Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2018 OC & QB
Bookmark and Share
EagleTough Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
2018 OC & QB
Just a hunch, but I'm guessing Keen is back as OC next year. Creighton is loyal, EMU has a limited budget, and the offense will be a clean slate next year. This year they were locked into an experienced Senior starter, with an inexperienced OL, and the offense was basically going to mirror the QB's arm.

As most have hinted, Creighton/Keen (lot's of D1 programs) would prefer a dual-threat type scheme/QB combo to put more pressure on defenses. Last night we quickly saw glimpses of what this offense might look like with a legit zone read run threat from the QB.

Excited to see how the QB competition plays out. Stiebeling showed last night, at a minimum, that he is a legit backup that can win a game if called upon. I'm sure he'll be working hard on his pass game to give himself the best shot at winning the job. Glass and Hutchinson will bring other skills to the table.

Grissom is the wild card. If he has a decent arm, and can throw with some accuracy, next year could get exciting. He would kill the MAC with his legs, and allow Keen to get creative and put a lot of pressure on opposing DC's.
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2017 01:04 PM by EagleTough.)
11-22-2017 01:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dansplaining Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU - DCFC
RE: 2018 OC & QB
I'm thinking we see a lot of rushing records go down next year in terms of team attempts, yards, and touch downs
11-22-2017 01:27 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(11-22-2017 01:02 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  Just a hunch, but I'm guessing Keen is back as OC next year. Creighton is loyal, EMU has a limited budget, and the offense will be a clean slate next year. This year they were locked into an experienced Senior starter, with an inexperienced OL, and the offense was basically going to mirror the QB's arm.

As most have hinted, Creighton/Keen (lot's of D1 programs) would prefer a dual-threat type scheme/QB combo to put more pressure on defenses. Last night we quickly saw glimpses of what this offense might look like with a legit zone read run threat from the QB.

Excited to see how the QB competition plays out. Stiebeling showed last night, at a minimum, that he is a legit backup that can win a game if called upon. I'm sure he'll be working hard on his pass game to give himself the best shot at winning the job. Glass and Hutchinson will bring other skills to the table.

Grissom is the wild card. If he has a decent arm, and can throw with some accuracy, next year could get exciting. He would kill the MAC with his legs, and allow Keen to get creative and put a lot of pressure on opposing DC's.

I like Jackson as a dual threat as well
11-22-2017 07:26 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(11-22-2017 07:26 PM)emu79 Wrote:  
(11-22-2017 01:02 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  Just a hunch, but I'm guessing Keen is back as OC next year. Creighton is loyal, EMU has a limited budget, and the offense will be a clean slate next year. This year they were locked into an experienced Senior starter, with an inexperienced OL, and the offense was basically going to mirror the QB's arm.

Jackson at Cass Tech?

I think he had a subpar year at Cass Tech.
11-22-2017 08:21 PM
HuronRob Offline
Special Teams

I have absolutely no problem with Keen returning as OC if we get to see more of what we saw last night.
11-22-2017 08:37 PM
Advertisement

EagleTough Offline
All American

(11-22-2017 08:21 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(11-22-2017 07:26 PM)emu79 Wrote:  

Jackson at Cass Tech?

I think he had a subpar year at Cass Tech.

Not sure Jackson's future is starting EMU QB. Might be other creative ways to get him involved.
11-22-2017 08:50 PM
Lefty One Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Minnesota
Bet RPO will be installed for EMU. Sweeping the nation.
11-22-2017 09:44 PM
ljmhurons Offline
1st String

I Root For: emu
(11-22-2017 08:37 PM)HuronRob Wrote:  

I have absolutely no problem with Keen returning as OC if we get to see more of what we saw last night.

That was a terrible run D that BG had.
11-23-2017 01:38 AM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(11-23-2017 01:38 AM)ljmhurons Wrote:  
(11-22-2017 08:37 PM)HuronRob Wrote:  

That was a terrible run D that BG had.

Very true. BUT, I will say it seemed like the OLine got gradually better as the year went along. Leatiota was out as well, so more and more guys got reps, which is great for next year. 1 more year in the weight room, 1 more year together, 1 more year with the same coach, hopeful for next year. Add Sow to the mix, and the OLine should go from this year's main concern, to a strength for next year. Overall stayed pretty healthy along the OLine which is a good sign as well. Partially luck, but I think our Strength & Conditioning staff does a good job with these guys preparing their bodies for the rigors of a full season. A lot of other teams in the MAC were really beat up with injuries this year, and we stayed healthy for the most part, again.
11-24-2017 11:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.