Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sports Illustrated ranks App / Toledo match up as the 5th best bowl game this season
Bookmark and Share
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
Sports Illustrated ranks App / Toledo match up as the 5th best bowl game this season
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2016 04:37 PM by AppManDG.)
12-07-2016 04:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

asuwon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: Sports Illustrated ranks App / Toledo match up as the 5th best bowl game this season
I'll be recording it, and watching it after the Cure Bowl.

This is one of the bowl games which interests me the most this year.

Hope y'all can pay them back for us.

Toledo has had our number like no other team in a long time.
12-07-2016 05:31 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

RE: Sports Illustrated ranks App / Toledo match up as the 5th best bowl game this season
But Orlando.
12-07-2016 07:04 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Bowl rankings are hilarious. There's some sites who rank these fairly, and some that clearly only ranked the P5 matchups first. Fox Sports ranked this game 27th out of 40
12-07-2016 07:09 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
Is it not 6th best? Regardless, it's number one to me :D.
12-07-2016 07:20 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

Let's win!
12-07-2016 07:52 PM
Advertisement

sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
Let's all win. I'd love to see all the Sunbelt teams sweep. Even if it means listening to the backwoods hillbillies from App talk about how they beat the team we couldn't. It will be OK. We can always offer rebuttal with that game at their place.
12-07-2016 08:10 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

(12-07-2016 08:10 PM)sdcritter Wrote:  Let's all win. I'd love to see all the Sunbelt teams sweep. Even if it means listening to the backwoods hillbillies from App talk about how they beat the team we couldn't. It will be OK. We can always offer rebuttal with that game at their place.

I was awarded a $40,000 truck that game from military warrior support foundation through a local dealership and Wells Fargo. I have a hard time caring about the score. :) Go Apps! Go Redwolves!
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2016 08:15 PM by troutbummike.)
12-07-2016 08:14 PM
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
Usually, the small bowls produce more exciting games.
12-07-2016 08:18 PM
sdcritter Offline
All American

(12-07-2016 08:14 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  I was awarded a $40,000 truck that game from military warrior support foundation through a local dealership and Wells Fargo. I have a hard time caring about the score. :) Go Apps! Go Redwolves!

I can sure as heck get behind that. Congrats! Best thing I ever won in my life was a water bed.

Yes, I'm that old.
12-07-2016 09:08 PM
asuwon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
(12-07-2016 08:14 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  I was awarded a $40,000 truck that game from military warrior support foundation through a local dealership and Wells Fargo. I have a hard time caring about the score. :) Go Apps! Go Redwolves!

Wow!

Thanks for your service!
12-07-2016 09:22 PM
Advertisement

SpeedkingATL Offline
Special Teams

The Belt is certainly getting little respect based on the picks and point spreads in the media. Would love to see all 6 teams shove it back in the medias faces. The Belt has some tough draws but none is unwinnable.
12-08-2016 09:55 AM
JTApps1 Offline
1st String

(12-07-2016 08:10 PM)sdcritter Wrote:  Let's all win. I'd love to see all the Sunbelt teams sweep. Even if it means listening to the backwoods hillbillies from App talk about how they beat the team we couldn't. It will be OK. We can always offer rebuttal with that game at their place.

Of course we can always counter with the win at your place the year before. Guess this makes the Toledo game the tie breaker...
12-08-2016 01:07 PM
sdcritter Offline
All American

(12-08-2016 01:07 PM)JTApps1 Wrote:  

Of course we can always counter with the win at your place the year before. Guess this makes the Toledo game the tie breaker...

We don't count that loss because our starting center was hurt. 04-jawdrop
12-08-2016 01:30 PM
AppAttack Offline
2nd String

(12-07-2016 08:14 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  

I was awarded a $40,000 truck that game from military warrior support foundation through a local dealership and Wells Fargo. I have a hard time caring about the score. :) Go Apps! Go Redwolves!

