Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB Recruiting
Bookmark and Share
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
WBB Recruiting
I know this was in the WBB Schedule thread, but I think we need a separate thread for these.

Eleanore Marciczewski, 5'11 G out of St.-Julie, Quebec, commits to JMU. Maybe our first Canadian ever?
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2022 09:35 AM by Deez Nuts.)
09-19-2017 11:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LovethoseDukes Online
1st String

I Root For: JMU of course!
RE: WBB Recruiting/Signees
Nope. Andrea Benvenuto, who played guard from 2003-2007, was from Ancaster, Ontario. Great player to watch. She was part of that fabulous freshman class that included Meredith Alexis, Lesley Dickenson, Shirley McCall and Shameena Felix.
09-19-2017 12:17 PM
dukesfan4010 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: JMU
(09-19-2017 12:17 PM)LovethoseDukes Wrote:  Nope. Andrea Benvenuto, who played guard from 2003-2007, was from Ancaster, Ontario. Great player to watch. She was part of that fabulous freshman class that included Meredith Alexis, Lesley Dickenson, Shirley McCall and Shameena Felix.

Best class ever.

This might be the first year since then that we don't have that "Go-To" player.

We had Meredith, Tamera, Dawn, Kirby, then Gwathmey, Mickens, and Precious.

Unfortunately don't see anyone near the level of those players on this years roster, although Cooper Williams is a very nice young talent, along with Kamiah.

"Team" basketball will be at an all-time high this year. Everything by committee.
09-19-2017 12:47 PM
bjk3047 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU DUKES.
I'm really kind of hoping to see committee basketball for the first time in forever. Living by the volume shooter works well enough when the shooter's on. But man is it ugly when the shooter's off.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2017 02:22 PM by bjk3047.)
09-19-2017 02:22 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

In looking at the roster for the upcoming season I am thinking that we will see a number of the players in the 8-12 PPG range which allows for a nice balanced attack and not have to depend on one shooter. Should make for a great team effort. Also the front court for the coming year looks to be fairly big so we should have a good rebounding team also I would think.

Looking forward to the start of the season.

Brian
09-19-2017 02:37 PM
LovethoseDukes Online
1st String

I Root For: JMU of course!
At the Crown Club Picnic Sunday and on the MASN half-time interview on Saturday (will someone please prep that announcer better in the future??? He was horrid....but I digress....) Coach O alluded to emphasizing more teamwork and spreading the scoring around this season. I think any number of the team this year are capable of 10 or more points each and a few will probably be in the 15-20 ppg range. Everything I heard on Sunday from the team told me they are excited and ready to start and I know I am certainly excited for the season to start. Get your season tickets now!!!
09-19-2017 03:08 PM
Advertisement

orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

Big Grin RE: WBB Recruiting/Signees
(09-19-2017 12:17 PM)LovethoseDukes Wrote:  Nope. Andrea Benvenuto, who played guard from 2003-2007, was from Ancaster, Ontario. Great player to watch. She was part of that fabulous freshman class that included Meredith Alexis, Lesley Dickenson, Shirley McCall and Shameena Felix.

Before I got here. I was still hanging out in TBA then
09-19-2017 03:32 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-19-2017 12:47 PM)dukesfan4010 Wrote:  

Best class ever.

Unfortunately don't see anyone near the level of those players on this years roster, although Cooper Williams is a very nice young talent, along with Kamiah.

"Team" basketball will be at an all-time high this year. Everything by committee.

I'm not sure I would call Gwathmey and Mickens "Go-To" players. It is my personal opinion they only took it when the "Go-To" wasn't an option. Only an opinion and I do understand why they could be grouped with the others.
09-19-2017 04:32 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

BJK3047 will be VERY happy if we don't have a volume shooter this year!
09-19-2017 04:56 PM
dukesfan4010 Offline
2nd String

(09-19-2017 04:32 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  

Best class ever.

I'm not sure I would call Gwathmey and Mickens "Go-To" players. It is my personal opinion they only took it when the "Go-To" wasn't an option. Only an opinion and I do understand why they could be grouped with the others.

