Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2017-2018 Louisiana Ragin' Cajun softball signing class
Bookmark and Share
lcitsh Offline
1st String

I Root For: sports
2017-2018 Louisiana Ragin' Cajun softball signing class
http://www.ragincajuns.com/news/2016/11/...class.aspx

LAFAYETTE – Eight student-athletes signed a National Letter of Intent on Wednesday to join the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns softball program beginning with the 2017-18 academic year.

The Ragin' Cajuns and head coach Michael Lotief signed three Louisiana high school standouts in Carrie Boswell (Alexandria, La./Alexandria Senior HS), Casidy Chaumont (Moss Bluff, La./Sam Houston HS) and Sarah Koeppen (Bossier City, La./Benton HS).

The remainder of the 2017-18 signing class includes Texas products Kimber Cortemelia (Lake Jackson, Texas/Brazoswood HS), Casey Dixon (Willis, Texas/Willis HS), Caitlin Garcia (Spring, Texas/Spring HS), Teryn Pritchett (Palmer, Texas/Palmer HS) and Jolie Readeaux (Houston, Texas/Cypress Lakes HS).

The Ragin' Cajuns gain five infielders with this class. Pritchett is a catcher, Chaumont and Readeaux are middle infielders, while Boswell and Garcia are targeted for third base.

Dixon provides the Ragin' Cajuns another arm in the pitching circle and a pair of utility players were added in Cortemelia and Koeppen.

"The athletes in this class are versatile, athletic, competitive, strong, smart and all dedicated in the classroom," Lotief said. "They are great additions to our Ragin' Cajuns family.

"Signing day is an exciting day for all of us," Lotief added. "We look forward to the process of bringing these young women into our program and this University and developing them to their potential as they work, learn and grow as well as each bring their own unique talents to make 'Us' better also."

2017-18 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Softball Signing Class
Carrie Boswell – P/3B, 5-5, R/R, Alexandria, La. (Alexandria Senior HS)
Casidy Chaumont – IF, 5-10, R/R, Moss Bluff, La. (Sam Houston HS)
Kimber Cortemelia – UTL, 5-5, R/R, Lake Jackson, Texas (Brazoswood HS)
Casey Dixon – P, 5-9, R/R, Willis, Texas (Willis HS)
Caitlin Garcia – 3B, 5-4, R/R, Spring, Texas (Spring HS)
Sarah Koeppen – UTL, 5-10, R/R, Bossier City, La. (Benton HS)
Teryn Pritchett – C, 5-7, R/R, Palmer, Texas (Palmer HS)
Jolie Readeaux – IF, 5-6, R/R, Houston, Texas (Cypress Lakes HS)

SIGNEE CAPSULES
Carrie Boswell – 5-5 – Pitcher/Third Base – R/R – Alexandria, La./Alexandria Senior HS
53711A two-way threat at Alexandria Senior High School, Carrie Boswell was the District 2-5A MVP, Class 5A state tournament MVP and a first team All-State selection last spring. Boswell finished 18-2 with a 1.49 ERA in the pitching circle and hit .443 with nine home runs and 36 RBI at the plate. She helped lead the Trojans to a 30-4 record and a state championship game appearance where she hit a solo home run, struck out 11 and allowed only three hits in leading the team to a 7-0 win.

She received the 2016 Louisiana Class 5A Outstanding Player award and was a Wendy's High School Heisman state finalist. ASHS finished the season ranked No. 4 nationally by MaxPreps.

As a sophomore in 2015, Boswell was 13-9 in the circle, striking out 127 batters and limiting foes to a .197 average, landing her the first of what's now back-to-back first team All-CenLA honors. She played summer ball for Louisiana Voodoo Gold alongside fellow Ragin' Cajuns signee Casidy Chaumont.

The 2016 Rapides Parish School Board Most Outstanding Student, she is the daughter of Michael and Amy Boswell.

"I chose to become a Ragin' Cajun because of how family-oriented and competitive the program is. I've dreamed of playing college softball since I was five years old, and I cannot believe that I have the privilege to make that dream a reality in front of the best fans in the country. There's absolutely no place I'd rather be signing to today."

