before last nights games- Lunardi now going bi-weekly Mon/Thu

Nova 1 East vs FSU/RI @ Pittsburgh
Marquette 10 East vs Arkansas, Texas Tech in Dallas
Seton Hall 4 West vs Murray St, Arizona in San Diego
Creighton 7 West vs Syracuse, Oklahoma in Wichita
Providence 11 MW PIG vs Maryland, Gonzaga, Kansas in Wichita
Butler 9 MW vs ND, Purdue in Detroit
Xavier 3 South vs W&M, Ohio St/Boise in Nashville

Providence last team in tourney.(beat Butler last night)
Marquette either 9th or 10th team in tourney.(beat DePaul last night)

kind of guessing Butler and Marquette would swap after last night.
01-16-2018 11:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bogg Offline
All American

I Root For: UConn
RE: 1/15 Bracketology
Don't think things will break perfectly to get 7 in the tourney again, but 6 has a good shot and would be a good outcome for the conference.
01-16-2018 12:45 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
Yeah, 7 would be really hard. I mean right now KP has a pretty good scenario on it- but even there, I think Providence at 18-13 would be really tenuous at best. Right now, 5-5 vs tier 1 and 2 games. BUT in those 10- only 2-3 road/neutral there. I think for them to make it- they would need a road win from the group of Nova, Seton Hall, Marquette, Butler, or Xavier.

Butler right now is projected at 9-9 as well. Right now 4-7 tier 1/2 games. Of those 11- only 1-6 road neutral. They may really need a road win at Marquette, Nova, or Seton Hall.
01-16-2018 12:56 PM
Advertisement

GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
6 seems to be a safe bet at this point. We are definitely looking at stronger seeds than last year though.
01-16-2018 03:40 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
If standings are what KP has- Butler and Providence(especially) would be really iffy. It won't take much at all to push either one of those out right now. Marquette seems safer, but them too can't lose many unexpected games and feel safe.

as to stronger seeds than last year-
1/3/4/7/9/10/11(PIG) this year projected 6.43 avg
1/4/6/9/10/11/11(PIG) last year 7.43 avg
a bit better. But instead of only 2 in the 7-10 mix(which sucks for rd 2 playing 1-2 seed) 3 this year. really only 2 big improvements seed wise- 4 to a 3 and 6 to a 4(and they are big). The 9 to 7 isn't a big help, and the 10 to 9 and 11 to 10 improvements are actually bad for advancing far. So 3 of the 5 seed improvements actually hurt- especially the 10 to a 9 and 11 to a 10.
01-16-2018 04:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.