Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[split] The Weekly Tech/Cajuns argument thread
Bookmark and Share
LaCajunsFan Offline
Banned

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
[split] The Weekly Tech/Cajuns argument thread
(05-16-2017 07:24 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  I thought ULM was a junior college with a pharmacy program and water skiing . . . maybe I got that at the La Tech board . . .
I am sure you did....they hate ULM almost as much as the hate UL.
Nah, its not even really close, lol.

But they are constantly denigrating them.....especially now that they are both on the same academic level. That really makes their little heads explode. After all, they are located next door to each other, on the same academic lever, PLUS, ULM has that pharmacy school, which clearly puts them on top.
05-17-2017 03:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

BRtransplant Offline
1st String

I Root For: La Tech
RE: ULM?
(05-17-2017 03:03 PM)LaCajunsFan Wrote:  
(05-16-2017 07:24 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  I thought ULM was a junior college with a pharmacy program and water skiing . . . maybe I got that at the La Tech board . . .

But they are constantly denigrating them.....especially now that they are both on the same academic level. That really makes their little heads explode. After all, they are located next door to each other, on the same academic lever, PLUS, ULM has that pharmacy school, which clearly puts them on top.

La Tech and LSU are the only two public universities in the state of Louisiana that are ranked as Tier I universities. ULL is not, and neither is ULM.

You remind me of the sore loser Democrats. Just as they can't bring themselves to accept the fact that Trump won the election, you can't accept the fact that La Tech left ULL eating its dust a long time ago. Get yourself some prozac or something dude and come to terms with reality. Envy is very unbecoming.
05-17-2017 10:07 PM
Find all posts by this user
CajunAmos Offline
All American

I Root For: Cajuns
(05-17-2017 10:07 PM)BRtransplant Wrote:  

La Tech and LSU are the only two public universities in the state of Louisiana that are ranked as Tier I universities. ULL is not, and neither is ULM.

You remind me of the sore loser Democrats. Just as they can't bring themselves to accept the fact that Trump won the election, you can't accept the fact that La Tech left ULL eating its dust a long time ago. Get yourself some prozac or something dude and come to terms with reality. Envy is very unbecoming.

I'll be curious to see the 2018 rankings in September. I'm thinking Louisiana will have one public university in the rankings. I thought the statement regarding the changes for the 2017 rankings by USNWR might affect Tech in the new system. I also thought it was interesting that the USNWR states that the Carnegie Classification was the most widely accepted classification system in U.S. higher education, not the USNWR as stated by LaTech.

U.S. News made a few changes for the 2017 edition of Best Colleges. First, U.S. News recategorized colleges based on the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. In February 2016, Carnegie, which is the most widely accepted classification system in U.S. higher education, released official updates – called the "2015 Update" – including to the Basic Classification used in the U.S. News rankings.

The Carnegie classification, which higher education researchers use extensively, has been the basis of the Best Colleges ranking category system since our first rankings were published in 1983. The U.S. Department of Education and many higher education associations use the system to organize their data and determine colleges' eligibility for grant money.

As a result of implementing the Carnegie system updates, around 12 percent of ranked schools for the 2017 edition of Best Colleges have moved into different categories; for example, a university categorized previously as a Regional University may now be a National University.

How U.S. News Calculated the 2017 Best Colleges Rankings
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2017 11:28 AM by CajunAmos.)
05-18-2017 11:26 AM
LaCajunsFan Offline
Banned

(05-18-2017 07:54 AM)TaxusExpress Wrote:  
(05-17-2017 10:07 PM)BRtransplant Wrote:  

Gosh, I feel like I can predict the future. Someone is going to come along and point out how ULM and Tech share tier 3 status on some report in 3...2...1...

Seems everywhere I go to a sports site, here comes the same tin foil hats from, how did I see that put, the Ruston/Grambling Metroplex, telling us how superior they are. Time for the mods to get a set and 05-ban a few carpet stainers from the SBC site.
And also make mean, unwarranted personal attacks against SBC fans. But what is wrong with that?
05-18-2017 04:49 PM
stodgdog Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(05-13-2017 12:43 AM)LaCajunsFan Wrote:  There isnt any legislation/laws prohibiting the usage of Louisiana as a stand alone reference.
The 'law' prohibiting UL is unenforceable, holds no weight and is laughable.
So your huge word salad is pointless.
And you are also of the opinion that @ruston didn't turn down the 2012 Indy bowl, so there's that, too.

