Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Conference games you're looking forward to in '17
Bookmark and Share
RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
Conference games you're looking forward to in '17
I'm sure the instate schools will have pretty obvious choices (and app v Southern)

Gotta go with Cajuns for our home game and I'm really looking forward to the packs first trip to statesboro

(title edit - grammar nazi in me couldn't hold back any longer)
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2017 06:35 PM by CatMom.)
04-01-2017 02:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
RE: Conference games your looking forward to in '17
(04-01-2017 02:48 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  I'm sure the instate schools will have pretty obvious choices (and app v Southern)

Gotta go with Cajuns for our home game and I'm really looking forward to the packs first trip to statesboro

Likewise.

Also Georgia State at home, much as I hate to admit it.

I have gotten to where I dread playing at the clay track. If we were supposed to be better than App I would more look forward to it.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2017 02:51 PM by EigenEagle.)
04-01-2017 02:50 PM
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
If we were any good I'd say the Cajuns as well since I'd look forward to getting that monkey off of our backs but we suck so...... Idk, guess I'd go with APP since they're early in the season and so our fanbase won't have given up on the team yet, are a big name, and should draw a good crowd.
04-01-2017 02:51 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
Looking forward to hosting the Red Dogs and the Kitty cats

But I'm definitely looking forward to visiting some other schools this season. I'll either be going to Troy or App.
04-01-2017 05:24 PM
chrisattsu Offline
Mom's Favorite

I Root For: Tarleton / TXST
App State. It will be fun to have them in San Marcos.

Troy. Last game of the season, after our successful shock the world campaign, Mr Peanut can be on hand to present us the SBC trophy
04-01-2017 06:24 PM
SENOREIDA Offline
1st String

I Root For: Coastal
All of them
04-01-2017 06:28 PM
Advertisement

sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
RE: Conference games you're looking forward to in '17
Yeah, Cajuns. I know they've been quite over here but I think they'll be back big time next year. Just a feeling.
04-01-2017 06:52 PM
rokamortis Offline
All American

(04-01-2017 06:28 PM)SENOREIDA Wrote:  All of them

Yessir
04-01-2017 07:21 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern

I know that feeling.
04-01-2017 07:27 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(04-01-2017 06:24 PM)chrisattsu Wrote:  App State. It will be fun to have them in San Marcos.

Troy. Last game of the season, after our successful shock the world campaign, Mr Peanut can be on hand to present us the SBC trophy

I applaud your optimism . . . or delusional thinking. ... .

Me, I'll settle for any game(s) we can manage to win ... last season was Fugly, and to date, I've not seen anything to lead me to conclude that this year will be much different. Not even when I put my Maroon and Gold Glasses on .. .

Though, if I've had enough Bourbon, and I squint real hard, I can just make out a fuzzy image of Mr. Peanut holding a Trophy ... . . Though I suspect that may be for whoever our last opponent is ... .
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2017 07:35 PM by Bobcat87.)
04-01-2017 07:28 PM
CCUBrad Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-01-2017 07:21 PM)rokamortis Wrote:  

Yessir

Dude! I'm even excited for the away games! 04-cheers
04-01-2017 08:20 PM
Advertisement

VandalBasher Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The Vandals
For the Vandals, it will October 14th against a far travelled Appy State team in the Kibbie Dome.

Go Vandals!
04-02-2017 07:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
_x_ Offline
All American

(04-01-2017 07:28 PM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  
(04-01-2017 06:24 PM)chrisattsu Wrote:  App State. It will be fun to have them in San Marcos.

Me, I'll settle for any game(s) we can manage to win ... last season was Fugly, and to date, I've not seen anything to lead me to conclude that this year will be much different. Not even when I put my Maroon and Gold Glasses on .. .

Though, if I've had enough Bourbon, and I squint real hard, I can just make out a fuzzy image of Mr. Peanut holding a Trophy ... . . Though I suspect that may be for whoever our last opponent is ... .

I'm liking what I'm hearing about Damien Williams. Sounds like he's an aggressive player. He may throw some picks but it sounds like he'll be an exciting player to watch that can make some explosive plays.
04-02-2017 01:59 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

(04-02-2017 01:59 PM)_x_ Wrote:  

I'm liking what I'm hearing about Damien Williams. Sounds like he's an aggressive player. He may throw some picks but it sounds like he'll be an exciting player to watch that can make some explosive plays.

I am more worried about the the rest of the team. This years schedule seems more difficult than last year. HBU is the only game we will be favored. Maybe ULM.
04-02-2017 04:08 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
Southern followed closely by La. Either game might be memorable and cold.
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2017 04:13 PM by troutbummike.)
04-02-2017 04:13 PM
_x_ Offline
All American

(04-02-2017 04:08 PM)slycat Wrote:  

I am more worried about the the rest of the team. This years schedule seems more difficult than last year. HBU is the only game we will be favored. Maybe ULM.

Not sure if we were favored in any game in 2016 other than UIW either.
04-02-2017 04:37 PM
Advertisement

Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT

I've heard that as well . . . . But if we haven't fixed our O line, can't run the ball, and he's spending most of his time "running for his life" kinda like our last QB, well then I'm afraid that our results probably won't be that different.
I'm hoping for the best, but FB really IS a sport where a QB has got to have a supporting cast . . . Starting with those guys that create holes . . .

I liked Tyler Jones, and thought that a lot of the criticism he received was unfair, particularly last year. They never really put the "supporting pieces" around him. And that line last year was a sieve. Under the circumstances, I thought he did a phenomenal job. But he's the QB, you win you get the lion's share of the glory, you lose you get the bulk of the blame. Nature of the Beast.
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2017 05:14 PM by Bobcat87.)
04-02-2017 04:37 PM
eaglechamp Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GS Eagles
Always App. Looking forward to A State making the trip to Statesboro. The trip to Coastal will be fun - hard to believe it's been 10 years since the Jayson Foster one man wrecking crew game.
04-02-2017 06:57 PM
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
(04-02-2017 06:57 PM)eaglechamp Wrote:  Always App. Looking forward to A State making the trip to Statesboro. The trip to Coastal will be fun - hard to believe it's been 10 years since the Jayson Foster one man wrecking crew game.
I remember that guy 03-shhhh
04-02-2017 10:33 PM
Shof Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cajuns
(04-01-2017 06:52 PM)sdcritter Wrote:  Yeah, Cajuns. I know they've been quite over here but I think they'll be back big time next year. Just a feeling.

A lot of uncertainty in Cajunland WRT football. Seems there is a decent amount of talent. Defense improved steadily last season and we've picked up some help. Offense can't do much worse!! Losing McGuire will be a tough spot to fill; but RB by committee might be the answer. Some good young, but unproven talent there. OL HAS to improve, as does QB production. That pretty much sums up many SBC programs though. Still, looking forward to the season with guarded optimism. 07-coffee3
04-03-2017 09:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.