Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

National Anthem
Bookmark and Share
HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Huskies
National Anthem
Should the National Anthem even be played at football games?

Eliminate all of the controversy by scrapping it?

What does it have to do with football?

The NFL is not a government agency so what does the National Anthem have to do with it?

Should the NCAA stop playing the National Anthem?
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017 07:46 AM by HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN.)
09-25-2017 07:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
RE: National Anthem
I vote that we ban the NFL because I find it offensive.
09-25-2017 11:13 AM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

Playing the National Anthem is supposed to be a unifying force, whereby by the home team and their fans, the visiting team and their fans, officials, administrators, grounds crew and everyone else bands together to show that everyone is ultimately on the same team when it comes to love of country. There was a time when fights and riots could be suspended by the playing of the National Anthem. Unfortunately those days are now in the past, as a bunch of SJW prima donna's have decided that the anthem should be all about them and their stupid politics and screw everyone else - especially those who risked their lives to fight for the flag!

Look at me! It is all about me!

Ironically, they claim to be doing this for the sake of "unity". Unity among who?
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017 11:30 PM by Huskie_Jon.)
09-25-2017 11:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(09-25-2017 07:43 AM)HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Wrote:  Should the National Anthem even be played at football games?

Eliminate all of the controversy by scrapping it?

What does it have to do with football?

The NFL is not a government agency so what does the National Anthem have to do with it?

Should the NCAA stop playing the National Anthem?

There are still a good deal of people, the majority of people that love this country. I don't give a damn about the people who hate the country that are offended about the national anthem. Anyone who hates this country should leave the country. I hope you were not serious about eliminating the anthem because of a group of whiny b***es.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2017 01:45 AM by MaddDawgz02.)
09-26-2017 01:45 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Somehow, I don't see the NFL players protesting their salaries. I guess it's only good to love this country for the salaries they are making. I watched my last NFL game last Sunday. They can stick their cute little protests up their collective arses.
09-26-2017 07:45 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
I'd like to see the following solution put in place.

If you are not going to stand and respect the National Anthem as a paid member of the NFL or any other business collecting a paycheck from the game at the game, then you are welcome to stay in the locker room or retreat to a non-public place to reflect as you please. If you're in view of the paying public or a camera, you will stand.
09-26-2017 12:54 PM
Advertisement

pantone1935 Offline
All American

I Root For: huskies
(09-26-2017 12:54 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  I'd like to see the following solution put in place.

If you are not going to stand and respect the National Anthem as a paid member of the NFL or any other business collecting a paycheck from the game at the game, then you are welcome to stay in the locker room or retreat to a non-public place to reflect as you please. If you're in view of the paying public or a camera, you will stand.

Why? This was all started by a divisive "potus" to deflect criticism from his inept administration. I served in Vietnam and I am proud the NFL players have stood up to this snake oil salesman in the white house. Please save this country from this A**wipe. Yeah he is a "real patriot" but was he serving with me in nam? No he had a bad foot or whatever.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-26-2017 04:45 PM
HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Offline
All American

(09-26-2017 04:45 PM)pantone1935 Wrote:  
(09-26-2017 12:54 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  I'd like to see the following solution put in place.

Why? This was all started by a divisive "potus" to deflect criticism from his inept administration. I served in Vietnam and I am proud the NFL players have stood up to this snake oil salesman in the white house. Please save this country from this A**wipe. Yeah he is a "real patriot" but was he serving with me in nam? No he had a bad foot or whatever.

I thought he had his own personal Vietnam by not catching a VD.
09-26-2017 04:59 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
National Anthem

You want to protest the President? Fine. They should protest in Washington and do it in front of the White House if they want. There are many civil ways to protest. But, do not disrespect the flag and National Anthem that are national symbols that most people hold dear. I can't believe I'm telling a veteran this.
09-26-2017 05:47 PM
NIU17 Offline
All American

(09-26-2017 05:47 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

You want to protest the President? Fine. They should protest in Washington and do it in front of the White House if they want. There are many civil ways to protest. But, do not disrespect the flag and National Anthem that are national symbols that most people hold dear. I can't believe I'm telling a veteran this.

http://www.businessinsider.com/dale-hans...oys-2017-9
09-26-2017 07:11 PM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES

Well my dad served in Vietnam also and he thinks these players are buttwipes so there. And he likes Trump.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2017 07:16 PM by prairiedawg.)
09-26-2017 07:16 PM
Advertisement

PrideinthePack2 Offline
Special Teams

As far as the reason they are protesting...

