Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fallwell, Jr Calls Out C-USA And The Belt For Bigotry
Bookmark and Share
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Fallwell, Jr Calls Out C-USA And The Belt For Bigotry
Just a couple of quotes from the article... click this link to read in its entirety:

Quote:Liberty University chancellor Jerry Falwell Jr. leaves no doubt about where he stands on most issues. He's outspokenly conservative, ardently Pro-Life and a dedicated supporter of President Trump.

So perhaps it shouldn't have come as a surprise that he expressed a pretty sharp opinion on the recent revelation that Conference USA turned down a $24 million offer from Liberty last fall to join the league.

I broke the story in a column that ran in The Virginian-Pilot on Sept. 8.

Falwell Tweeted a link to my story with the following comment: "Few bigoted U pres big on diversity & inclusion (except 4 conservatives) vetoed LU from Sun Belt, CUSA. It backfired... "

SNIP!!!

Quote:"... An interesting aside: You can draw the inference from Falwell's Tweet that Liberty made the same $24 million offer to the Sun Belt Conference, which also turned down the Flames. If true, it's a startling revelation. ..."

He also goes on to point out all of the MANY private schools have held membership in C-USA... interesting read in the middle of the week anyway.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2017 08:16 PM by airtroop.)
09-19-2017 08:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
RE: Fallwell, Jr Calls Out C-USA And The Belt For Bigotry
The difference is none of those schools involved a Fallwell
09-19-2017 08:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
09-19-2017 08:24 PM
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(09-19-2017 08:24 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

04-cheers
09-19-2017 08:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doberman1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: StAte
Name calling probably won't help his cause much.
09-19-2017 08:44 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
I still don't understand why they think 1-11 will be a good thing.
09-19-2017 08:46 PM
Advertisement

NotANewbie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tennesse, NMSU
(09-19-2017 08:44 PM)doberman1 Wrote:  Name calling probably won't help his cause much.

I think he is just channeling his hero.
09-19-2017 09:07 PM
T-Dog Offline
SunBeltbbs App State INsider

He showed his ass by putting the safety of his female on-campus students at risk by hiring Ian McCaw.
09-19-2017 09:11 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
He says he's being discriminated against by our seemingly "liberal" universities because he's conservative. You can't use discrimination in admission standards, use school profits to fund lobbyists, AND be play the victim card. There's a difference between being a conservative and being an @$$hole. Falwell is the latter.
09-19-2017 09:26 PM
rokamortis Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal
It didn't backfire, those schools / conferences still aren't affiliated with Liberty. Liberty was able to get what they wanted and didn't have to buy their way into a conference. Seems like a win / win to me.
09-19-2017 09:45 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(09-19-2017 08:15 PM)airtroop Wrote:  Just a couple of quotes from the article... click this link to read in its entirety:

Quote:Liberty University chancellor Jerry Falwell Jr. leaves no doubt about where he stands on most issues. He's outspokenly conservative, ardently Pro-Life and a dedicated supporter of President Trump.

So perhaps it shouldn't have come as a surprise that he expressed a pretty sharp opinion on the recent revelation that Conference USA turned down a $24 million offer from Liberty last fall to join the league.

Falwell Tweeted a link to my story with the following comment: "Few bigoted U pres big on diversity & inclusion (except 4 conservatives) vetoed LU from Sun Belt, CUSA. It backfired... "

SNIP!!!

Quote:"... An interesting aside: You can draw the inference from Falwell's Tweet that Liberty made the same $24 million offer to the Sun Belt Conference, which also turned down the Flames. If true, it's a startling revelation. ..."

He also goes on to point out all of the MANY private schools have held membership in C-USA... interesting read in the middle of the week anyway.
Should rely start a league with Devry and University Of Phoenix

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
09-19-2017 11:01 PM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

(09-19-2017 08:18 PM)slycat Wrote:  The difference is none of those schools involved a Fallwell
I am sure most didn't have a giant online business they used as an ATM machine either.