Gomer Pyle: "Citizens arrest!!! Citizens arrest!!!!"

To quote a fictional great American, "Yeah, well, that's, just like, your opinion, man."

If you can't discern the law's intent, that is your lack of understanding. Like I said, if you will cut and paste, which you are so fond of doing, the law granting your name change I will counter your opinion point by point. Yeah, maybe the law is poorly written (I don't agree that it is), but its intent is clear.

No, Tech did not turn down a bid to the 2012 Indy Bowl. We were never offered a bid. Tech's stance was consistent since discussions were initiated by the Indy Bowl folks, approximately when there were three games left to play in the regular season. Discussions are bids. Also, if Tech had said give us a bid and we will accept, it is extremely likely that had one been accepted that early, ULM would never have been offered a bid. Besides, your argument does not make sense considering ULLs false claim of an earlier Indy Bowl bid situation.

ULLs obsession with their name and what they are called is irrational considering you lobbied for, coerced NLU to go along with you, and lead the legislature to believe you folks would comply. You claim Lafayette is the greatest city in La., if not the USA, but don't want it recognized. That is a juxtaposition.
05-18-2017 07:42 PM
LaCajunsFan Offline
Banned

ULM, LA Cajun fans and the rest of the sporting world are all very aware of what actually happened with the 2012 Indy bowl.

ESPN:
"9-3 Louisiana Tech won't play in bowl"

http://www.espn.com/college-football/sto...-bowl-game

SBNation:
"Louisiana Tech refuses to play former rival Louisiana-Monroe in Independence Bowl"

http://www.sbnation.com/bowl-games-2012-...-bowl-2012

Bleacher Report:
"Why Is Louisiana Tech AD Punishing Players by Declining Bowl Bid?"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/14302...g-bowl-bid
05-18-2017 08:00 PM
Advertisement

OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(05-18-2017 07:42 PM)stodgdog Wrote:  
(05-13-2017 12:43 AM)LaCajunsFan Wrote:  There isnt any legislation/laws prohibiting the usage of Louisiana as a stand alone reference.
The 'law' prohibiting UL is unenforceable, holds no weight and is laughable.
So your huge word salad is pointless.
And you are also of the opinion that @ruston didn't turn down the 2012 Indy bowl, so there's that, too.

Gomer Pyle: "Citizens arrest!!! Citizens arrest!!!!"

To quote a fictional great American, "Yeah, well, that's, just like, your opinion, man."

If you can't discern the law's intent, that is your lack of understanding. Like I said, if you will cut and paste, which you are so fond of doing, the law granting your name change I will counter your opinion point by point. Yeah, maybe the law is poorly written (I don't agree that it is), but its intent is clear.

No, Tech did not turn down a bid to the 2012 Indy Bowl. We were never offered a bid. Tech's stance was consistent since discussions were initiated by the Indy Bowl folks, approximately when there were three games left to play in the regular season. Discussions are bids. Also, if Tech had said give us a bid and we will accept, it is extremely likely that had one been accepted that early, ULM would never have been offered a bid. Besides, your argument does not make sense considering ULLs false claim of an earlier Indy Bowl bid situation.

ULLs obsession with their name and what they are called is irrational considering you lobbied for, coerced NLU to go along with you, and lead the legislature to believe you folks would comply. You claim Lafayette is the greatest city in La., if not the USA, but don't want it recognized. That is a juxtaposition.

You know I have called the Cajuns Louisiana for a while. Now that I know how much it eats you up then I will enjoy it even more. Why are you here techie....mercy. No one gives a rip about you or your views . Idiot.
05-18-2017 08:15 PM
stodgdog Offline
Special Teams

(05-13-2017 12:09 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(05-13-2017 11:55 AM)Usajags Wrote:  
(05-13-2017 11:51 AM)Pounce FTW Wrote:  Awesome, a name thread!

Did not see that coming.

But it's LaTech and ULL arguing, ULM has stayed pretty quiet about it.

