Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Obamacare Architect: ‘The Law Is Working As Designed,
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Obamacare Architect: ‘The Law Is Working As Designed,
‘We Need a Larger Mandate Penalty’

[Image: image.jpg]

Haven’t heard from this goober in quite some time and now he pops up to tell more lies. Yes, Obamacare is imploding and yes, it is working as intended by (1) destroying the private healthcare industry and (2) propelling us toward a “single payer” system of healthcare.

Quote:On Wednesday’s broadcast of “CNN Newsroom,” MIT Economics Professor and Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber argued that “The law is working as designed. However, it could work better. And I think probably the most important thing experts would agree on is that, we need a larger mandate penalty.”

Gruber said, “Obamacare’s not imploding. The main goal of Obamacare was two-fold. One was to cover the uninsured, of which we’ve covered 20 million, the largest expansion in american history. The other was to fix broken insurance markets where insurors could deny people insurance just because they were sick or they had been sick. Those have been fixed, and for the vast majority of Americans, costs in those markets have come down, thanks to the subsidies made available under Obamacare.”

When asked about the 22% Obamacare premium increases, Gruber stated, “the 22% increase, let’s remember who that applies to. That applies to a very small fraction of people, who have to buy insurance without the subsidies that are available. 85% of people buying insurance on the exchanges get subsidies. And for those people, this premium increase doesn’t affect them. Now, for those remaining people, that is a problem, and that’s something that we need to address, but it’s not a crisis. It doesn’t mean the system’s collapsing. And most importantly, it doesn’t affect the 150 million Americans who get employer insurance, who have actually seen their premiums fall dramatically, relative to what was expected before Obamacare.”

Gruber later stated that there was “no sense in which” the law “has to be fixed. The law is working as designed. However, it could work better. And I think probably the most important thing experts would agree on is that, we need a larger mandate penalty. We have individuals who are essentially free-riding on the system, they’re essentially waiting until they get sick and then getting health insurance. The whole idea of this plan, which was pioneered in Massachusetts, was that the individual mandate penalty would bring those people into the system and have them participate. The penalty right now is probably too low, and that’s something I think ideally we would fix.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/10/2...e-penalty/
10-27-2016 11:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
RE: Obamacare Architect: ‘The Law Is Working As Designed,
That guy is so disconnected from reality, it's incredible. Keep spilling it, Goober, your comments couldn't have came at a more perfect time. Perhaps Trump can pay him to go on a nationwide speaking tour, and he can also remind everyone how it was called 'Hillarycare' before 'Obamacare'.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016 11:50 AM by Kronke.)
10-27-2016 11:47 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
When I am emperor, Gruber will be the first against the wall. He's the Heinrich Himmler of US Healthcare's Final Solution.
10-27-2016 11:51 AM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
That Gruber guy would be a great heel wrestling manager. Someone people would definitely pay to see get beat up. What a pompous jerk
10-27-2016 12:50 PM
Advertisement

GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
Gee, another left wing nut who thunks taxes are way too low on the poor and middle class (remember, it's a NEW TAX and NOT a penalty). When will the poor and middle class wake up to the fact they are being used, lied to and ripped off?
10-27-2016 01:08 PM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
Hmmm ... let's see. Who am I going to trust?

- a fanatic who posts on a political sub-board of a college sports themed BBS, with no credentials
- a MIT professor

That's a hard one ...
10-27-2016 01:54 PM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
Just reading the part usm quoted -- thanks by the way, I wasn't going to click on that link -- I'm failing to see how anything he said there is either wrong or evil.

It's perfectly valid to disagree with the foundational ideology and to advocate for a different school of thought or a different system altogether.

But within the system we have enacted, within that context, what he said seems perfectly reasonable and correct, to me.
10-27-2016 01:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.