Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

DHS’ Kelly Proposes Hiring More Immigration Officers, Fast-Tracking Deportations
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
DHS’ Kelly Proposes Hiring More Immigration Officers, Fast-Tracking Deportations
[Image: eqdvyd.jpg]

They’re not playing around.

Quote:The Department of Homeland Security’s plan to crack down on illegal immigration includes the hiring of thousands of additional federal agents and accelerating deportation hearings, according to memos signed this weekend by agency Secretary John Kelly.

The memos were signed Friday by Kelly and, if approved by President Trump, would give federal authorities more power to aggressively detain and deport illegal immigrants inside the country and along U.S. borders.

The guidelines also call for expanding the priority list for illegal immigrants marked for immediate removal and enlisting the help of local law enforcement agencies, reported first by CNN and The Washington Post, which has a copy of 19-page memos.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/...tions.html
02-19-2017 10:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
RE: DHS’ Kelly Proposes Hiring More Immigration Officers, Fast-Tracking Deportations
Trump is doing in one month what others couldn't in their 4 year terms as president.

Man, that's a lot of Demoncratic voters.
02-19-2017 10:10 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
RE: DHS’ Kelly Proposes Hiring More Immigration Officers, Fast-Tracking Deportations
Im not sure how I feel about this. I am generally against expanding the police state.
02-19-2017 10:10 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
It's not expanding it it's bringing them to their predestined numbers. I believe it had already been appropriated.
02-19-2017 10:12 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
DO IT!!!!!!!!!!
02-19-2017 10:27 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-19-2017 10:12 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  It's not expanding it it's bringing them to their predestined numbers. I believe it had already been appropriated.

It is expansion none the less. At what point does that get reduced?...after the Wall? 07-coffee3
02-19-2017 10:31 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(02-19-2017 10:31 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(02-19-2017 10:12 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  It's not expanding it it's bringing them to their predestined numbers. I believe it had already been appropriated.

It is expansion none the less. At what point does that get reduced?...after the Wall? 07-coffee3

An effective border barrier will reduce the need for future increases. Right now we need the people to help clean up the cluster that has been ongoing for years. These guys are overwhelmed. If sanctuary cities would report the people they have, it would reduce the need even further.
02-19-2017 10:37 PM
Advertisement

HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
Every town will have a squad.
02-19-2017 10:38 PM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU

I have no problem increasing a police prescence along the border.

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app
02-19-2017 11:11 PM
Advertisement

DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Deport the ones also that Reagan gave amnesty to back in the 80's.
02-20-2017 03:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-19-2017 10:37 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

An effective border barrier will reduce the need for future increases. Right now we need the people to help clean up the cluster that has been ongoing for years. These guys are overwhelmed. If sanctuary cities would report the people they have, it would reduce the need even further.

Im not arguing that. My question stands though. What happens to this additional force when it is not needed anymore? We have a clear history in America of never ending programs when they are obsolete and simply expanding those programs to other areas. This is a large part of why government grows and never shrinks.
02-20-2017 06:31 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(02-20-2017 03:26 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  Deport the ones also that Reagan gave amnesty to back in the 80's.

How about implementing the border security enforcement that was the other side of the trade-off?
02-20-2017 06:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.