Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

James Madison University vs NDSU
Bookmark and Share
Dukester Offline

I Root For: JMU
James Madison University vs NDSU
Clash of the Titans

Not sure I don't feel more confident against NDSU than I did yesterday versus SDS.

The Best Program in FCS versus bisons.
12-17-2017 05:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
RE: James Madison University vs NDSU
Me too.

I feel great about this matchup. It’s hilarious reading the comments from bison fans and how we’ve evidently just played 26 straight games against teams playing their absolute worst games ever.

Last night sdsu had their worst game in a half century. It had nothing to do with us. But reality was, that was a massacre given by a better team. It’s fortunate for them it wasn’t a bigger margin.

I said it last year, and I’ll say it again. Stick does not impress me. And after his super soft charmin road to this game, he’ll be in for a surprise when he starts getting beat on like that poor kid yesterday. I expect at least 3 picks coming our way.

I hear to we have a soft underbelly and can be run all over. Hmmmm. That sounds like the same thing I heard last year. How’d that end up? Sdsu had some success because we had to honor the passing game. Stick can’t throw. We will leave our five all American secondary guys to take care of them, and everyone else will be just fine on that run game that is going to supposedly run over us like a herd of buffalo.

Dukes will win this game.
12-17-2017 06:18 AM
McDowell Duke Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Dukes
Stop the run. Run defense was a weakness last night. Coach knows and he will work to correct it.
12-17-2017 06:36 AM
jmu007 Offline
All American

(12-17-2017 06:36 AM)McDowell Duke Wrote:  Stop the run. Run defense was a weakness last night. Coach knows and he will work to correct it.

Defense had a lot on their plate last night. Letting the run plays get a little was most likely just a product of paying more attention to SDSU's passing game.

Have confidence the defense will adjust and gameplan accordingly for NDSU.
12-17-2017 08:02 AM
JMUNation Offline
All American

We all heard about the greatness of the MVC. I have said in many a post that the CAA is right there with them. The big difference is that the Dukes are far better than the rest of the CAA. Why do NDSU fans think their team is superior this year when JMU beat them in their dome last year with JMU having an inferior team compared to this years team? If JMU can shut down SDSUs offense, it stands to reason they can do the same to NDSU.

If the same defense that played last night and all season long before that shows up in Frisco, it won’t be much of a game. That was one focused effort.
12-17-2017 08:13 AM
jmuroadwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU albany
(12-17-2017 06:18 AM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  Me too.

I feel great about this matchup. It’s hilarious reading the comments from bison fans and how we’ve evidently just played 26 straight games against teams playing their absolute worst games ever.

Last night sdsu had their worst game in a half century. It had nothing to do with us. But reality was, that was a massacre given by a better team. It’s fortunate for them it wasn’t a bigger margin.

I said it last year, and I’ll say it again. Stick does not impress me. And after his super soft charmin road to this game, he’ll be in for a surprise when he starts getting beat on like that poor kid yesterday. I expect at least 3 picks coming our way.

I hear to we have a soft underbelly and can be run all over. Hmmmm. That sounds like the same thing I heard last year. How’d that end up? Sdsu had some success because we had to honor the passing game. Stick can’t throw. We will leave our five all American secondary guys to take care of them, and everyone else will be just fine on that run game that is going to supposedly run over us like a herd of buffalo.

The one thing that I can't get over is the guys that trolled the superiority of the MVC, top to bottom, better than anything on this earth, now say that we played a soft team. HUH?
12-17-2017 08:16 AM
Advertisement

JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-17-2017 08:16 AM)jmuroadwarrior Wrote:  

The one thing that I can't get over is the guys that trolled the superiority of the MVC, top to bottom, better than anything on this earth, now say that we played a soft team. HUH?

Bison fans had been hoping and praying SDSU would pull out a win. They were rejoicing at how easy their bracket was, and how we had to face all the tough teams.

