Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ODU
Bookmark and Share
Sitting bull Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
ODU
Vegas likes us better than Sagarin.

Tribe opens a 6.5 underdog (Sagarin math has us a 9 point dog).
12-28-2016 09:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tribal Offline

I Root For: William & Mary
RE: ODU
We own the Monarchs

One Tribe. One Family.
12-28-2016 10:26 PM
Tribeheart Online
Heisman

ODU
ODU - very good defense, very poor shooting.
We may have some size advantage.
Who controls, our offense or their defense....need a road win prior to conference play and to set a positive mental frame of mind for a tough 3 game stretch away. Go Tribe!

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2016 01:54 AM by Tribeheart.)
12-29-2016 01:44 AM
Pete24 Offline
Bench Warmer

Great matchup tonight of two teams with different styles and two coaches with different recruiting philosophies.

W&M, with the nations 37th highest scoring offense (82.6 ppg) and 20th nationally in 3's (9.9 pg). ODU is 2nd in the country in defense, holding opponents to only 56.4 ppg.

In terms of recruiting, Jeff Jones fills his roster with players who are "athletic" and "long" ... while Shaver fills the Tribe roster with "great shooters" who have "high basketball IQ". Interesting contrast between the two team's rosters.

ODU leads the all-time series 67-20, but the Tribe has won 4 of the last 5, including last year's 55-48 win in Williamsburg.
12-29-2016 08:00 AM
nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

12-29-2016 08:08 AM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

I think this game will be a great gauge of where we are as a team. We've looked good after the exam break, throttling two terrible teams and sustaining a rally against URI, but the competition has been all over the map. ODU is a pretty good indicator of what we'll look like against CAA competition. I'd love for Tony to keep his winning record against Jeff Jones
12-29-2016 01:51 PM
Advertisement

NC Tribe Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M, JMU
I'll feel a lot better about this season if the Tribe wins in Norfolk tonight. I am starting to have nightmares about playing on Friday night in North Charleston, I already know JMU will be playing Friday night.
12-29-2016 03:10 PM
WMtribe17 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
Must do a good job of limiting ODU o-boards and must stay within our offense and not have the usual 10 scoring drought where Omar decides to take bad shots and the rest of the team is unwilling to shoot. Also important that Whitman and Knight stay out of foul trouble.
12-29-2016 03:26 PM
WMTRIBE75 Online
1st String

I Root For: WILLIAM & MARY
(12-29-2016 03:26 PM)WMtribe17 Wrote:  Must do a good job of limiting ODU o-boards and must stay within our offense and not have the usual 10 scoring drought where Omar decides to take bad shots and the rest of the team is unwilling to shoot. Also important that Whitman and Knight stay out of foul trouble.

Tonight's game will give us a really good idea of where we need to improve in order to beat Towson. Much like Towson, odu treats missed shots like another pass in their offense. Hopefully this will not be another game where we play a team whose perimeter players have not shot the ball well at all and then the Tribe shows up and everybody on the other team starts shooting like Steph Curry.

If we can turn them into a perimeter team, limit second chance opportunities, smartly run our half court offense, and grab a few points in transition, we have a decent chance of winning this game.
12-29-2016 04:03 PM
Tribe32 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tribe
I think this is a good match up for us. The two teams couldn't be more different. We shoot better, score more, and play a faster tempo. ODU will rebound better and try to tire us out with relentless effort. We need to get ahead of them by a dozen in the first half and they will have a hard time catching up. Getting Stith in foul trouble should be one of our main objectives. Our bigs should have a good night. If the officials call it tight we should get out of there with a win. If they call it loose we may get overwhelmed. ODU isn't as good as Rhode Island from what I've seen (limited)
12-29-2016 04:25 PM
Tribal Offline

A lifelong friend's son plays for ODU after transferring from Mason. Tre's first game against my Tribe. Bragging rights between his dad, Will, and me.

Don't let me down, Tribe!

One Tribe. One Family.
12-29-2016 05:12 PM
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

(12-29-2016 03:26 PM)WMtribe17 Wrote:  Must do a good job of limiting ODU o-boards and must stay within our offense and not have the usual 10 scoring drought where Omar decides to take bad shots and the rest of the team is unwilling to shoot. Also important that Whitman and Knight stay out of foul trouble.

Reminds me of my (least) favorite ODU horror story. I went to the 2011 game with a couple of buddies and we were getting the absolute hell beaten out of us. One of our big men commits a foul underneath on a made basket. Before the free throw my friend turns to me and says, "Honestly, I just hope he makes it because if he doesn't they'll get the rebound and score again." Sure enough he missed the free throw, ODU got an offensive rebound and an easy put back. We ended up being out rebounded 47-15. No matter what tonight will go much much better than that.
12-29-2016 06:04 PM
Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Looks like no video streaming available tonight, as it's "premium content"? Really? C-USA Basketball is "premium content" now?
12-29-2016 06:57 PM
TDenverFan Offline
All American

Any way to watch tonight's game?

Edit: Guess not
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2016 06:59 PM by TDenverFan.)
12-29-2016 06:59 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

I paid the $7 for the stream but now it's not loading

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
12-29-2016 07:04 PM
Hall of Famer

2-0 Tribe at the 15:20 mark (media timeout). Good hockey game.

Go Tribe go!
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2016 07:14 PM by Seahawk Nation 08.)
12-29-2016 07:14 PM
Advertisement

Mrs. Got Ribe Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Tribe
Is the stream working yet? I wouldn't mind watching.
12-29-2016 07:14 PM
billymac Offline
Heisman

It is streaming. Just click Sign In and then fill out the credit card info and put in a password to use. Then you can click the Watch Now button, put in your email and password and there it is.
12-29-2016 07:15 PM
Hall of Famer

(12-29-2016 07:14 PM)Mrs. Got Ribe Wrote:  Is the stream working yet? I wouldn't mind watching.

Not missing much at least, from the looks of it. Daniel Dixon the only scorer so far.
12-29-2016 07:15 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

I've got it up now. Quite the "defensive" struggle

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
12-29-2016 07:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.