Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cisco CEO: repatriation of foreign profits will lead to...
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
Cisco CEO: repatriation of foreign profits will lead to...
...job expansion, increased dividends, stock buybacks and M&A activity.

That is great news.

Increases in dividends is equivalent to demand stimulus, albeit in a free market manner.

Stock buybacks and M&A lead to redeployment of capital.

Win/win/win/win.

Link
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2016 11:27 AM by QuestionSocratic.)
12-07-2016 11:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: Cisco CEO: repatriation of foreign profits will lead to...
Imagine that!
12-07-2016 11:35 AM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
Plus it will allow Democrats to disingenuously scream about Republicans helping the 1% so its a win for tgem too. So much winning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
12-07-2016 11:37 AM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
... more personal wealth for the elite few at the company, and more wealth for stock traders.

No additional jobs or income for workers.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2016 11:41 AM by MplsBison.)
12-07-2016 11:41 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(12-07-2016 11:41 AM)MplsBison Wrote:  ... more personal wealth for the elite few at the company, and more wealth for stock traders.

lol, you know not how this works. Conveniently forgetting the millions of Americans that would benefit, in multiple ways, if all that cash was brought back.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2016 11:43 AM by VA49er.)
12-07-2016 11:43 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(12-07-2016 11:41 AM)MplsBison Wrote:  ... more personal wealth for the elite few at the company, and more wealth for stock traders.

If the USA has a competitive corporate tax rate, lot of good job will return the USA and new jobs created.

700 US companies now located in Ireland as direct investment soars
Ireland has benefited from $277bn (£182bn) of US direct foreign investment in the past two decades – gaining more from American firms than Brazil, Russia, India and China combined.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/m...investment
12-07-2016 11:45 AM
Advertisement

MplsBison Offline
Banned

(12-07-2016 11:45 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  If the USA has a competitive corporate tax rate, lot of good job will return the USA and new jobs created.

Repubs know they have a dedicated internet army that will parrot whatever is asked of them, without questioning it or deriving it for themselves.
12-07-2016 11:50 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU

OK, get your hopes sky-high only to be crushed all over again. By Eid al-fitr ya'll liberals be in psychotherapy.
12-07-2016 11:58 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

(12-07-2016 11:50 AM)MplsBison Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 11:45 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  If the USA has a competitive corporate tax rate, lot of good job will return the USA and new jobs created.

Repubs know they have a dedicated internet army that will parrot whatever is asked of them, without questioning it or deriving it for themselves.

If you checked some of those sources you ignore, you'd be educated on this subject. Repatriating cash would be significant in multiple ways with a couple being stock repurchases (do you have any idea how that would impact normal Americans with 401k,etc.?). Also, no company wants excess cash just laying around as it provides no return, so that cash would be reinvested in infrastructure which leads to new jobs both for folks that make the infrastructure(buildings, machines, etc) and those that operate the machines, etc.
12-07-2016 11:59 AM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

Do you have an IRA? If you do, do you own any stocks, or ETFs or mutual funds? If you do, you would probably own Cisco and many other stocks and benefit from the dividends and buybacks. Union and public sector pension funds own Cisco. They benefit. Do you not understand these really basic principles of finance.

In Cisco's case, 73% of the funds shares are owned by mutual funds and ETFs, that is, the little guys.

Instead of accusing people of parroting, maybe you should spend some time learning about how the financial system works. Then maybe you'd discontinue making naive, uninformed remarks.
12-07-2016 12:05 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(12-07-2016 12:05 PM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  

Do you have an IRA? If you do, do you own any stocks, or ETFs or mutual funds? If you do, you would probably own Cisco and many other stocks and benefit from the dividends and buybacks. Union and public sector pension funds own Cisco. They benefit. Do you not understand these really basic principles of finance.

In Cisco's case, 73% of the funds shares are owned by mutual funds and ETFs, that is, the little guys.

Instead of accusing people of parroting, maybe you should spend some time learning about how the financial system works. Then maybe you'd discontinue making naive, uninformed remarks.

No. No, he does not.

I've asked him a half dozen times where he went to school and what he studied (because I'm genuinely intrigued how someone can come out of any school so confused), and he refuses to answer.
12-07-2016 12:07 PM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

(12-07-2016 12:07 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

No. No, he does not.

I've asked him a half dozen times where he went to school and what he studied (because I'm genuinely intrigued how someone can come out of any school so confused), and he refuses to answer.

That much is abundantly clear.
12-07-2016 12:08 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer

Your trolling act has changed from that naive woman you posed as before. What are you now?
12-07-2016 12:11 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(12-07-2016 12:07 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

No. No, he does not.

Is he back in his troll cave?
12-07-2016 12:17 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest

You are just trolling us now. No one can be this stupid.07-coffee3
12-07-2016 12:19 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
(12-07-2016 12:19 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

You are just trolling us now. No one can be this stupid.07-coffee3

He has been trolling here since his first post here.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2016 12:26 PM by usmbacker.)
12-07-2016 12:26 PM
Advertisement

Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I don't think you know how businesses work.

First of all the average Cisco Employee is making pretty good bank
Job National Salary Data
Senior Software Engineer $91,197 - $157,526
Network Engineer $48,533 - $112,398
Project Manager $67,317 - $120,430
Customer Support Engineer $63,255 - $101,709

Second of all these companies only grow and stay competitive based off of the plowback they put into the business.
12-07-2016 12:29 PM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

(12-07-2016 12:05 PM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  Do you have an IRA? If you do, do you own any stocks, or ETFs or mutual funds? If you do, you would probably own Cisco and many other stocks and benefit from the dividends and buybacks.

What does my personal benefit have to do with making the country a better place???????

Quite the opposite, in fact.
12-07-2016 12:35 PM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

(12-07-2016 12:26 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  He has been trolling here since his first post here.

I provide a narrative that is diametrically opposed to the one you arbitrarily prefer.

That is all.
12-07-2016 12:37 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

(12-07-2016 12:35 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 12:05 PM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  Do you have an IRA? If you do, do you own any stocks, or ETFs or mutual funds? If you do, you would probably own Cisco and many other stocks and benefit from the dividends and buybacks.

What does my personal benefit have to do with making the country a better place???????

Quite the opposite, in fact.

It's not about you, or me. It's about the MILLIONS of people that would benefit.
12-07-2016 12:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.