by 20 down there but probably should've won by 50. same scenario with w/m and we beat them in part 2...on the road. game at towson was called incredibly tight that took out any size we have. i never like to use officiating as an excuse and still think we would've lost with a more free flowing game. it still will be interesting to see how far we've come in the last few weeks.
02-06-2018 07:34 PM
Water Boy Offline
2nd String

Though I wouldn't blame the officiating for the first Towson game, I think us being in foul trouble played a part. The preferred line-up of Lee-Isabell-Mojica-Demir-Williams outscored Towson 18-7. Unfortunately that lineup was only on the floor together for 8 minutes and Towson outscored us 83 - 50 in the other 32 minutes.

There has been a lot of improvement since that game I am hopeful we can pull out a win. Espn and rpi-forcast (which uses Sagarin) not so much giving us 25% and 29% chances to win. I don't know exactly what they were before the win streak but I don't think they've moved to much. It will be interesting to see the Vegas lines, I would think they will predict something close.

Towson is down a player since we played them last as Cincinnati transfer Deshaun Mormon left the team. He didn't start, but was an important contributor off the bench.
02-06-2018 08:25 PM
DrachenFire Offline
2nd String

(02-06-2018 07:12 PM)Timer Wrote:  

...or game day officials... How to get from 10th & Walnut to 34th & Market....and where to park Thursday.

[Image: starman.png]

This isn't you heading to the game?
02-07-2018 08:17 AM
J.B. Offline

Drexel went beyond my marketing idea and is offering free tickets to anybody in Eagles gear. I don't think it will make much of a difference, but it might get a few extra people in the DAC if they market it well enough. It's a great option for people who don't want to fight the crowds trying to get home from the parade.
02-07-2018 08:52 AM
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

Towson is a 4 point favorite. I like our momentum and hated the matchup of W&M and Towson. They came through against the Tribe. I am hopeful for tonight but not particularly confident.

Towson- 84
Drexel- 69
02-08-2018 09:18 AM
J.B. Offline

Not sure if anything tonight can top Jason Kelce's Championship speech.

The parade and the ceremonies ended early enough that it shouldn't be a problem getting down to the DAC tonight.

Since we're all on such a high today after that incredible Super Bowl and Parade, I'm not ready for a letdown yet.....
Drexel 85
Towson 75
02-08-2018 03:32 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

39-37 lead at half. Some nice passes and nice backdoor cuts. Demir and Tramaine looked good. Towson shot 57% to our 50%. Nice to lead despite that. We out rebounded them by 2. Need to lock down on defense some. Overall a good half
02-08-2018 07:56 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

After getting up by 18 we went cold and still didnt play defense. We are headed to OT. Late game situations were not good. Missed some FT's but we didnt put up any stops whatsoever including and and 1 on the rebound of a bad 3 point shot. We took a bad 3 point attempt at the end. Hopefully we change it up in OT if we want to win
02-08-2018 08:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.