Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Charlottesville Attack
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

I Root For: Wichita State
Charlottesville Attack
I want to start off by making something very clear: I am 100% against all hate groups (i.e. Nazi's, KKK, Panthers, etc.).

I was forwarded an article the other day written by the hyper-conservative columnist, Ann Coulter. The article was called, "When Liberals Club People, It’s with Love in Their Hearts."

I haven't followed the latest drama surrounding Trump and his inappropriate "defense of racists" very closely, but I assumed the media was blowing everything out of proportion. After reading the following article, another thought popped into my head that I don't believe anybody is talking about:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/...ve-hearts/

We live in a country where peaceful protest is not only protected, it is encouraged. The act of public protest without retribution from a government or organization is the greatest evidence that we are a free people living in a free society. The right to protest does not begin and end with popular issues like adopting pets or drunk driving, it also extends to the ones we do not like.

If the article is true, if the Nazi's and White Supremacist dirtbags were corralled into an area where they would be in physical danger, and then were attacked by opponent protesters, is this not something freedom-loving Americans should be angry about? Of course the kid in the truck running folks over will be prosecuted and locked away for a long time, but if he did it only after watching several of his racist buddies get the **** beaten out of them receiving no protection from the police... shouldn't that change the narrative a little bit? If the racists truly had a permit to assemble but were disallowed, then routed straight into the Antifa people... is this right? If we don't respect the beliefs of those we strongly disagree with today, tomorrow if may be your beliefs that cause you to take a beating.

As long as it is legal to walk around and tell everybody you are KKK, a Nazi, a supreme race, etc., the right to protest should be protected. I personally think protesting as a member of a group that stands for the murder and/or extermination of a culture/race is absurd. I don't believe organizations that are awash with historical atrocities should be issued any kind of permit from the government. Sure, you can walk around with a KKK shirt on if you want, but considering them a protected class for protesting purposes is going a bit far. That being said they currently are legal, and as long as they are legal, they should be allowed the full protection of the law to speak their case... as ridiculous as it might be. This is the American way is it not?

T

...03-cool
08-18-2017 10:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

I Root For: Wichita State
RE: Charlottesville Attack
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-char...story.html

Some more eyewitness accounts from both sides as well as unaffiliated locals.

T

...03-cool
08-18-2017 11:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.