La Tech fans are something else. How does ULL calling itself Louisiana affect La Tech in any way? Even Ga Southern fans didn't put up this much of a fight when Ga State called itself GSU and we share the same acronym. La Tech fans need to get over it like ULM did.
You don't understand, by your own admission. Read the law. BTW, Tech fans never gave a flip about it, as it is laughable. until ULL fans dragged us into it. Then it became not so funny.
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2017 08:53 PM by stodgdog.)
05-18-2017 08:52 PM
stodgdog Offline
Special Teams

(05-13-2017 12:18 PM)Golota Wrote:  

Did not see that coming.

La Tech fans are something else. How does ULL calling itself Louisiana affect La Tech in any way? Even Ga Southern fans didn't put up this much of a fight when Ga State called itself GSU and we share the same acronym. La Tech fans need to get over it like ULM did.
It's typical ULM discussion turns to ULL vs LT. that's what killed the ULM scout board because there was no admin. Most people use Rivals site because there's two moderators.
Why have you folks apparently rolled over in the name game. ULM has as much right to the UL and/or Louisiana moniker as ULL. It relegates ULM to the perception of being beneath ULL in the UL System hierarchy, which it is not.
05-18-2017 09:05 PM
LaCajunsFan Offline
Banned

I was wondering if anyone knew the outcome of the Ruston game against MTU tonight?
05-18-2017 09:09 PM
stodgdog Offline
Special Teams

(05-13-2017 02:16 PM)LaCajunsFan Wrote:  More 'illegal' activity to add to that grand lawsuit that our Ruston friends are working on: Cajuns softball currently beating Tx State 11-0 B4 for the championship, and espn is referring to us in that 'illegal' manner.

Where's Gomer when you need him? LOL

[Image: 34250900800_14e73f7ec1_o_d.png]

What lawsuit do you continually refer to? Another false assumption or accusation from the Cajuns.

No, I don't think a Tech fan started this name game. That was done in Lafayette.
05-18-2017 09:10 PM
Advertisement

LaCajunsFan Offline
Banned

More ammo for that grand lawsuit being worked up in ruston.

From the entry lobby of our new 'U,' our fight song. Look careful for the serious 'illegal' transgression, lol:

[Image: 33903326654_10425513b4_o_d.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2017 09:26 PM by LaCajunsFan.)
05-18-2017 09:24 PM
LaCajunsFan Offline
Banned

(05-18-2017 08:52 PM)stodgdog Wrote:  

Did not see that coming.

You don't understand, by your own admission. Read the law. BTW, Tech fans never gave a flip about it, as it is laughable. until ULL fans dragged us into it. Then it became not so funny.
What law? Laws need to be very precise.
Without giving us another one of your huge word salads, provide the specific law/language the prevents usage of 'louisiana' as a stand alone nickname.
The last two ULS presidents have stated there is nothing illegal about it.
The SBC has agreed to that fact.
The NCAA has agreed to that fact.
Even ulm has agreed to that fact.
Just because you don't like something or wish something were different does not make it 'illegal.'
If you think this is such a huge deal, file suit against it.
Just stop dragging everyone through it over and over and over and over again in every thread you post in.
05-19-2017 06:49 AM
LaCajunsFan Offline
Banned

(05-18-2017 09:05 PM)stodgdog Wrote:  

Did not see that coming.

It's typical ULM discussion turns to ULL vs LT. that's what killed the ULM scout board because there was no admin. Most people use Rivals site because there's two moderators.
Why have you folks apparently rolled over in the name game. ULM has as much right to the UL and/or Louisiana moniker as ULL. It relegates ULM to the perception of being beneath ULL in the UL System hierarchy, which it is not.

Yes, technically EVERY school in the whole wide world is free to choose their own nickname. But ULM chose ULM.
It is amazing how unwilling or incapable you are to comprehend those simple facts.
And you should really up your meds with all the hysteria and oh-so-obvious insecurity that this causes for you.
Peace, man. Peace.
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2017 06:56 AM by LaCajunsFan.)
05-19-2017 06:55 AM
stodgdog Offline
Special Teams

(05-13-2017 12:57 PM)LaCajunsFan Wrote:  

Did not see that coming.

