usa can win 6 0r 7 but still no bowl03-hissyfit for usa
11-25-2016 02:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: no bowl for usa
(11-25-2016 02:39 PM)sparty54 Wrote:  usa can win 6 0r 7 but still no bowl03-hissyfit for usa

What on earth are you talking about? There are plenty of open bowls for USA.
11-25-2016 02:42 PM
AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
Spartacus - This should clear things up for you.
http://southalabama.247sports.com/Board/...e-49157053
11-25-2016 04:28 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
Whatchu talkin' bout, willis?
11-25-2016 06:16 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Texas will not bowl. NC State and USM pull off huge upsets to qualify. As things stand now.

AAC - 7 teams in. SMU can get in if they beat Navy at home
ACC - 10 teams in. BC can get in with a win at Wake.
Big Ten - 7 teams in. Indiana gets in if they beat Purdue. Maryland will qualify as they play Rutgers. Northwestern gets in with a win over Illinois
Big Twelve - 6 teams in.
CUSA - 5 teams in. UTSA must beat Charlotte to bowl. UNT must win at UTEP to bowl.
Independents - 1 team in. Army must beat Navy to qualify conventionally.
MAC - 6 teams in.
MWC - 6 teams in. Hawai'i can qualify before USA if they beat UMass.
Pac 12 - 6 teams in. Arizona State qualifies if they beat Arizona
SEC - 10 teams in. Vandy can qualify if they beat Tennessee at home. Ole Miss qualifies if they beat Miss State.
Sun Belt - 4 teams in. ULL can qualify with two wins (stAte and @ULM). USA qualifies conventionally with two wins (@Idaho and NMSU).

68 teams are in. 13 teams other than USA can qualify conventionally. USA doesn't bowl at 6-6....is if 2 or less of the teams needing 1 win to qualify fail to do so. If USA qualifies conventionally, they would bowl so long as ULL doesn't qualify.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2016 07:38 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
11-25-2016 07:33 PM
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
(11-25-2016 07:33 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Texas will not bowl. NC State and USM pull off huge upsets to qualify. As things stand now.

Big Ten - 7 teams in. Indiana gets in if they beat Purdue. Maryland will qualify as they play Rutgers. Northwestern gets in with a win over Illinois
Big Twelve - 6 teams in.
CUSA - 5 teams in. UTSA must beat Charlotte to bowl. UNT must win at UTEP to bowl.
MAC - 6 teams in.
SEC - 10 teams in. Vandy can qualify if they beat Tennessee at home. Ole Miss qualifies if they beat Miss State.
Sun Belt - 4 teams in. ULL can qualify with two wins (stAte and @ULM). USA qualifies conventionally with two wins (@Idaho and NMSU).

68 teams are in. 13 teams other than USA can qualify conventionally. USA doesn't bowl at 6-6....is if 2 or less of the teams needing 1 win to qualify fail to do so. If USA qualifies conventionally, they would bowl so long as ULL doesn't qualify.

It is going to be nip and tuck for our teams, my friend.
11-25-2016 07:36 PM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-25-2016 07:36 PM)HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Wrote:  
(11-25-2016 07:33 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Texas will not bowl. NC State and USM pull off huge upsets to qualify. As things stand now.

Big Twelve - 6 teams in.
MAC - 6 teams in.

You guys are in trouble if you don't beat Navy. You are high in the APR, but you'd go after Hawai'i, USA, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, and (perhaps) Duke. You guys probably need 75 or fewer teams to qualify conventionally to bowl at 6-6. I'm afraid that might be a bit too much to ask. And 7 of the above teams are double digit favorites. USM and NC State took 2 bowl bids from someone with huge upsets today.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2016 07:49 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
11-25-2016 07:47 PM
GoBigRed26 Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte

Big Twelve - 6 teams in.
MAC - 6 teams in.

HOOD, why did Army play two FCS schools this year? Is it just from the difficulties of trying to schedule a full slate being independent?
11-25-2016 08:00 PM
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
(11-25-2016 08:00 PM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  

Big Twelve - 6 teams in.
MAC - 6 teams in.

HOOD, why did Army play two FCS schools this year? Is it just from the difficulties of trying to schedule a full slate being independent?

I am not entirely sure but our AD loves to play Patriot League teams because our Olympic sports are in it. It might be the struggle of scheduling but I think it is more of the fact that the administration doesn't treat football in the sense of ambition but as something for the old grads to watch on the weekends and catch up on.
Lafayette doesn't even have enough scholarships to count.

There is little ambition in the program. The fans are satisfied with table scraps. I brag of our history because otherwise I will wallow in despair. Hopefully, the success of Air Force and Navy wakes the administration up. I felt completely dejected this year after Air Force whipped us with an inexperienced quarterback. The year started out so well but it is the same old, same old. I have little faith that we can beat Navy. Any boasts are half-hearted bravado.

My apologies for the venting.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2016 09:14 PM by HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine.)
11-25-2016 09:11 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-25-2016 09:11 PM)HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Wrote:  

Big Twelve - 6 teams in.
MAC - 6 teams in.

I am not entirely sure but our AD loves to play Patriot League teams because our Olympic sports are in it. It might be the struggle of scheduling but I think it is more of the fact that the administration doesn't treat football in the sense of ambition but as something for the old grads to watch on the weekends and catch up on.

