Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mohajir Time
Bookmark and Share
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
Mohajir Time
Talks Liberty and APP/UNC 2 for 1 starting at the 13 minute mark . . . nothing remarkably insightful for you non-stAte folks.

Radio Interview with Terry Mohajir
02-23-2017 07:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Mohajir Time
Interesting comment when it comes to Anderson's contract extension. Said when he put the clause in the contract that 8 FBS wins earns a contract extension, he really did it with the 9-3 record in mind, never believing we'd ever lose to an FCS.
02-24-2017 12:41 AM
chiefsfan Offline

Complimentary of Liberty, though says he hopes they did their due diligence on whether the Big South will keep them. Said we would absolutely consider scheduling them in a home and home if there were openings in the future. Mentioned that Independence in FBS is certainly viable provided a school has finances in order.

Confirmed our philosophy on 2 for 1's. Said we turned down an offer recently from Miss State for a 2 for 1. Our request was a home and home plus a buy game for 1.8 million. Said their AD told him he was out of his mind for taking that approach. Was unsure of how UNC was handling the 2nd home game with App, but was pretty sure it wouldn't be a full price guarantee game.

We are committed to scheduling UCA in football in the near future, though nothing is official at this time.

Said he feels "Lafayette made a mistake adding more seats to their football stadium, since they will mostly be empty." Confirmed any new projects on our football stadium will not include capacity expansion, because we don't fill all our current seats enough.

"Confirmed we are looking into adding softball, but will do our due diligence." Costs of softball is 600K annually plus a new stadium and facilities. Said the issue with Softball is that "With Lafayette and South Alabama as good as they are, you simply can't go halfway in with softball. You either build adequate facilities to compete with those programs, or you get your butt whipped every season."

Said that the continued growth of Sun Belt baseball has put us in a situation where we are going to have to make facility adjustments if we plan to be competitive in the conference.

Said College Athletics is about treating fans "unequally fair" Schools claim that they treat boosters and season ticket holders the same as regular fans, but it's not really possible. Fans are welcome to email him any questions or concerns, but he wants to hear in those emails that the person is a season ticket holder. If fans want real action to be taken, they need to do their part to help the program whether it is through donating or buying season tickets.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2017 01:08 AM by chiefsfan.)
02-24-2017 12:54 AM
stAte3 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Arkansas State
If any ASU fans ever feel the urge to email Mohajir, he will for sure respond.
02-24-2017 08:55 AM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
While he should be investigated by the Truth-in-Advertising commission for those revenue numbers reported in your athletic budget, he gets a gold star in my book for repeatedly peeing on fellow conference member Laffy.
02-24-2017 10:24 AM
moehler Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
love his honestly about his own programs, not sure he needed to go there with ULL, but, they don't like each other anyway, so what the hell does he care what they think.
02-24-2017 04:37 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Terry was on the field twice against the Cajuns and the Cajuns won both by a combined 4 points.

Not quite the same thing as when an AD who has been a professional gypsy and never seen your campus until the first time they interviewed tries to play the dig at a rival game.
02-24-2017 05:10 PM
doberman1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: StAte
(02-24-2017 10:24 AM)TechRocks Wrote:  While he should be investigated by the Truth-in-Advertising commission for those revenue numbers reported in your athletic budget, he gets a gold star in my book for repeatedly peeing on fellow conference member Laffy.

Once again for those who missed it.....we are required by state law to report our expenditures. We did. We also reported it that way when our budget was only 16 million because it was state law then as well. We spent 43 million. Those who take issure with that figure can gripe to the Arkansas State Senate and House. They determine our reporting methods. We have no say in the matter.
02-24-2017 09:41 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
(02-24-2017 09:41 PM)doberman1 Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 10:24 AM)TechRocks Wrote:  While he should be investigated by the Truth-in-Advertising commission for those revenue numbers reported in your athletic budget, he gets a gold star in my book for repeatedly peeing on fellow conference member Laffy.

Once again for those who missed it.....we are required by state law to report our expenditures. We did. We also reported it that way when our budget was only 16 million because it was state law then as well. We spent 43 million. Those who take issure with that figure can gripe to the Arkansas State Senate and House. They determine our reporting methods. We have no say in the matter.

Yeah, I know all that. Just wondering when the captial expenditures drop back into line if Chief will post a thread AState Athletic Budget Slashed by 40%.
02-25-2017 08:35 AM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
H&H and a buy game for 1.8 mil? Guy certainly has a set. We were against 2 for 1's until the TV money tanked. I think we got $800k in our 2 for 1 deal with UVA.
02-25-2017 02:54 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(02-25-2017 02:54 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  H&H and a buy game for 1.8 mil? Guy certainly has a set. We were against 2 for 1's until the TV money tanked. I think we got $800k in our 2 for 1 deal with UVA.

The biggest advantage we have in this department is we never had TV money to begin with, so it's not like we're trying to make up for lost revenue like many CUSA schools are having to do.
02-25-2017 03:51 PM
Advertisement

Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(02-25-2017 02:54 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  H&H and a buy game for 1.8 mil? Guy certainly has a set. We were against 2 for 1's until the TV money tanked. I think we got $800k in our 2 for 1 deal with UVA.

And you'll continue to get peanuts if you don't raise the value of your own game.
All G5 teams must get on the same page here for all to prosper.
02-25-2017 03:56 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(02-25-2017 03:56 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  

And you'll continue to get peanuts if you don't raise the value of your own game.
All G5 teams must get on the same page here for all to prosper.

Thing is, I don't think its as important for us to get the P5 home games as it is for other teams. We've already proven that our G5 home games can sell as well as our P5 home games if we schedule regionally.
02-25-2017 04:02 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I remember when Terry was recruited to play football here. Didn't think much of it but now....that was a big get.
02-25-2017 08:55 PM
T-Dog Offline
SunBeltbbs App State INsider

If App were to announce they had received two dozen roses as a gift, Terry would go on Jonesboro radio and talk about how stAte turned down a gift of three dozen roses.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2017 11:46 PM by T-Dog.)
02-25-2017 11:45 PM
doberman1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: StAte
(02-25-2017 11:45 PM)T-Dog Wrote:  If App were to announce they had received two dozen roses as a gift, Terry would go on Jonesboro radio and talk about how stAte turned down a gift of three dozen roses.

You flatter yourselves if you think he cares that much about App. He just tells it like he sees it. If he sees it that way, most likely others do as well.
02-26-2017 01:19 AM
Advertisement

Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

The truth is somewhere in the middle.
02-26-2017 08:09 AM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(02-26-2017 08:09 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Jealousy,jealousy,jealousy!
02-26-2017 09:28 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-26-2017 09:28 AM)OsageJ Wrote:  
(02-26-2017 08:09 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Jealousy,jealousy,jealousy!

There is a hint of that with him no doubt.
02-26-2017 09:42 AM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(02-25-2017 03:51 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

The biggest advantage we have in this department is we never had TV money to begin with, so it's not like we're trying to make up for lost revenue like many CUSA schools are having to do.

I think Selig knew ours would drop but probably not to the extent it did. We budgeted for less than we were getting and had a surplus budget our first few years in CUSA. So the hit wasn't quite as hard as it could have been but still you've got to make ends meet. I don't know if we'd agree to a 2-1 from out of state schools the same as we did for UVA. Our deal with VT is 4 in Blacksburg 3 in Norfolk, which is actually 2 contracts a 2-1 and a 2-2. Other than that we sold a game to Vandy and NCST and the rest are H&H. I imagine we'll do some more buy games in the future due to help with the budget.
02-26-2017 12:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.