Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The loudest voices do not represent the majority
Bookmark and Share
thefaU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: FloridaAtlantic
The loudest voices do not represent the majority
I'm saddened by some of the Florida Atlantic fans on here who show no humility. I just wanted to say it's not representative of me nor the majority of our fanbase. Yes, we had a great season this year - but that doesn't entitle us to anything except for the title of reigning champions for a year. If you've been a longtime Owl supporter like myself, you'd be much more appreciative of the great season we had (this is only our 3rd FBS winning season, by the way.)

I'm also saddened by some of the other fans on here who initiate and engage in these conversations, but like the thread subject states, I know that these loudest voices do not represent the majority.

P.S. I won't be replying to trolls on this thread.
12-28-2017 02:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

odu09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: The loudest voices do not represent the majority
Goes for every fanbase, really. Every base has its trolls and morons. ODU is no different - some on here post things that make me shake my head in sadness. We all recognize some of the best fans we have to offer might not post on here at all.
12-28-2017 02:25 PM
Ragu Offline
All American

I Root For: FAU/FSU
(12-28-2017 02:15 PM)thefaU Wrote:  I'm saddened by some of the Florida Atlantic fans on here who show no humility. I just wanted to say it's not representative of me nor the majority of our fanbase. Yes, we had a great season this year - but that doesn't entitle us to anything except for the title of reigning champions for a year. If you've been a longtime Owl supporter like myself, you'd be much more appreciative of the great season we had (this is only our 3rd FBS winning season, by the way.)

I'm also saddened by some of the other fans on here who initiate and engage in these conversations, but like the thread subject states, I know that these loudest voices do not represent the majority.

P.S. I won't be replying to trolls on this thread.

I've only responded to people who act like fau doesn't belong and talk down the school. So if you're coming at me with that then save it

Also this is a call out thread. By definition belongs on the smack board
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2017 02:45 PM by Ragu.)
12-28-2017 02:45 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
Good post thefaU. Good luck next season.
12-28-2017 02:52 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

(12-28-2017 02:25 PM)odu09 Wrote:  Goes for every fanbase, really. Every base has its trolls and morons. ODU is no different - some on here post things that make me shake my head in sadness. We all recognize some of the best fans we have to offer might not post on here at all.

We all got them and they all seem to have more time on their hands than the more reserved fans.
12-28-2017 02:54 PM
Ragu Offline
All American

(12-28-2017 02:54 PM)pilot172000 Wrote:  
(12-28-2017 02:25 PM)odu09 Wrote:  Goes for every fanbase, really. Every base has its trolls and morons. ODU is no different - some on here post things that make me shake my head in sadness. We all recognize some of the best fans we have to offer might not post on here at all.

We all got them and they all seem to have more time on their hands than the more reserved fans.

I was responding to one of yours. And you shouldn't post like you are above anything. You resorted to name calling with me and falsely called me a bigot. So stop acting like you have any moral high ground
12-28-2017 02:56 PM
Advertisement

mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

meh, you guys got a long way to go to claim the CSNBBS CUSA Board 'Look at Me' Trophy.
12-28-2017 03:00 PM
ODUMONARCHZ1 Offline
Heisman

(12-28-2017 02:56 PM)Ragu Wrote:  

I was responding to one of yours. And you shouldn't post like you are above anything. You resorted to name calling with me and falsely called me a bigot. So stop acting like you have any moral high ground
What's your problem? No one even came at you. Put the target on yourself when you werent even brought up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using CSNbbs mobile app
12-28-2017 03:12 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech

How about YOU ALL stop acting like you have the moral high ground? Since joining CUSA in 2013, we've seen several schools win CUSA football championships, but I've never seen one as ungracious, unhumble and as arrogant as I have the very few FAU fans here, especially Ragu. Ragu, totally unprovoked, drew first blood by talking terrible about the "old schools" like "USM and LA Tech", our "hillbilly towns", etc... He talked about how FAU OWNS CUSA now, and how FAU has surpassed USM and Tech in only 6 years, blah, blah, blah.