There is little ambition in the program. The fans are satisfied with table scraps. I brag of our history because otherwise I will wallow in despair. Hopefully, the success of Air Force and Navy wakes the administration up. I felt completely dejected this year after Air Force whipped us with an inexperienced quarterback. The year started out so well but it is the same old, same old. I have little faith that we can beat Navy. Any boasts are half-hearted bravado.

UNC regularly schedules 2 FCS teams. My guess is that Army wanted to play Lafayette because of the history. But I fail to understand why Army didn't wait until Lafayette got over 56.5 FTE scholarships in 2 years (the Patriot is going to scholarships and all of their teams will be over the limit in 2 years). And I don't understand why Army would schedule 2 FCS teams. If money is a problem, I'm sure that Army would be VERY attractive as a payday game. You guys could probably clear 2 million.
11-25-2016 09:25 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts

Big Twelve - 6 teams in.
MAC - 6 teams in.

That makes no sense to me. AFA has taken 22 of the last 25, Navy 14 in a row.

It's not like West Point turns out people who shy away from a competition.
11-26-2016 01:54 AM
Advertisement

msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-26-2016 01:54 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  

Big Twelve - 6 teams in.
MAC - 6 teams in.

That makes no sense to me. AFA has taken 22 of the last 25, Navy 14 in a row.

It's not like West Point turns out people who shy away from a competition.

Guys, USA has gotten a waiver. If both Army and USA finish both at 6-6 with two FCS wins. USA has to go in ahead of Army since the waiver basically puts them in the first selection criteria. So it would have to take 81 teams to be bowl eligible under criteria one for USA to happen. That ain't going to happen. USA controls it's bowl destiny. Go Jags! 04-cheers
11-26-2016 09:11 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama

Big Twelve - 6 teams in.
MAC - 6 teams in.

Arizona St lost.
11-26-2016 10:16 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-26-2016 10:16 AM)Usajags Wrote:  

Big Twelve - 6 teams in.
MAC - 6 teams in.

Arizona St lost.

68 teams in. Only 12 other than USA can qualify conventionally (or using the Hawai'i rule).

Now Hawai'i is guaranteed a bowl slot if they beat UMass.

Yep. One more loss from the group above and USA is guaranteed a bowl slot with a record of 6-6. But we still need to win one more game.
11-26-2016 10:54 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

AAC - 7 teams in. SMU lossing big to Navy at home
ACC - 10 teams in. BC winning at Wake.
Big Ten - 10 teams in.
Big Twelve - 6 teams in.
CUSA - 5 teams in. UTSA must beat Charlotte to bowl. UNT losing to UTEP.
MAC - 6 teams in.
Pac 12 - 6 teams in.
SEC - 10 teams in. Vandy can qualify if they beat Tennessee at home. Ole Miss losing to Miss State.

71 teams are in. 9 teams other than USA can qualify conventionally. USA doesn't bowl at 6-6....is if 2 or less of the teams needing 1 win to qualify fail to do so. If USA qualifies conventionally, they would bowl so long as ULL doesn't qualify.

Updated at 6pm eastern time
11-26-2016 06:09 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Our old friends from Denton, TX are down by 30 to UTEP and will be 5-7 in a few minutes, thus qualifying the rest of us for bowl eligibility

Please make sure you thank them with your Christmas cards this year.

Ole Miss and SMU may actually lose first, but it's funnier to claim it was UNT.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2016 06:31 PM by chiefsfan.)
11-26-2016 06:30 PM
Advertisement

Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
(11-26-2016 06:30 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Our old friends from Denton, TX are down by 30 to UTEP and will be 5-7 in a few minutes, thus qualifying the rest of us for bowl eligibility

Please make sure you thank them with your Christmas cards this year.

They are saying on the CUSA Board that a 5-7 NT will still go bowling based on APR. But any 6-6 Belt team will be bowling before them
11-26-2016 06:32 PM
southjag09 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: South Alabama,
It irritates me to no end that this discussion is even an issue. South had ANOTHER game with over 100 yards lost to penalties. I'm so ready for a coaching staff that develops the talent they have and actually improves as the season progresses. I hope we beat NMSU to get bowl eligible, but next week is far from a lock. If we lose next week I can only hope next year is joey jones' last season of wasting talent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using CSNbbs mobile app
11-26-2016 09:47 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

AAC - 7 teams in.
ACC - 11 teams in.
Big Ten - 10 teams in.
Big Twelve - 6 teams in.
CUSA - 5 teams in. UTSA beating Charlotte to bowl.
MAC - 6 teams in.
Pac 12 - 6 teams in.
SEC - 10 teams in. Vandy can qualify if they beat Tennessee at home.
Sun Belt - 4 teams in. ULL can qualify with win@ULM next week. USA qualifies over NMSU next week.

72 teams are in. 5 teams other than USA can qualify conventionally. USA does bowl at 6-6....

Updated at 10:15 eastern.

ULL and South will bowl with wins next week. There will be at least 2 APR teams, probably more as we finish the night and next week.

Just win next week and the SBC can have 6 teams bowling this year.
11-26-2016 10:16 PM
AppfanInCAAland Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
Assuming everyone wins the games they are supposed to and the SBC has 7 Bowl teams and 3 co-Champs, what are the chances we can send one of the co-Champs to face a mid-level P5 in one of the SEC, Big XII, or AAC's unfilled slots instead of one of the SBC tie in slots, or would that task go to the last place SBC team?

Then again, given the way OOC went, we may want USA to take that spot.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2016 11:11 PM by AppfanInCAAland.)
11-26-2016 11:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.