WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NFL combine
ColinApocalypse Offline

I Root For: WMU
NFL combine
Jarvion Franklin received his invitation.
02-01-2018 04:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
RE: NFL combine
...and accepted.

Excited for him!
02-01-2018 04:43 PM
Wmufan715 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Wmu
I assume Chukes and DP already got invites? Darius’ 40 will blow teams away
02-01-2018 04:57 PM
Wheres_Waldo? Offline
Special Teams

couldn't be more happy for him. Sounds like a great person and he appears to have worked his butt off as a Bronco. Wish him nothing but the best in everything he does.
02-01-2018 05:13 PM
tayle's mullet Offline
1st String

Looks like Donnie Ernsberger is also headed to the Combine. Four Broncos!!!
02-06-2018 12:57 PM
tayle's mullet Offline
1st String

So we've got four of the nine MAC participants and more than UM and MSU.
02-06-2018 01:21 PM
Advertisement

okgc Offline
Heisman

02-06-2018 04:30 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

Doesn’t even include guys like Wyatt Pfeifer (who signed with an agent too), Derek Mitchell, Robert Spillane, and Asantay Brown.

Tons of top-level talent leaving.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 06:26 AM by Hoekjeness.)
02-07-2018 06:25 AM
Doo Offline
1st String

Alright I'll be the guy to say it.....

We have as many NFL Combine participants as league wins last year.
02-07-2018 07:48 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(02-07-2018 07:48 AM)Doo Wrote:  Alright I'll be the guy to say it.....

We have as many NFL Combine participants as league wins last year.

Hopefully we send twice as many particpants next year! Will be quite a feat for such a young team.
02-07-2018 10:12 AM
Wmufan715 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Wmu
Hiller I don’t see 8 NFL players on next year’s team. Aside from Keenoy and Beal, not any big talent. Bogan is too small.

And only Alabama sends 8. Sending 4 is really really good for a team that went 6-6. I thought Spillane would be on the fence. Seems his decision last spring hurt him in that he never rebounded to what he was as a junior.
02-07-2018 10:51 AM
Advertisement

tayle's mullet Offline
1st String

Bogan isn't too small, unless you think Kareem Hunt is too small. He is injury prone though and needs to play a full season this year to have a good shot at the next level.
02-07-2018 12:49 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

Kareem Hunt is 5'11" 200

Bogan is 5'7" 192

Bogan is a solid running back, but he's too small, too injury prone and doesn't have the breakaway speed to play in the NFL.
02-07-2018 01:47 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(02-07-2018 10:51 AM)Wmufan715 Wrote:  Hiller I don’t see 8 NFL players on next year’s team. Aside from Keenoy and Beal, not any big talent. Bogan is too small.

And only Alabama sends 8. Sending 4 is really really good for a team that went 6-6. I thought Spillane would be on the fence. Seems his decision last spring hurt him in that he never rebounded to what he was as a junior.

They are inviting these players because they know, mostly by what they saw prior to this past season, that they have NFL talent. As others have said, we have great players who are leaving and arent getting a combine shot. The 2017 team that Lester inherited was perhaps the most talented in school history. 2016 team might be slightly better, but perhaps not. Unfortunately, the 2017 team is also the most underachieving team ever.
02-07-2018 02:15 PM
RunningGame Offline
All American

(02-07-2018 02:15 PM)brovol Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 10:51 AM)Wmufan715 Wrote:  Hiller I don’t see 8 NFL players on next year’s team. Aside from Keenoy and Beal, not any big talent. Bogan is too small.

They are inviting these players because they know, mostly by what they saw prior to this past season, that they have NFL talent. As others have said, we have great players who are leaving and arent getting a combine shot. The 2017 team that Lester inherited was perhaps the most talented in school history. 2016 team might be slightly better, but perhaps not. Unfortunately, the 2017 team is also the most underachieving team ever.

It's a team sport, Brovol, not an average of talent. The 2011 Colts were as talented at the 2010 Colts or the 2012 Colts, except for one key position...
02-07-2018 02:54 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(02-07-2018 02:54 PM)RunningGame Wrote:  

It's a team sport, Brovol, not an average of talent. The 2011 Colts were as talented at the 2010 Colts or the 2012 Colts, except for one key position...
My point exactly. Even great players will lose in football against less talented players if not playing well as a team; players and coaches included. But with good coaching, great players become a great team, and win lots of games.

We had great players; but not a good team. Coaching is critical in college football. Planning, teaching, preparing, game decisions, recruiting, dealing with issues on and off the field (including injuries which will always happen throughout the course of a season), and motivation, are all huge in determining which team wins on a Saturday afternoon.

So, I couldnt agree with you more RunningGame.
02-07-2018 03:57 PM
Advertisement

RunningGame Offline
All American

(02-07-2018 03:57 PM)brovol Wrote:  

My point exactly. Even great players will lose in football against less talented players if not playing well as a team; players and coaches included. But with good coaching, great players become a great team, and win lots of games.

We had great players; but not a good team. Coaching is critical in college football. Planning, teaching, preparing, game decisions, recruiting, dealing with issues on and off the field (including injuries which will always happen throughout the course of a season), and motivation, are all huge in determining which team wins on a Saturday afternoon.

You know that wasn't my point.

My point was that every position needs to be playing at a high level to have a great team. The team is as strong as the weakest link, and last year an entire phase of the game was our weak link before the injuries piled up. The 2013 Bronco squad was a year of extreme underachievement from your perspective given the coaching and talent present on the team. How many current NFL players? Four? However, it had a lot of youth and a ton of injuries as well, and sometimes you need to row through muddy water to become the ELITE nekton you were meant to be.

If we're going to beat this dead bronco some more, let's keep it straight.
02-07-2018 04:39 PM
RunningGame Offline
All American

(02-07-2018 04:39 PM)RunningGame Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 03:57 PM)brovol Wrote:  

You know that wasn't my point.

My point was that every position needs to be playing at a high level to have a great team. The team is as strong as the weakest link, and last year an entire phase of the game was our weak link before the injuries piled up. The 2013 Bronco squad was a year of extreme underachievement from your perspective given the coaching and talent present on the team. How many current NFL players? Four? However, it had a lot of youth and a ton of injuries as well, and sometimes you need to row through muddy water to become the ELITE nekton you were meant to be.

If we're going to beat this dead bronco some more, let's keep it straight.

Pardon me, that's 7 current NFL players, counting Darius Phillips...
02-07-2018 04:42 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

Come to think of it... none of these 8 guys mentioned (Ernsberger, Chukes, Jarvion, Phillips, Pfeifer, Mitchell, Asantay, Spillane) missed much (if any?) time due to injury last season... yet that red herring still somehow exists... <sigh>
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 08:12 PM by Hoekjeness.)
02-07-2018 08:12 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-07-2018 08:12 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  Come to think of it... none of these 8 guys mentioned (Ernsberger, Chukes, Jarvion, Phillips, Pfeifer, Mitchell, Asantay, Spillane) missed much (if any?) time due to injury last season... yet that red herring still somehow exists... <sigh>

Jarvion had to take over for the entire backfield half way through the season... The fact that the only backup we had down the stretch was a converted WR indicates an injury situation... Franklin stepped up and battled ... but you could definitely tell it took a toll down the stretch... he wasn't the same going into the Toledo game...
02-07-2018 08:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.