Casidy Chaumont – 5-10 – Infielder – R/R – Moss Bluff, La./Sam Houston HS
53712A two-sport athlete, competing in softball and volleyball at Sam Houston High School in the Lake Charles area, Casidy Chaumont will join the Ragin' Cajuns in the fall of 2017. Chaumont hit .457 over 79 at bats with 27 runs scored, three home runs and 21 RBI as a junior in 2016, earning her first team All-District 3-5A honors and a spot on the first team All-Southwest Louisiana Big Schools team.

Chaumont was a three-time Southwest Daily News Aces & Sluggers Weekly honoree. She was also an honorable mention selection on the 2016 Class 5A All-State team.

She will join her sister, Carleigh, in the Division I softball ranks. Carleigh, who signed with WKU and played the past two seasons with the Hilltoppers, is now a junior at McNeese.

Chaumont has seen time at both middle infield positions and third base for coach Beth Domingue at Sam Houston HS. She's played select softball for the Louisiana Voodoo, competing with fellow Ragin' Cajuns signee Carrie Boswell.

She is the daughter of Dwayne and Shelley Chaumont.

"I chose to be a Ragin' Cajun because of the unbelievable fan base, competitiveness of the program as well as the University, and the faith that I will become the very best?version of myself as part of their family."

Kimber Cortemelia – 5-5 – Utility – R/R – Lake Jackson, Texas/Brazoswood HS
53713Kimber Cortemelia is a three-time all-district performer for head coach Laura Ottman at Brazoswood High School. She has helped lead the Buccaneers to two district championships (2014, 2016) and three playoff appearances (2014-16).

Cortemelia was selected to participate in the 2016 TGCA 5A-6A All-Star game. She recognized as Brazoswood's Offensive MVP in 2015. She once hit three home runs in a playoff game, the final one a walk-off shot to advance the Buccaneers into the next round.

Cortemelia has played summer softball for Diamond Sport Hotshots and Texas Sudden Impact.

An all-around player, having played both infield and outfield positions, she is the daughter of Chris and Ginger Cortemelia and Amy and Neal Hegefeld.

"Becoming a Ragin' Cajun is a life changing opportunity. I am very excited to become part of this family. Lafayette feels like a home away from home. The people, fan base, and competitiveness makes me eager to play the game of softball with people who I will share inseparable bonds with."

Casey Dixon – 5-9 – Pitcher – R/R – Willis, Texas/Willis HS
53714Casey Dixon has developed into a standout pitcher at Willis High School and is the two-time reigning District 18-5A MVP. She's increased her wins and strikeouts totals each season, and is coming off a 25-3 season with 326 strikeouts as a junior in 2016. She hit .364 for the year with 38 RBI and four home runs leading to team MVP honors and a first team TGCA All-State selection.

Dixon, who sported a 1.13 ERA, pitched five no-hitters and tossed 10 shutouts, was named the 2016 Montgomery County Pitcher of the Year.

She debuted with 11 wins and 187 strikeouts as a freshman in 2014, netting Newcomer of the Year honors at the district and county level, and followed up with 19 wins and 284 strikeouts in a sophomore campaign that led to her first district MVP honor and all-state selection.

Dixon has collected 797 career strikeouts and has won Willis High's Team MVP award three years running. She has played select softball for TPS and Aces Express.

She is the daughter of Jami Dixon and Stephen Waltman.

"I am so blessed and honored to be a part of the Ragin Cajun team and community. I cannot wait to play at the next level and grow as person and athlete."

Caitlin Garcia – 5-4 – Infielder – R/R – Spring, Texas/Spring HS
53715A four-year letterwinner at Spring High School, Caitlin Garcia is set to join the Ragin' Cajuns beginning in the fall of 2017. Garcia has played catcher, first base and third base under the guidance of Julie Wyrick and Willard O'Neal at Spring HS.

