Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2017 Team Goals
Bookmark and Share
High Country Student Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App. State
2017 Team Goals
I know South still has to finish out the season but I had a thought earlier to take a stab at each teams 2017 football goals based off of their current situation and success/failures this season. I'd love to hear everyone list of expectations for each team. Also I won't say I know who everyone has leaving or coming back so that may change things.

App- Undefeated in conference and win a P5 game

Arkansas State- Undefeated in conference and go at least .500 in nonconference play

Coastal Carolina- Win 1 nonconference game and 1 conference game

GS- Finish top 4 in SBC and go .500 in nonconference

GSU- .500 in conference and .500 nonconference

Idaho- .500 in nonconference and finish in top 3 of conference

ULL- .500 in conference and .500 in nonconference

ULM- .500 in conference play. Your nonconference schedule is rough next year. Maybe beating Southern Miss could be a goal but I'm not sure how realistic that is.

NMSU- .500 in conference play and .500 in nonconference game.

USA- Don't lose your fcs game and go .500 in conference. Maybe for La Tech but as I said with Monroe against Southern Miss I'm not getting my hopes up for that one.

Texas State- .500 in nonconference. Win 3 conference games.

Troy- 3-1 in nonconference play aka beat Boise. Undefeated in conference play.
12-26-2016 11:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: 2017 Team Goals
(12-26-2016 11:03 PM)High Country Student Wrote:  I know South still has to finish out the season but I had a thought earlier to take a stab at each teams 2017 football goals based off of their current situation and success/failures this season. I'd love to hear everyone list of expectations for each team. Also I won't say I know who everyone has leaving or coming back so that may change things.

Arkansas State- Undefeated in conference and go at least .500 in nonconference play

ULM- .500 in conference play. Your nonconference schedule is rough next year. Maybe beating Southern Miss could be a goal but I'm not sure how realistic that is.

USA- Don't lose your fcs game and go .500 in conference. Maybe for La Tech but as I said with Monroe against Southern Miss I'm not getting my hopes up for that one.

Our OOC schedule is Ole Miss, La Tech, Ok State and AL A&M, I'd be happy with 2-2, excited with 3-1, same as this past season. Our big goal for next year is better conference play and compete for a conference championship.

It's time to compete for the SBC!!!
12-26-2016 11:20 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Our goal is to go 12-0

We bring back 80% of the starters from a 10-3 team. (Including Chunn and Silvers) Troy will be a force to recon with in the G5 and Boise will be a big Target to gage where we stand. Brown will have this team fired up.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2016 11:40 PM by Atlanta Trojan.)
12-26-2016 11:35 PM
StillGotIt Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(12-26-2016 11:03 PM)High Country Student Wrote:  I know South still has to finish out the season but I had a thought earlier to take a stab at each teams 2017 football goals based off of their current situation and success/failures this season. I'd love to hear everyone list of expectations for each team. Also I won't say I know who everyone has leaving or coming back so that may change things.

App- Don't lose your fcs game and go .500 in conference.

USA- Undefeated in conference and win another P5 game.

Mine are mostly the same
12-26-2016 11:45 PM
USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

Not lose 12 starters for the season. That should take care of everything else.
12-26-2016 11:46 PM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
App loses a lot from this year's team. I'd love for the team to go 8-0 in SBC play and 3-1 OOC with a W over Wake and the only L to UGA... but I'm afraid that would be underestimating both how much the rest of the league is improving as well as how hard it will be to replace the starters App will lose.
12-27-2016 12:20 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Realistic goal for AState next year is 10 wins. 8 conference wins plus our FCS and UAPB. Setting anything for the opening two games against Nebraska and Miami is probably not realistic.

The games against SMU and Troy will likely make or break our entire season. Some of this will depend with when conference games fall on the schedule too. For instance, if we play Troy early in the league schedule, there is probably a lot more pressure because we could be entering it 2-2 or 1-3, as opposed to if it fell late in the calendar. Ditto for Georgia Southern. When do we face the evil Triple Option, and what games are around it.