They might talk trash sometimes, but deep down they are afraid they will be beaten two years in a row by one of those weak CAA teams ... all that talk is just a way to convince themselves they are superior. The jeolously oozed out when they saw us get CGD again this year. Their era has come to an end.
12-17-2017 08:25 AM
Dukes of Holland Offline
Water Engineer

I think most NDSU fans are realistic enough to acknowledge we are for real, but have pivoted to saying the rest of our conference is **** and we havent played anyone and have padded our schedule. Basically that other than the NDSU game last year we didnt beat anyone. (No, YSU didnt count because they barely beat wofford and needed a miracle catch to beat ewu. Their words not mine)

Honestly, I shrug it off and deep down I think SDSU (hopefully just their fans, but maybe also their players) thought after stomping UNH, "how good could this CAA team really be"

Who knows, maybe this was Houston's masterplan. Eek out CAA wins so teams underestimate us, and then shock them in the playoffs.
12-17-2017 09:04 AM
McDowell Duke Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Dukes
Look for the Dukes to go FBS after this season, especially after a win against NDSU.
12-17-2017 09:13 AM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-17-2017 09:13 AM)McDowell Duke Wrote:  Look for the Dukes to go FBS after this season, especially after a win against NDSU.

Would love to be FBS, but this isn’t the thread for that, and I don’t think “it works that way”

There’s a 20,000 post thread on this topic already, this thread should stay focused on a certain game coming up on January 6.
12-17-2017 09:19 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

I've been saying FIFTEEN AND OH, BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! since last spring. No need to change now.

Gonna pick up tickets for the Drexel-Lady Dukes game scheduled at the Convo for Sunday, Jan. 7, with expectation the Dukes will be there to show off some hardware...again.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukes!
12-17-2017 09:31 AM
Advertisement

TheDuke Offline
2nd String

I really dont understand any of NDSUs trash talk. We beat them last year at their beloved Fargo dome (that espn likes to always remind us is louder than woodchipper in a garage, stupid decibel reader). And this year we dismantled a team that soundly beat them. These Bizn talking about us not playing real teams are delusional.
12-17-2017 09:39 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-17-2017 09:39 AM)TheDuke Wrote:  I really dont understand any of NDSUs trash talk. We beat them last year at their beloved Fargo dome (that espn likes to always remind us is louder than woodchipper in a garage, stupid decibel reader). And this year we dismantled a team that soundly beat them. These Bizn talking about us not playing real teams are delusional.

Don't sweat it. They know they've got 3 more weeks to talk and then once 2pmCT on January 6th arrives, they can go back into hibernation mode for another 11 months.

The more they talk, the more stupid they look and more motivation we get (though we don't really need it). Let 'em talk. I just hope JMU folks stay off their board acting superior and making the JMU Family look equally bad. Act like we've been there before...which, we have and will continue to do.

Best sign in the stadium last night...

Houston + 10 Year Contract = Dynasty

...or something like that. Kudos to whichever bright student put that together.
12-17-2017 09:50 AM
Top Dawg Offline
Special Teams

(12-17-2017 08:25 AM)JMURocks Wrote:  
(12-17-2017 08:16 AM)jmuroadwarrior Wrote:  

Bison fans had been hoping and praying SDSU would pull out a win. They were rejoicing at how easy their bracket was, and how we had to face all the tough teams.

They might talk trash sometimes, but deep down they are afraid they will be beaten two years in a row by one of those weak CAA teams ... all that talk is just a way to convince themselves they are superior. The jeolously oozed out when they saw us get CGD again this year. Their era has come to an end.

According to our radio guys after the game, it wasn't just the bizon fans. They said that it was documented last week that the NDSU coach contacted the SDSU coach with some observations he had on the dukes and tips on how to beat us!
12-17-2017 10:04 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-17-2017 10:04 AM)Top Dawg Wrote:  According to our radio guys after the game, it wasn't just the bizon fans. They said that it was documented last week that the NDSU coach contacted the SDSU coach with some observations he had on the dukes and tips on how to beat us!

Ha ha. Yep. That really helped didn't it?

03-lmfao
12-17-2017 10:06 AM
Dukester Offline

NDSU fans keep talking about revenge benefiting them, I guess much like revenge SHSU benefited them. 03-lmfao

How about how the "revenge" and "target" benefited our conference this year.