Yep, but it was started by an @ruston fan, who.....other than the name issue.....has zero connection or true concerns with anything to do with the SBC or any of its schools.
Why do you continue to knowingly make false claims? You know I am an alumnus of a member institution of the SBC. You seem to attempt to portray you know more about me than I do. And, in an attempt to circumvent any other asinine comments or questions, my allegiance is to Louisiana Tech University because that is where I spent my college years and Tech is my primary alma mater. I grew up attending many functions at Louisiana Tech since my childhood. Also, though you discount its importance to me, I attended many functions at YOUR alma mater because of my strong family ties to that institution. I always liked your school until finding out, in the last few years, how your grads feel about Tech. Believe me, I was surprised, as, in my view, your hatred is irrational.
05-19-2017 07:50 AM
Golota Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM
Question does the ULL PD car say "UL" or "ULL"? Asking for a friend.
05-19-2017 08:01 AM
Advertisement

LaCajunsFan Offline
Banned

(05-19-2017 07:50 AM)stodgdog Wrote:  
(05-13-2017 12:57 PM)LaCajunsFan Wrote:  

Did not see that coming.

Yep, but it was started by an @ruston fan, who.....other than the name issue.....has zero connection or true concerns with anything to do with the SBC or any of its schools.
Why do you continue to knowingly make false claims? You know I am an alumnus of a member institution of the SBC. You seem to attempt to portray you know more about me than I do. And, in an attempt to circumvent any other asinine comments or questions, my allegiance is to Louisiana Tech University because that is where I spent my college years and Tech is my primary alma mater. I grew up attending many functions at Louisiana Tech since my childhood. Also, though you discount its importance to me, I attended many functions at YOUR alma mater because of my strong family ties to that institution. I always liked your school until finding out, in the last few years, how your grads feel about Tech. Believe me, I was surprised, as, in my view, your hatred is irrational.
Yes, it is. It is your only allegiance. And that is abundantly clear to anyone/everyone who reads your posts.
The only thing that rates higher than that is your irrational hatred of UL, our city and people.
You have zero real attachment to ULM or the SBC.
That's why, in posts like the one or two above you clearly said:
"Why have you folks apparently rolled over in the name game."
Someone who really feels part of the organization would say "Why do WE....."
And if you really had any respect, empathy or good will for us you would not be constantly citing a bogus 'survey' that calls us 'ignorant.'
Peace, man, peace.
05-19-2017 08:02 AM
Vobserver Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Louisiana
(05-18-2017 09:05 PM)stodgdog Wrote:  

Did not see that coming.

Better check the hierarchy in the ULS. UL, UNO and Tech are above the rest by LAW. Take the time to look up the flagship legislation and the hierarchy set up by the State.
05-19-2017 08:04 AM
stodgdog Offline
Special Teams

(05-13-2017 08:05 PM)LaCajunsFan Wrote:  
(05-13-2017 05:42 PM)Pounce FTW Wrote:  So someone remind me, is "snowflake" acceptable or not as a way to refer to those from the school in Lafayette?

The snowflakes are the Ruston people who freak out anytime refers to us by our correct and legal name.

So you are stating that UL is your legal name? The law states otherwise. No one from Tech is "freaking out." No one at Tech gave a damn until your fans dragged us into your name game when Tech chose to stay out of the name change game.
05-19-2017 08:12 AM
TaxusExpress Offline
Banned

I Root For: Anyone but LSU
(05-19-2017 08:01 AM)Golota Wrote:  Question does the ULL PD car say "UL" or "ULL"? Asking for a friend.

I'll have to ask. I'm willing to bet since it is not sports related, the third L, Lafayette in some form, or the university shield (which has Lafayette) is on it will be affixed somewhere on the units. Just logic guess since the official name was not changed.

But wait!!! That is how the Cajuns could get back the 13 alleged burglars. If UL police and not the ULL police made the arrests, then would that be a false arrest since there is no UL police department per state mandate.

Man, if that happened, Hudspeth will have you to thank. Might even get to sit in the president's box for a home game!
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2017 08:26 AM by TaxusExpress.)
05-19-2017 08:13 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.