Troy and Georgia Southern 5 days apart would be cruel an unusual punishment for example.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2016 12:37 AM by chiefsfan.)
12-27-2016 12:34 AM
LatahCounty Online
1st String

I Root For: Idaho
Paul Petrino's goal will be to win the conference. Why not? Linehan will be back and we should have our best defense in a very long time.

OOC road games will be interesting -- @Western Michigan and @Missouri. Anybody know what those two teams have coming back next year?
12-27-2016 01:32 AM
hapapp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
(12-27-2016 12:20 AM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  App loses a lot from this year's team. I'd love for the team to go 8-0 in SBC play and 3-1 OOC with a W over Wake and the only L to UGA... but I'm afraid that would be underestimating both how much the rest of the league is improving as well as how hard it will be to replace the starters App will lose.

I agree. Judging our 2017 season has to take into consideration both the talent lost and the rise of the rest of the league. There is no reason that we can't compete for another title with the talent we have returning but there are some big question marks on both side of the ball.
12-27-2016 05:41 AM
CCUBrad Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Coastal
I for one will be mighty disappointed in Coastal only manages to win one conference game and one ooc game...
12-27-2016 07:49 AM
SBEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
(12-27-2016 01:32 AM)LatahCounty Wrote:  Paul Petrino's goal will be to win the conference. Why not? Linehan will be back and we should have our best defense in a very long time.

OOC road games will be interesting -- @Western Michigan and @Missouri. Anybody know what those two teams have coming back next year?
I may be wrong but I think W.Mich is losing quite a bit of seniors.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
12-27-2016 08:41 AM
Advertisement

SBEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
(12-27-2016 07:49 AM)CCUBrad Wrote:  I for one will be mighty disappointed in Coastal only manages to win one conference game and one ooc game...
I agree and don't see only one conf win.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2016 08:41 AM by SBEagle.)
GaSouthern Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Georgia So.
Out of Conference GS will probably accept .500 as a minimum expectation but .750 is probably our goal out of Auburn, Indiana, UMass and New Hampshire.

If GS finishes 4th in the SBC and does not beat either auburn or Indiana then there will probably be another revolt.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2016 08:42 AM by GaSouthern.)
asuwon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
(12-27-2016 12:34 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Troy and Georgia Southern 5 days apart would be cruel an unusual punishment for example.

Neither of those games scare me, even if they are 5 days apart.

We will be better than both, and should have no problem thumping either team.
12-27-2016 09:17 AM
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
So, everyone except TXST and CCU will win conference. That's going to be interesting.
12-27-2016 09:38 AM
NashvilleEagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga. Southern

You must be new to GS. Our goals will never be this mundane. Win the conference and get the access bowl. This is the goal every year.
12-27-2016 10:10 AM
Advertisement

ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
(12-27-2016 12:20 AM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  App loses a lot from this year's team. I'd love for the team to go 8-0 in SBC play and 3-1 OOC with a W over Wake and the only L to UGA... but I'm afraid that would be underestimating both how much the rest of the league is improving as well as how hard it will be to replace the starters App will lose.

The recruits stepping in are just as capable of the outgoing. Defeatist attitudes are not needed.
12-27-2016 11:31 AM
SENOREIDA Offline
1st String

I Root For: Coastal
I would say going .500 in conference would be a nice start. I definitely think we can do it.
12-27-2016 11:31 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Idaho- Bowl game and maintain FBS

That should be their only concern.
12-27-2016 11:52 AM
Appdoggy Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: App State & UNC
(12-27-2016 11:31 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  

The recruits stepping in are just as capable of the outgoing. Defeatist attitudes are not needed.

My thoughts exactly. Most of the guys we have replacing starters from this year either have starting experience or atleast have received significant playing time in the past two years. Plus we've recruited a higher level of athlete as of late. I've heard good things about the guys we redshirted this year.
12-27-2016 11:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.