18.5 shots per game her senior year, that's why I grouped her hat way. If you needed a bucket, that's where they went IMO. Mickens was more of the floor general (prob a top 3 point guard in JMU history) but I'm not sure who is going to fill that role this year either

Will be interesting!
09-19-2017 05:57 PM
jmuroadwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU albany
(09-19-2017 05:57 PM)dukesfan4010 Wrote:  
(09-19-2017 04:32 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  

Best class ever.

18.5 shots per game her senior year, that's why I grouped her hat way. If you needed a bucket, that's where they went IMO. Mickens was more of the floor general (prob a top 3 point guard in JMU history) but I'm not sure who is going to fill that role this year either

Will be interesting!
Gwathmey was the "Go-To" her senior year.
09-19-2017 06:32 PM
Advertisement

bjk3047 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU DUKES.
(09-19-2017 04:56 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  BJK3047 will be VERY happy if we don't have a volume shooter this year!

I'll be happy if it means the best shot is being taken each time down the floor. Running actual plays and getting the ball in the post would be a very welcome change of pace from 'hand the ball to Dawn/Kirby/Jazmon/Precious' and just have them make an iso play.'
09-20-2017 09:17 AM
AssyrianDuke Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
This was in one of the other WBB threads, but I figured it would be appropriate here.

http://crownscoutgirls.com/latest-news/m...next-fall/

From the above article:

"She has a very good feel for the game and routinely demonstrates a high skill level, particularly when to comes to ball handling and her ability to read the game. She can score at all three levels and has even shown to be quite comfortable shooting 3-4 feet beyond the arc of she has a defender that hasn’t read the scouting report. She has tricks up her sleeve whether facing up or back to the basket with the ball, again showing that the Dukes will be getting a player with a good toolkit, and still has some good upside."
09-20-2017 02:29 PM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

And don't forget we have Jackie Benitez next year too.
09-20-2017 05:03 PM
Jeremyboz Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU,WVU

Best class ever.

Isn't Kelly Koshuta a go to player?
09-24-2017 06:34 AM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

Of course she is. So is Kayla. So is Kamiah. So are Lexie and Hailee and anyone else...on any given day. Which was the point. It's not all about ONE player!
09-24-2017 08:13 AM
Advertisement

dukesfan4010 Offline
2nd String

(09-24-2017 08:13 AM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  Of course she is. So is Kayla. So is Kamiah. So are Lexie and Hailee and anyone else...on any given day. Which was the point. It's not all about ONE player!

I see what you were trying to do, but no.

We need a bucket at the end of the game, one bucket. Who are we going to? Probably Kamiah, but point was it's not as clear as it has been in years past.
09-24-2017 01:55 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-24-2017 01:55 PM)dukesfan4010 Wrote:  
(09-24-2017 08:13 AM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  Of course she is. So is Kayla. So is Kamiah. So are Lexie and Hailee and anyone else...on any given day. Which was the point. It's not all about ONE player!

I see what you were trying to do, but no.

We need a bucket at the end of the game, one bucket. Who are we going to? Probably Kamiah, but point was it's not as clear as it has been in years past.

Exactly. And that's perhaps a good thing. When the other team doesn't know who we are going to, then they likely aren't going to throw 3 bodies at that player. Both sides of the argument are valid of course. A balanced attack is very difficult to defend...especially at the end of the game.
09-24-2017 02:18 PM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

Not ours, but Delaware just picked up a decommit from Texas for 2018, Lolo Davenport. I can't believe that's serious. From TEXAS? Really? Unless it's a Delle Donne (family) situation, there's something weird here.
09-28-2017 01:34 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-28-2017 01:34 PM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  Not ours, but Delaware just picked up a decommit from Texas for 2018, Lolo Davenport. I can't believe that's serious. From TEXAS? Really? Unless it's a Delle Donne (family) situation, there's something weird here.

Don't know if it's related but Texas just got a commit from Prospects Nation's top rated recruit in the nation, Charli Collier.
09-28-2017 03:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.