All this from a school who has less fans that we do, and only one successful year of football in its complete history. 01-wingedeagle So I reminded him that there's always next year to defend.

If you're going to be a champion, at least act like one. This isn't the pre-fight buildup to a boxing match.

And to the guy who started this thread, unless you are totally blind deaf and dumb combined, I don't need to tell you everything FAU fans have said since winning the CUSA title to provoke this. You can read it for yourself.

I have an idea: How about let's send FAU's fans to CHARM SCHOOL so you guys can be a respected CUSA champion? 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2017 03:24 PM by HogDawg.)
12-28-2017 03:16 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys

To be fair, you did go a bit off the deep end recently. And you said that South Florida is better than all of those "hillbilly" towns that the other schools are in. That's not exactly what I would call being super nice.
12-28-2017 03:18 PM
Ragu Offline
All American

(12-28-2017 03:12 PM)ODUMONARCHZ1 Wrote:  

What's your problem? No one even came at you. Put the target on yourself when you werent even brought up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using CSNbbs mobile app

Because he's responding like he's above it and didn't do anything. And the original poster can't show me times where I unprovoked attacked anyone But I'll defend my school against anyone on here. He made this whole thread right after a thread I debated people in for moves
12-28-2017 03:24 PM
Advertisement

Ragu Offline
All American

(12-28-2017 03:16 PM)HogDawg Wrote:  

How about YOU ALL stop acting like you have the moral high ground? Since joining CUSA in 2013, we've seen several schools win CUSA football championships, but I've never seen one as ungracious, unhumble and as arrogant as I have the very few FAU fans here, especially Ragu. Ragu, totally unprovoked, drew first blood by talking terrible about the "old schools" like "USM and LA Tech", our "hillbilly towns", etc... He talked about how FAU OWNS CUSA now, and how FAU has surpassed USM and Tech in only 6 years, blah, blah, blah.

All this from a school who has less fans that we do, and only one successful year of football in its complete history. 01-wingedeagle So I reminded him that there's always next year to defend.

If you're going to be a champion, at least act like one. This isn't the pre-fight buildup to a boxing match.

And to the guy who started this thread, unless you are totally blind deaf and dumb combined, I don't need to tell you everything FAU fans have said since winning the CUSA title to provoke this. You can read it for yourself.

I have an idea: How about let's send FAU's fans to CHARM SCHOOL so you guys can be a respected CUSA champion? 04-cheers

Oh bs. You slammed fau many times before I came back at you. I specifically said no schools in this conference are above others. Anyone who wants to read can check the later pages on the smack board. Clearing up things cuz this guy is the ultimate troll
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2017 03:27 PM by Ragu.)
12-28-2017 03:25 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(12-28-2017 03:25 PM)Ragu Wrote:  
(12-28-2017 03:16 PM)HogDawg Wrote:  

Oh bs. You slammed fau many times before I came back at you. I specifically said no schools in this conference are above others. Anyone who wants to read can check the later pages on the smack board. Clearing up things cuz this guy is the ultimate troll

Charm School App just for Ragu. 04-cheers

http://www.wendieswonders.net/CharmSchool.htm
12-28-2017 03:28 PM
Ragu Offline
All American

(12-28-2017 03:18 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  

To be fair, you did go a bit off the deep end recently. And you said that South Florida is better than all of those "hillbilly" towns that the other schools are in. That's not exactly what I would call being super nice.

