Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game 8 - Maine
Bookmark and Share
hktribefan Offline
1st String

I Root For: William & Mary
Game 8 - Maine
Back to football! Another must win situation. Maine is on a four game winning streak, with a notable win against Albany who is trying to be the darling of the CAA this year. This is a game we can win, and if things keep improving we could win big; but I'll settle for any kind of win.
10-24-2016 09:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Blow Gym rat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: FUS
RE: Game 8 - Maine
Maine was tied with Rhode Island in the fourth quarter on Sat. before pulling out a 28-21 win. They intercepted Rhody's QB Jordan Vazzano five times (after apparently having only four picks total in their previous games).
10-24-2016 09:40 AM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

I'm surprised MaineJeff hasn't showed up yet...
10-24-2016 10:44 AM
Tribe Fan Offline
Special Teams

(10-24-2016 10:44 AM)zablenoise Wrote:  I'm surprised MaineJeff hasn't showed up yet...

Oh pleased do not wake up sleeping pests. He stuck his nose in something a week or so ago. Hopefully Tribal will spray him with Raid to chase him away
10-24-2016 11:18 AM
tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

This will be a very challenging game for the Tribe.

Win the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, no surprise here. Hopefully the week off allowed the D-line to get healthy. Our defense doesn't need to win the game, they just need to keep us in the game.

Pressure on their QB is a must. I believe both INTs vs Delaware were a direct result of pressure.

Win the turnover game.

Get Kendall going early. With the emergence of Christian last game, we have Kuzjak, Dedmon, Armstrong and Caskins that can make plays. Cluley should be confident that he can throw it to each of them and have success. Spread the ball around, don't be predictable.

Tribe wins a close game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using CSNbbs mobile app
10-24-2016 11:37 AM
TribePride52 Offline
1st String

I Root For: William&Mary
We *should* win this game. I feel like if cluely gets going early we will dominate.
10-24-2016 12:27 PM
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

I think we'll win close too coming out of the bye. I think it ultimately comes down to how well we healed up during the extra week and how the coaches used it to prepare.
10-24-2016 12:48 PM
TribeNiner Offline
1st String

I Root For: Niners/WM/Hoyas
(10-24-2016 12:27 PM)TribePride52 Wrote:  We *should* win this game. I feel like if cluely gets going early we will dominate.

The run game supported by short-to-medium high percentage passes (with an over-the-top bomb only when it's actually there). Get the defense a good bit of rest to help keep them fresh. I feel like that's got to be our formula for the rest of the year, as obvious as it may seem.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016 01:27 PM by TribeNiner.)
10-24-2016 01:27 PM
Tribe32 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tribe
I want to see the ball in Dedmon's and Christian's hands more often. I love watching Anderson run, but we need to get some quick strikes to keep the defense honest. That will open up the running lanes even more.
10-24-2016 04:14 PM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
(10-24-2016 09:14 AM)hktribefan Wrote:  Back to football! Another must win situation. Maine is on a four game winning streak, with a notable win against Albany who is trying to be the darling of the CAA this year. This is a game we can win, and if things keep improving we could win big; but I'll settle for any kind of win.

I definitely want to see us win, but we are already past a must win situation. 7-4 for us might not get us anything this year but satisfaction of beating Richmond and rallying for a winning season. 7-4 missed last year(Towson) and it factors in the finish in the conference. We are currently in 9th(or tied for 7th depending on point of view). We would have to get to 5th to have any chance. I don't even see us beating Richmond this season or Stony Brook, but if we did and somehow won out, we would need lots of help to get to 4th in the CAA where we could actually be strongly considered for a bid. Villanova and New Hampshire have very easy schedules left. I do think we would pass Albany, Maine and Elon if we win out. But, that still leaves one to two more to get to 4th/5th. We are significantly behind right now at 1-3 since there are 6 teams with 1 loss or less.
10-24-2016 05:12 PM
tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