Any decent human being is against police brutality and racism.

The thing is the public doesn't know what police brutality looks like. Most use of force is ugly and can easily be called excessive to the untrained eye.

As far as racism, everything is considered racist nowadays.
09-26-2017 09:05 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

Why?

Because I am looking for a solution that might just satisfy most logical parties.

My father has a Purple Heart from Vietnam and he's absolutely livid about these protests during the National Anthem.
09-27-2017 08:21 AM
pantone1935 Offline
All American

I Root For: huskies
(09-27-2017 08:21 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  

Why?

Because I am looking for a solution that might just satisfy most logical parties.

My father has a Purple Heart from Vietnam and he's absolutely livid about these protests during the National Anthem.

Protests are two sided. The nfl players just feel this is their best road to inform the most people of their concerns. My problem with the National Anthem is people (fans) who continue to talk, drink, watch their phones and have no clue where the flag is. In the old days everyone knew the words and most sang along. Today hardly anyone sings along.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-27-2017 10:02 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
If the media didn't talk about it, few people would even notice they're doing it.
09-27-2017 03:18 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(09-26-2017 09:05 PM)PrideinthePack2 Wrote:  As far as the reason they are protesting...

Any decent human being is against police brutality and racism.

The thing is the public doesn't know what police brutality looks like. Most use of force is ugly and can easily be called excessive to the untrained eye.

As far as racism, everything is considered racist nowadays.

Then protest police brutality (which is highly isolated), don't give the middle finger to the military that puts their lives on the line for us.

Should the NFL take a knee for domestic violence? We know there are quite a few players who beat their wives, shouldn't we do something about that? Im guessing not all players beat their wives but some do, would it be overgeneralizing to say the NFL is a wife-beater league? Probably. Is it overgeneralizing to say we live in a bigoted country because a few cops have abused their authority? Probably.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2017 04:41 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
09-27-2017 04:41 PM
Advertisement

Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

The kneelers and all of those who support them are just a bunch of racists who have a problem with our country having a white president. After all, anyone who objected to anything our previous president did was accused of being a racist, so that must apply to those who criticize our current President too.

You say the kneelers do not even mention our President's race? Of course not. Kneeling is a "dog whistle". Listen closely, and you can tell what they are really saying, and it is racist.
09-27-2017 04:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(09-27-2017 03:18 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  If the media didn't talk about it, few people would even notice they're doing it.

Thats probably a good point, but it fits the mainstream media narrative of trying to get people to hate the country. It fits into their political narrative/agenda.
09-27-2017 07:04 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(09-27-2017 10:02 AM)pantone1935 Wrote:  

Why?

Protests are two sided. The nfl players just feel this is their best road to inform the most people of their concerns. My problem with the National Anthem is people (fans) who continue to talk, drink, watch their phones and have no clue where the flag is. In the old days everyone knew the words and most sang along. Today hardly anyone sings along.

Id bet half to 75% of those players have no idea why they are even kneeling, other than they are hoping it gives them that 15 mins of social media fame. I would not blame them for not knowing because kneeling and disrespecting the flag/military has no correlation to isolated police brutality. How about that England game where those idiots knelt for the US anthem, and stood for the England one. Stay over there, please. Such idiots.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2017 07:07 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
09-27-2017 07:06 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(09-27-2017 07:06 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(09-27-2017 10:02 AM)pantone1935 Wrote:  

Why?

Id bet half to 75% of those players have no idea why they are even kneeling, other than they are hoping it gives them that 15 mins of social media fame. I would not blame them for not knowing because kneeling and disrespecting the flag/military has no correlation to isolated police brutality. How about that England game where those idiots knelt for the US anthem, and stood for the England one. Stay over there, please. Such idiots.

Some of the victims of the "isolated" police brutality are no longer alive to do any protesting. If you have 50 or so players protesting out of a country of over 300,000,000 people, that is at least as "isolated" and certainly not out of proportion. Do you really have to be the victim of racism yourself in order to believe that such a thing happens?
09-27-2017 07:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.