Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hello old friends
Bookmark and Share
ODU True Blue Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
Hello old friends
Don't know how many of you guys are present from the old CAAZone.

Just wanted to stop by and say hello and pass on a story.

My wife and I used to be scout leaders. We were camping at Grayson Highlands State Park in Virginia. We kept noticing this one campsite of four men who kept an immaculte campsite. After 3 or 4 days we thought these guys may be ex scouts and wanted to talk and commend them so we invited them down for campfire popcorn.

They weren't Scouts they were all May Chem Eng grads from Drexel. There were on an 80 day across North America tour before joining the real world. This place was their first stop.

I was super impressed with these guys. They kept a clean and supremely organized camp.

When I found out they were from Drex I was keen to hear about your team. I miss the rivalry and many of the old posters. Sadly, they were true engineers. They'd never been to a single basketball game in their years there.

But it still sparked a desire to say hi and I miss playing you guys.
07-24-2017 01:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Timer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: CAA
RE: Hello old friends
(07-24-2017 01:49 PM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  Don't know how many of you guys are present from the old CAAZone.

Hey, Blue glad you stopped by. Good to hear from you.
07-24-2017 05:44 PM
Advertisement

ODU True Blue Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
(07-24-2017 05:44 PM)Timer Wrote:  
(07-24-2017 01:49 PM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  Don't know how many of you guys are present from the old CAAZone.

Hey, Blue glad you stopped by. Good to hear from you.

Thanks Timer.

What I implied but didn't say direct enough is that these 4 young men were a real credit to your school. Outside of the old boards I'm not sure if I've ever actually met more than two of three people who I knew went to Drexel. Great guys. Two of them have yet to find jobs. My company, Newport News Shipbuilding, is always hiring engineers. So I told them I would get their resumes in the right hands if they were interested. Like I said I was very impressed with them.
07-24-2017 08:46 PM
J.B. Offline

I Root For: Drexel

Just wanted to stop by and say hello and pass on a story.

My wife and I used to be scout leaders. We were camping at Grayson Highlands State Park in Virginia. We kept noticing this one campsite of four men who kept an immaculte campsite. After 3 or 4 days we thought these guys may be ex scouts and wanted to talk and commend them so we invited them down for campfire popcorn.

They weren't Scouts they were all May Chem Eng grads from Drexel. There were on an 80 day across North America tour before joining the real world. This place was their first stop.

I was super impressed with these guys. They kept a clean and supremely organized camp.

When I found out they were from Drex I was keen to hear about your team. I miss the rivalry and many of the old posters. Sadly, they were true engineers. They'd never been to a single basketball game in their years there.

But it still sparked a desire to say hi and I miss playing you guys.

Great to hear from you. Drexel students are extremely fair-weathered, so considering the little success that the team has had the past couple of years, it makes sense that they never sniffed a basketball team.

Funny how so many ODU fans seem to remember Drexel very well. Last summer I was on a cruise to Bermuda. This guy working on the trapeze in the gym spotted my Drexel tee-shirt. He's one of the few Americans working on the ship and tells me that he went to ODU. This is how the conversation went.

Him "Is Bruiser still there?"
Me "No, they finally fired him."
Him "Good Move"
07-25-2017 03:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.