I said there's more to do than in a podunk town. Not same as saying it's way better. And the hog guy started that. Along with dawgx whatever from la Tech who starts stuff all the time
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2017 03:29 PM by Ragu.)
12-28-2017 03:29 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(12-28-2017 03:29 PM)Ragu Wrote:  
(12-28-2017 03:18 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  

I said there's more to do than in a podunk town. Not same as saying it's way better. And the hog guy started that. Along with dawgx whatever from la Tech who starts stuff all the time

ok
12-28-2017 03:36 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

You are a bigot and you are a douche. Those are facts. Stop saying moral high ground like you even know what that is. I didn't even bring you up in this thread. I felt this was a "Cool Down" Thread where everybody basically admits that we all have zealots and that its a good conference with everyone in it.
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2017 03:39 PM by pilot172000.)
12-28-2017 03:36 PM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Confirms it, FAU takes home worst fan base message board award this season...Was close between ODU and FAU, but FAU wins it in a landslide to end year...Weird because I remember hardly any posts from FAU fans the last several years until they started winning some football games in October...
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2017 03:39 PM by WKUFan518.)
12-28-2017 03:39 PM
Ragu Offline
All American

(12-28-2017 03:36 PM)pilot172000 Wrote:  

You are a bigot and you are a douche. Those are facts. Stop saying moral high ground like you even know what that is. I didn't even bring you up in this thread. I felt this was a "Cool Down" Thread where everybody basically admits that we all have zealots and that its a good conference with everyone in it.

Again you don't know the definition of a bigot. Lack of education it seems Very misinformed.
12-28-2017 03:44 PM
Ragu Offline
All American

(12-28-2017 03:39 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Confirms it, FAU takes home worst fan base message board award this season...Was close between ODU and FAU, but FAU wins it in a landslide to end year...Weird because I remember hardly any posts from FAU fans the last several years until they started winning some football games in October...

Did you read these threads in recent days? Point me out one time where I started anything

It's always the usm and la Tech fans starting things. And damn right I'll defend my school
12-28-2017 03:45 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
Here's my opinion.....

don't talk **** about programs when they are down if you don't want to hear it when they win.

FAU fans and FIU took so much **** about location and losing and about support to the tune of being called out in just about every thread that deals with why this conference is ******.

Some of you now need to just take some of the same **** you gave out and shut up about..."acting like you won before"

Sure the hillbilly comment was over the top. I've been to every city in this conference but UTEP and can find good and bad things about each. As far as Ruston LA ....can't get no better than to have a fan say, "good people". Like most small cities there's not a lot to do. But I enjoy myself on the Ruston trip other than the losing part. Boca is not my cup of tea but being so close to great beaches and warm weather in the winter makes it worth it. But make no mistake about it...Boca or Ft Lauderdale or most parts of S. Fla. is different cities west of 95 and east of 95. Actually 3 different types of cities because once you go east of US-1 you get a different type of people. Hattiesburg, Mississippi is about like BG Ky in 1990 country folks going about living and there is nothing wrong with that. BTW hillbillies and flatlanders are different types of people . Very few people I saw and interacted with in Ruston or Hattiesburg, would be what I call "hillbillies". If you like big city life you want like small town CUSA. But lets not go confusing BOCA with the "big city" tag. It's far from it and to me it's about like people in BG going to Nashville or people in Ruston or Hattiesburg, going to New Orleans.....people in Boca go to Miami to get the true "big city experience"

Some people might disagree with that but that's my opinion after visiting most of CUSA a few times. Myself I get along better with those people that are just living their life and not too worried about what's happening down the road. Country folks. Others have their own opinions.

But as for FAU fans beating their chest and taking up for where they live.....

it's no different than any other fanbase after winning. Especially if you had to come on this board and read a new thread (just about every week) how the "F_U's were the reason for just about every problem in this conference. Dont want them spreading their wings and talking ****.....beat them.

All of this crap about when the coach leaves.....that's ALL OF US, when we win. It's never about who's coaching but who the replacement will be. That's why I say enjoy a winning coach no matter how long he stays. And hope like hell he brought someone in that can take over. Honestly....that's the real key.

So I finish by saying suck it up. FAU fans crow loud because you actually do deserve to be able to do just that after the beating you took from most of these people. Hell most of those are the same ones that say....

"we all have fans like that"

They are just too full of **** to see it. Hell you have one Tech fan that never showed his face just about all season. Then Tech wins their 6th game and he wont shut the hell up. No it's not Dawg...win or lose they usually show up
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2017 04:09 PM by WKUYG.)
12-28-2017 04:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.