Revenge - how dare us have a better team or program?

Funny thing is knowing Mike Houston, I could imagine part of his pregame locker room pep talk is him saying - "They are saying they will take revenge on us today because we beat them last year, ......" He'll turn it around so their revenge will be part of his motivational speech which will certainly also include lack of respect.

Another argument of NDSU (that I partially agree with) is we have not played the MVS schedule. To that I agree we would not of had nearly as good shot of going undefeated this year if we were in the MVC. BUT - I will say JMU has beaten the top 3 in the MVC the last two years. All were double digit wins, and even won at NDSU.

Finally when was the last time someone beat NDSU twice in a row? When's the last time someone beat NDSU in the FargoConvo?

I think it's a great match up. To be honest I would not be surprised if either team won close or by a large amount.

If I were NDSU I would pound the ball at least 75% of the time against us.

It should be a great game... I think we win, but as I said little would surprise me.
12-17-2017 10:35 AM
Advertisement

Dukester Offline

(12-17-2017 10:06 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  
(12-17-2017 10:04 AM)Top Dawg Wrote:  According to our radio guys after the game, it wasn't just the bizon fans. They said that it was documented last week that the NDSU coach contacted the SDSU coach with some observations he had on the dukes and tips on how to beat us!

Ha ha. Yep. That really helped didn't it?

03-lmfao

I'll bet the difference for us this week was the help from UNH. 04-cheers

There is so much video available to coaches these days. Assistance from other teams do not provide much benefit scouting wise.
12-17-2017 10:38 AM
Birdman33 Offline
Bench Warmer

The North Dakota State Bison may be returning to the FCS title game, but they'll likely be without three key players after injuries suffered in their semifinal victory Friday.

Coach Chris Klieman confirmed on 970 WDAY in Fargo on Saturday that junior cornerbacks Jalen Allison and Jaylaan Wimbush suffered knee injuries in the semifinal, and sophomore running back Ty Brooks dislocated his shoulder.
12-17-2017 10:43 AM
PGJMU2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Dukes
(12-17-2017 10:43 AM)Birdman33 Wrote:  The North Dakota State Bison may be returning to the FCS title game, but they'll likely be without three key players after injuries suffered in their semifinal victory Friday.

Coach Chris Klieman confirmed on 970 WDAY in Fargo on Saturday that junior cornerbacks Jalen Allison and Jaylaan Wimbush suffered knee injuries in the semifinal, and sophomore running back Ty Brooks dislocated his shoulder.

The way Alls, Stapleton, Eldridge and Hyman are playing, NDSU should be very concerned having lost to their top two CBs.
12-17-2017 11:11 AM
Purple Offline
Heisman

Bison fans are OK. Those who say they aren't concerned about this game are full of it. Likewise, anyone on our board not concerned about this game is talking nonsense. I GUARANTEE you Mike Houston is concerned about this game, as is every JMU player. They didn't get here and take us with them by discounting any team.

My reply to one of those bravado posts on their board....

So, that's all we did was win the title last year, like by the skin of our teeth, right?

Are you listening to yourself, man?

That is silly. Remember, we had to go through the Fargodome to get to Frisco last year. If our championship last year is meaningless, what does that say about the Bison?

Furthermore, NDSU is #2 (don't get excited, no double meaning there) and they will remain that way until they remove the zero from JMU's "L" column. Good luck with that. Twenty-six teams in two years have tried, including the Bison.

"It is kinda great they win a title last year and all of the sudden there is no team on earth that can beat them." I don't know who is saying that. My guess is no one. NDSU can beat us. SDSU could have beaten us on the right day. That day just wasn't yesterday. Weber could have beaten us and damned near did (it's that fourth quarter you should be paying attention to. We found something there on the surface and deep down inside that, well, I will leave it there).

True fans of the game know who the Bison are and we know that you are damned good.

Now, if you would like to cease with the disingenuous "I ain't skeered" bravado and swap legitimate concerns, I'm all in, but I don't think anyone at JMU really has that attitude. You will see at Frisco. We are really cool folks.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2017 11:13 AM by Purple.)
12-17-2017 11:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.