She's coming off a junior season in 2016 that saw her hit .443 over 79 plate appearances. Garcia posted 31 hits, highlighted by nine doubles, and drove home 31 runs. She committed only three errors in 158 total chances.

Garcia helped lead the Lions into the 2014 state playoffs with a walk-off home run and a year later was part of a district championship squad. She played select softball Texas Peppers Gold.

A National Honor Society member, she is the daughter of Joseph and Ramona Garcia.

"My dream was to go to college where the team was like a family, where I could get a good education, and somewhere not too far from home. I do believe this is the place where I am meant to continue my softball career. I love everything about UL: the team, the coaches, and the facilities. I especially love how the team and community are like a big family – a home away from home for many. I cannot wait to begin this new chapter in my life at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette."

Sarah Koeppen – 5-10 – Utility – R/R – Bossier City, La./Benton HS
53716Sarah Koeppen, a career .401 hitter who has the ability to play any position, will join the Ragin' Cajuns after wrapping up her high school career at Benton High School in the spring of 2017. Koeppen is coming off a junior campaign in 2016 that saw her post a .462 average with 11 doubles, 11 home runs and 39 RBI.

Last season's efforts landed her first team all-district (designated player) and all-state honors (utility). She was also named MVP of the All-Bossier Parish team and was invited to attend the MaxPreps banquet.

Koeppen hit .423 with six home runs during her freshman season in 2014, leading her to second team all-district honors. As a sophomore in 2015, she turned in a .318 average with four home runs and was chosen to represent Benton High on the All-District 1-4A second team.

The daughter of Sean and Jill Koeppen, she has played travel ball for the Louisiana-based Freedom, Titans, Intensity, Storm and Stealth squads.

"UL has been my top school since I started realizing I could play college softball. Through dedicated practice and hard work, it has enabled me to be a part of the Ragin Cajun family. I could not have chosen a better school, coaching staff and group of girls to be a part of."

Teryn Pritchett – 5-7 – Pitcher/Catcher – R/R – Palmer, Texas/Palmer HS
53717A four-sport athlete at Palmer High School, Teryn Pritchett will start her collegiate softball career with the Ragin' Cajuns in the fall of 2017. Pritchett has won Pitcher of the Year (freshman), District MVP and Palmer MVP (sophomore and junior) honors during her high school career.

She has helped lead Palmer High to three district championships, and last season the program claimed its first-ever area championship. Pritchett turned in a .467 average with 14 hits and 14 RBI over 39 plate appearances.

Pritchett has seen time at pitcher and catcher on the softball diamond. She's also competed in volleyball, basketball and track for the Bulldogs.

She is the daughter of Terry and Debbie Pritchett.

"I am thrilled to become part of the Ragin' Cajuns family. I can't wait for the experiences and the bond I will create with my teammates and coaches. I'm ecstatic to further my education and softball career at UL. I'm very grateful for the opportunity."

Jolie Readeaux – 5-6 – Shortstop – R/R – Houston, Texas/Cypress Lakes HS
53718Jolie Readeaux has competed at shortstop the past three seasons for head coach Katie Parker of Clear Lakes High School. She's won Newcomer of the Year (2014), Defensive MVP (2015) and was an honorable mention All-State selection in 2016.

Last season, Readeaux turned in a .494 batting average and drove in 22 runs. She produced 12 doubles, four triples and a home run. Those efforts resulted in All-District 17-6A first team accolades

Her career numbers include: .455 average, 95 runs, 117 hits, 68 RBI and 45 stolen bases. She's played summer softball for Texas-based Hitaway, Storm Elite, Impact Gold and Sudden Impact.

Readeaux has also competed in volleyball and track at Clear Lakes HS. She threw the discus in track. Her older sister, Kioloni, was a track athlete for the Ragin' Cajuns from 2006-09.

She is the daughter of Steven and Rhonda Readeaux.

"I am excited to become a Ragin' Cajun and I cannot wait to experience the sisterhood of the University of Louisiana softball program."

#GeauxCajuns
11-10-2016 11:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.