09-19-2017 11:02 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(09-19-2017 09:26 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  He says he's being discriminated against by our seemingly "liberal" universities because he's conservative. You can't use discrimination in admission standards, use school profits to fund lobbyists, AND be play the victim card. There's a difference between being a conservative and being an @$$hole. Falwell is the latter.
I have really bad news for him. Division one Athletics Conferences discriminate. They are under no duty to invite anyone and it's a beauty pageant. In addition the decisions end up being made by life long academics. Cultural fit is a real thing. And Liberty fits nowhere with anyone in FBS.

09-19-2017 11:05 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(09-19-2017 08:15 PM)airtroop Wrote:  Just a couple of quotes from the article... click this link to read in its entirety:

SNIP!!!

Sorry Jerry, you might live in Jerrys world in Lynchburg VA. That's a great place for Liberty "Lynchburg", its something I'm sure he wouldn't mind seeing come back. But others already in a conference don't need you to pay to play since we seem to already own the game and are playing quite will without a snot nosed egotistical right winged propaganda outfit you call a university. You can't call yourself a university when you teach creationism as a science class and force students to attend regular brainwashing meetings once a week.

Also isn't bribery a crime, that's what he attempted to do with both CUSA and The Sun Belt. Why did he stop there, why not try for the ACC, B12 or even SEC. Or B10 for that matter.
09-19-2017 11:58 PM
BRtransplant Offline
1st String

I Root For: La Tech
The reason I am not for adding Liberty to CUSA at this time is that CUSA doesn't need to add ANYBODY right now (neither does the Sun Belt). It has nothing to do with discrimination due to religion or politics as far as I personally am concerned. I do agree with Falwell in that Liberty seems to be the target of levels of animosity not usually shown to other religion based schools. Notre Dame, Holy Cross, Baylor, TCU, SMU, etc., all seem to coexist with the heathen institutions. Why is everybody so dead against Liberty's religious views when they're seeming OK with those of Catholics, Baptists, Methodists, and independent Christians?
09-20-2017 05:20 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

Liberty calling these conferences bigots is like many groups today calling someone racist when they begin losing an argument. Pointing this out would really piss Junior off.
09-20-2017 07:06 AM
Advertisement

SENOREIDA Offline
1st String

I Root For: Coastal
How bigoted do you have to be, to be called a bigot by a bigot?
09-20-2017 07:19 AM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
Considering the accusation by Fallwell Jr against the SBC.. I'm good with letting this thread go beyond the usual bounds of SBC Conference talk.

09-20-2017 07:28 AM
runamuck Offline
All American

I Root For: uta
(09-20-2017 05:20 AM)BRtransplant Wrote:  The reason I am not for adding Liberty to CUSA at this time is that CUSA doesn't need to add ANYBODY right now (neither does the Sun Belt). It has nothing to do with discrimination due to religion or politics as far as I personally am concerned. I do agree with Falwell in that Liberty seems to be the target of levels of animosity not usually shown to other religion based schools. Notre Dame, Holy Cross, Baylor, TCU, SMU, etc., all seem to coexist with the heathen institutions. Why is everybody so dead against Liberty's religious views when they're seeming OK with those of Catholics, Baptists, Methodists, and independent Christians?

Liberty is just at the point where schools like baylor and tcu were not that long ago when only the most devout kids went there and they had a very strict culture..no dancing or partying for example. they realized they were going to have to change their ways to get the most talented kids which more often than not were the inner city types whose lifestyles didnt mesh with the culture of those school at the time. when I was in college, I didnt know a single person that went to any of those schools that wasnt pretty religious plus they were and still are very expensive. I imagine liberty will eventually mellow out and be just like every place else.
09-20-2017 07:50 AM
FoUTASportscaster Online
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
(09-20-2017 05:20 AM)BRtransplant Wrote:  The reason I am not for adding Liberty to CUSA at this time is that CUSA doesn't need to add ANYBODY right now (neither does the Sun Belt). It has nothing to do with discrimination due to religion or politics as far as I personally am concerned. I do agree with Falwell in that Liberty seems to be the target of levels of animosity not usually shown to other religion based schools. Notre Dame, Holy Cross, Baylor, TCU, SMU, etc., all seem to coexist with the heathen institutions. Why is everybody so dead against Liberty's religious views when they're seeming OK with those of Catholics, Baptists, Methodists, and independent Christians?

Those schools don't openly and proudly do what Liberty does.
09-20-2017 08:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.