It's funny hearing someone from Arkansas talk about others as backwoods hillbillies 03-lmfao
12-08-2016 03:52 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

(12-08-2016 03:52 PM)AppAttack Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 08:14 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  

It's funny hearing someone from Arkansas talk about others as backwoods hillbillies 03-lmfao

I will say, I enjoyed my years in Arkansas..... but I'm also a hillbilly or "Appalachian American" as we are called in the PC era, so I don't know who's argument that helps. At least we're not dirty cajuns.
12-08-2016 04:07 PM
Advertisement

AppManDG Offline
Heisman

(12-07-2016 07:09 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Bowl rankings are hilarious. There's some sites who rank these fairly, and some that clearly only ranked the P5 matchups first. Fox Sports ranked this game 27th out of 40

Key word is "Match Up".
12-08-2016 06:07 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

(12-08-2016 06:07 PM)AppManDG Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 07:09 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Bowl rankings are hilarious. There's some sites who rank these fairly, and some that clearly only ranked the P5 matchups first. Fox Sports ranked this game 27th out of 40

Key word is "Match Up".

I know it annoys others, but it is great to be a Mountaineer! It's fair to say we get a decent amount of love from the sport networks. I understand that can be annoying. The Sunbelt is becoming a respected conference, however, and I wish for each team to win their bowl games. 04-cheers I'm certainly glad we have a difficult opponent, and hope the game is entertaining with an App State win. I love this school, this town, and this team. I finally graduate this Saturday after 15 years of college interrupted by war that began at App in 2001 a few weeks before 911. I hope to get a graduation present from these hard working young men, but I know what is truly important in life. Let's go Apps! *edit* Sorry to sound repetitive, I have some memory issues.... which makes my graduation even more awesome! *edit*
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 06:41 PM by troutbummike.)
12-08-2016 06:35 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
The Toledo vs Temple game last season ranked around 10th for best games when all was said and done.

In 2011 Toledo played Air Force and I believe it came in at 5th or so for best game of the bowl season. Air Force faked a PAT to go ahead by 1 to end the game and they fumbled it out of the endzone. Toledo won 42-41.

Toledo had many big plays. A pick 6. A punt return for a TD (by our All American returner), and some big hits. Neither teams had spectacular records but both played crazy schedules. Toledo played #4 Boise State, UNH (final four FCS), @Syracuse (called the worst review of a play ever), and @Ohio State (refs reprimanded).

Some people think that was the most explosive team ever at UT. Bad Defense, but amazing at causing turnovers.

I don't think this years game will be a fireworks display, more so just two good teams pinned up against eachother, with one team doing something late to seal a close victory. If we have a top10 game again this year, I wouldn't be surprised but it has to be because someone was watching good football, and not a fun shootout.
12-08-2016 06:44 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(12-08-2016 06:44 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  The Toledo vs Temple game last season ranked around 10th for best games when all was said and done.

In 2011 Toledo played Air Force and I believe it came in at 5th or so for best game of the bowl season. Air Force faked a PAT to go ahead by 1 to end the game and they fumbled it out of the endzone. Toledo won 42-41.

Toledo had many big plays. A pick 6. A punt return for a TD (by our All American returner), and some big hits. Neither teams had spectacular records but both played crazy schedules. Toledo played #4 Boise State, UNH (final four FCS), @Syracuse (called the worst review of a play ever), and @Ohio State (refs reprimanded).

Some people think that was the most explosive team ever at UT. Bad Defense, but amazing at causing turnovers.

I don't think this years game will be a fireworks display, more so just two good teams pinned up against eachother, with one team doing something late to seal a close victory. If we have a top10 game again this year, I wouldn't be surprised but it has to be because someone was watching good football, and not a fun shootout.

Rockets averaged 7.2 yards per play this season vs 6.4 yards in 2011.
Toledo surpassed its Total Offense yardage for 2011 this season.
12-09-2016 01:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.