New coach Luke Fickell has the Bearcats' attention
Bookmark and Share
BigDawg Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
New coach Luke Fickell has the Bearcats' attention

04-18-2017 11:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dj3600 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Uc
RE: New coach Luke Fickell has the Bearcats' attention
good story keep it up coach cant wait for this season

04-18-2017 12:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crex043 Offline
All American

Good write-up. I think these players were definitely not happy with 4-8 last year (or the lackluster results of previous years) and were willing to accept Fickell's attention training to get better. Hope it reflects on the field this year.

04-18-2017 12:55 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Perhaps just as important, Coach Fickell and his staff have the attention of recruits.

04-18-2017 01:18 PM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
Said we didnt have a permanent indoor facility. I thought that was the practice bubble?

04-18-2017 02:57 PM
Racinejake Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(04-18-2017 02:57 PM)Bearcatbdub Wrote:  Said we didnt have a permanent indoor facility. I thought that was the practice bubble?

I guess, by definition, it's not a permanent indoor facility since they put it up and take it down every year.

04-18-2017 03:00 PM
Advertisement

TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

I Root For: Bearcats, tubas
(04-18-2017 02:57 PM)Bearcatbdub Wrote:  Said we didnt have a permanent indoor facility. I thought that was the practice bubble?

I had to reread that one a few times as well. I'm guessing that since it is technically only "indoors" for about 5 months per year, it isn't considered a permanent indoor facility. The author didn't mention that for most intents and purposes, it functions as an indoor facility.

04-18-2017 03:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators

Nah, that thing sorta stinks but it fit the small footprint and small budget.

Rutgers' bubble is permanent and the quality is much different. Ours is a tent full of holes that we put up for a few months.

Miami now has a permanent indoor facility and it's pretty sharp.

04-18-2017 03:03 PM
Former Lurker Offline
All American

I Root For: UC...who else?
I sure love all the buzz around Fickell, and hope the results match.

04-18-2017 04:36 PM
Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
Was looking for a thread via search regarding your practice bubble.
[Image: field1_large.jpg]

After the winter do you guys having any comments as we are in a 4-5 month quiet period before our indoor practice facility is announced.
Quote:BUBBLE BUILDING — Bamford said UMass is in the early stages of soliciting donations for an indoor practice facility. It’s primary tenant would be football, but all outdoor teams could benefit from it.

The project ranges from a temporary bubble, which can be inflated and deflated based on weather, or a permanent facility.

Costs range from $5 million for a temporary bubble to $35 million for a higher-end permanent structure. How much money UMass is able to fundraise will likely determine the caliber of structure.

“If I had to guess, we’ll be somewhere in the mid-$20s,” Bamford said. “If we can’t get the funding right, we’re not opposed to a season bubble like BC and Harvard have, but I’d like to build something fixed if we could.”

Bamford said there’s preliminary interest among donors.

“We have a couple of soft (donation) commitments on it that we feel pretty good about,” he said. “We’re going to go through a quiet phase over the next three or four months and figure out who’s in. That’ll dictate what we do with the indoor facility and the stadium.”

http://www.gazettenet.com/Contract-exten...g-16754878

04-10-2018 12:38 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
I think the bubble has worked out well for UC. Since UC is in the city it no longer has that pristine white look.

Here is a recent practice video.

04-10-2018 12:58 PM
Advertisement

OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(04-18-2017 03:02 PM)TubaCat Wrote:  

I had to reread that one a few times as well. I'm guessing that since it is technically only "indoors" for about 5 months per year, it isn't considered a permanent indoor facility. The author didn't mention that for most intents and purposes, it functions as an indoor facility.

I think I recall Bohn making a thinly veiled reference to a permanent indoor football facility in a recent interview. Guess that's the next weapon needed in the facilities arms race but I would be surprised if it flipped a recruit away from UC to a MAC school that had one.

Any rumblings on where this could even be located? Space is at a premium.

04-10-2018 01:01 PM
djtothemoney Offline
2nd String

Keep in mind, part of the reason that we have an inflatable bubble, is because it is placed on our Lacrosse Stadium.

[Image: jeff-complex2-500.jpg]

Our AD said a permanent football facility is down the road.

04-10-2018 01:03 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
(04-10-2018 01:01 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  

I think I recall Bohn making a thinly veiled reference to a permanent indoor football facility in a recent interview. Guess that's the next weapon needed in the facilities arms race but I would be surprised if it flipped a recruit away from UC to a MAC school that had one.

I suspect they would just put a permanent structure on the Sheakley field. Could it still be used as a Lacrosse stadium if they did that?

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2018 01:04 PM by bearcatfan.)
04-10-2018 01:03 PM
Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
Was curious and thanks for the reply.

04-10-2018 01:06 PM
djtothemoney Offline
2nd String

My best guess? I would think they would bulldoze the building behind the existing half field, and place it there, rotating the field the other way.

04-10-2018 01:07 PM
Advertisement

djtothemoney Offline
2nd String

(04-10-2018 01:06 PM)Steve1981 Wrote:  Was curious and thanks for the reply.

They actually had it inflated ALMOST all of the past year. They moved the weight room in there for a period of time during our basketball arena construction.

04-10-2018 01:09 PM
bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-10-2018 01:07 PM)djtothemoney Wrote:  

My best guess? I would think they would bulldoze the building behind the existing half field, and place it there, rotating the field the other way.

The building is Daniel's Hall. My guess is if the University no longer needed dorm, they might consider this. My hope is they imminent domain some property off campus.

04-10-2018 01:44 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(04-10-2018 01:44 PM)bearcatmill Wrote:  
(04-10-2018 01:07 PM)djtothemoney Wrote:  

The building is Daniel's Hall. My guess is if the University no longer needed dorm, they might consider this. My hope is they imminent domain some property off campus.

I think Daniels is still needed with record enrollment. And there is hardly any space left adjoining campus with all the recent development. The only possibilities in my mind might be the area being developed near Deaconess Hospital or Hughes High School property if there could be some shared use arrangement. Burnett Woods has always been strictly off limits though I did hear some rumblings more recently that change may happen there. And of course none of these offer the convenience of proximity to Varsity Village the current bubble offers.

04-10-2018 03:45 PM
mbj655 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats
djtothemoney was talking about the building beside the half field, not Daniels.

04-10-2018 04:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.