http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketb...i_internal
11-13-2016 02:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

I Root For: William & Mary
Louisville
Pitino stated they had been preparing for Evansville in practice since the summer, and now only 2 days to get ready for W&M...I suspect he was sandbagging quite a bit, but, also, hope Keatts hasn't dialed him in on all he knows...Cohn stated Louisville played alot like UNCW which "bodes well" for the Tribe...Don't know if that comment was simply referencing the players' familiarity with that system, or their confidence that our strengths match up well with their system based on last year's games. I'd like to hope we have been preparing for Louisville since the summer.

Need homecoming worthy games from Omar AND Jack.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2016 02:59 PM by Tribeheart.)
11-13-2016 02:51 PM
Rocco Offline
All American

I Root For: William and Mar
RE: Louisville
We don't know anything about this Louisville team, but past Pitino/Louisville teams have been frightening on defense. They've been top 10 defensively in KenPom every year since 2011. If W&M can get their offense clicking it will be a really good sign for the season.
11-13-2016 03:04 PM
WMtribe17 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
It will be important that the Tribe aren't careless with the ball tomorrow. Force Louisville into halfcourt offense and we can hang with them. Turn the ball over and give them easy baskets and it will get ugly.
11-13-2016 03:26 PM
Tribe32 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tribe
Disagree. Half court offense will allow them to pound us down low and foul both of our (only) centers out of the game. We're better off running with them and trying to outscore them. Chances are slim, but they may look past us.

(11-13-2016 03:26 PM)WMtribe17 Wrote:  It will be important that the Tribe aren't careless with the ball tomorrow. Force Louisville into halfcourt offense and we can hang with them. Turn the ball over and give them easy baskets and it will get ugly.
11-13-2016 05:40 PM
WMtribe17 Offline
All American

(11-13-2016 05:40 PM)Tribe32 Wrote:  Disagree. Half court offense will allow them to pound us down low and foul both of our (only) centers out of the game. We're better off running with them and trying to outscore them. Chances are slim, but they may look past us.

(11-13-2016 03:26 PM)WMtribe17 Wrote:  It will be important that the Tribe aren't careless with the ball tomorrow. Force Louisville into halfcourt offense and we can hang with them. Turn the ball over and give them easy baskets and it will get ugly.

Maybe, but what I have seen from Louisville in previous years is that they are a suspect team on offense and rely on their defense to generate offense
11-13-2016 06:24 PM
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Louisville
Best of luck Tribe!
11-13-2016 06:54 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

(11-13-2016 06:24 PM)WMtribe17 Wrote:  
(11-13-2016 05:40 PM)Tribe32 Wrote:  Disagree. Half court offense will allow them to pound us down low and foul both of our (only) centers out of the game. We're better off running with them and trying to outscore them. Chances are slim, but they may look past us.

Maybe, but what I have seen from Louisville in previous years is that they are a suspect team on offense and rely on their defense to generate offense

Agreed. I absolutely do not think we should try to run with a Pitino coached team. Make them beat us running set plays instead of open court layups

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
11-13-2016 09:25 PM
Tribal Offline

(11-13-2016 09:25 PM)zablenoise Wrote:  

Agreed. I absolutely do not think we should try to run with a Pitino coached team. Make them beat us running set plays instead of open court layups

We could hire some ladies of the night to guard the players and lock Pitino in the bathroom with one of gals.

One Tribe. One Family.
11-14-2016 04:53 AM
Rocco Offline
All American

(11-14-2016 04:53 AM)Tribal Wrote:  
(11-13-2016 09:25 PM)zablenoise Wrote:  

We could hire some ladies of the night to guard the players and lock Pitino in the bathroom with one of gals.

One Tribe. One Family.

Pitino works quickly, if Karen Sypher is to be believed. He'd be done in the bathroom in about 45 seconds and back coaching his team.
11-14-2016 07:32 AM
Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

Louisville
With the exception that it is tough for us to rebound well out of a zone, Louisville has not shown that they can do much from beyond the arc. The one area that they are not like UNCW. Can see us packing it in to not get hurt on the inside, until they force us to do otherwise. If we handle their pressure well, we can be in this.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2016 10:46 AM by Tribeheart.)
11-14-2016 10:42 AM
Advertisement

WMTribe90 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tribe
I think we can't allow Louisville to speed us up to the point where we get sloppy, turn the ball over, and give Louisville easy points. At the same time, we need to still look for opportunities to push the ball and get shots in transition before Louisville sets up their half-court defense.

For us to have a chance:

1) Limit turnovers, handle Louisville pressure
2) Play tough defense, limit transition buckets, and force Louisville to score in half-court (preferably taking jump shots).
3) Limit Louisville offensive rebounds (team rebounding)
4) Hit from 3 at high percent (35% or better)

There will be a point in the game where Louisville will create a few turnovers and convert them to points to go on a run. We will need to respond, not panic, limit the damage, and stay within striking distance. Louisville's weakness is that they are not a finesse offensive team. They rely on easy buckets from offensive boards and off turnovers to generate offense. If we can limit those points and have a good shooting night, we can make it interesting. A close game late plays to our advantage and puts the pressure on them.
11-14-2016 11:03 AM
WM_Destro Offline
Special Teams

The line opened at Louisville -18.5, currently sitting at -17.5
11-14-2016 03:30 PM
tribetime10 Offline
Special Teams

Maybe I missed this, but read about an emphasis on the "First 10, Last 10" strategy in the game notes

An emphasis of the Tribe offense is "First 10, Last 10," meaning head coach Tony Shaver wants his team to get out in transition and shoot within the first 10 seconds of the shot clock or on the other side, run its offense and make the opponent defend in the half court.

Only saw highlights from Bridgewater, but I'm interested to see how it plays out. I like the idea of fully running the offense, but hope it doesnt result in rushed "last 10" shots. Or an over-abundance of isolation drives down the lane with 2 seconds left.

Practically, I doubt we see much of a change, but I like the idea of having priorities of score fast, or fully-run the offense. Either way, I'm going to keep an eye on the shot clock.

Game notes here: http://www.tribeathletics.com/custompage...sville.pdf
11-14-2016 04:53 PM
nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

Game is blacked out in NY!!!!!!
11-14-2016 06:58 PM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

It's on the YES network.
11-14-2016 07:00 PM
Advertisement

WMInTheBurg Offline
All American

Strong Mt Sterling contingent out for Omar.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using CSNbbs mobile app
11-14-2016 07:06 PM
ttgwm02 Offline
Special Teams

I'm in frigging VERMONT and the ACC network is blacked out.
11-14-2016 07:06 PM
soccerguy315 Offline
1st String

strong move there to go to the hoop, too bad he got blocked. like the aggressiveness
11-14-2016 07:08 PM
soccerguy315 Offline
1st String

now... Omar did not get denied. Impressive move.
11-14-2016 07:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.