(10-24-2016 04:14 PM)Tribe32 Wrote:  I want to see the ball in Dedmon's and Christian's hands more often. I love watching Anderson run, but we need to get some quick strikes to keep the defense honest. That will open up the running lanes even more.
I want to see it in the hands of the open receiver. Each of our receivers can make big plays. Our receivers work really hard for each other. The fact that multiple receivers are getting the ball sets up big plays. If you watched the actual routes during the game or in the recap video, you would often see defenders go with the Kuzjak or Armstrong, clearing the area for Christian and Dedmon. Respecting all of the receivers creates opportunity for all receivers. Get them all in the game, see how the defense responds and take advantage of that decision.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using CSNbbs mobile app
10-24-2016 06:44 PM
Advertisement

hktribefan Offline
1st String

Game 8 - Maine
(10-24-2016 05:12 PM)TribePride91 Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 09:14 AM)hktribefan Wrote:  Back to football! Another must win situation. Maine is on a four game winning streak, with a notable win against Albany who is trying to be the darling of the CAA this year. This is a game we can win, and if things keep improving we could win big; but I'll settle for any kind of win.

I definitely want to see us win, but we are already past a must win situation. 7-4 for us might not get us anything this year but satisfaction of beating Richmond and rallying for a winning season. 7-4 missed last year(Towson) and it factors in the finish in the conference. We are currently in 9th(or tied for 7th depending on point of view). We would have to get to 5th to have any chance. I don't even see us beating Richmond this season or Stony Brook, but if we did and somehow won out, we would need lots of help to get to 4th in the CAA where we could actually be strongly considered for a bid. Villanova and New Hampshire have very easy schedules left. I do think we would pass Albany, Maine and Elon if we win out. But, that still leaves one to two more to get to 4th/5th. We are significantly behind right now at 1-3 since there are 6 teams with 1 loss or less.

7-4 means we close the season on a five game win streak including a win over a top-10 Richmond. No way we're left out with that.
10-24-2016 08:16 PM
LeadBolt Online
All American

Who are we expecting to be doing the punting and kicking this weekend? I hope we have solved the riddle of how to protect the punter.
10-25-2016 06:33 AM
nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

(10-25-2016 06:33 AM)LeadBolt Wrote:  Who are we expecting to be doing the punting and kicking this weekend? I hope we have solved the riddle of how to protect the punter.

Not much of a riddle. Dont let the guy go straight up the middle like last game...Windmuller had no chance.
10-25-2016 07:07 AM
LeadBolt Online
All American

(10-25-2016 07:07 AM)nogretheogre Wrote:  
(10-25-2016 06:33 AM)LeadBolt Wrote:  Who are we expecting to be doing the punting and kicking this weekend? I hope we have solved the riddle of how to protect the punter.

Not much of a riddle. Dont let the guy go straight up the middle like last game...Windmuller had no chance.

If it was only the last game I'd agree with you on it not being a riddle, unfortunately it has been more prevalent than that's year.
10-25-2016 07:17 AM
TribePride52 Offline
1st String

I Root For: William&Mary

I *believe* Nick is kicking in the Maine game. Have no idea who is punting.
10-25-2016 08:55 AM
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

Game notes have Hiott and Hooper in for special teams.
10-25-2016 11:45 AM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
(10-24-2016 08:16 PM)hktribefan Wrote:  
(10-24-2016 05:12 PM)TribePride91 Wrote:  

7-4 means we close the season on a five game win streak including a win over a top-10 Richmond. No way we're left out with that.

Would love to see a five game winning streak. But the CAA is only getting a certain number of teams. There are good teams getting in from other leagues. If we are 7-4, we aren't getting in unless we finish in the top 4. It takes 8 wins to guarantee a bid. It probably doesn't matter because we are extremely unlikely to win out. But if we do, we still need help and a lot of it. Count the potential at large bids. Right now, most projections show 4 CAA teams(Stony Brook, Nova, UR and JMU). Which one of those falls out, so we can get in? Plus, UNH is on the bubble and they are ahead of us both in record and head to head. So, we are nothing but a spolier at this point. We can start by ending Maine's hopes with a win this weekend. The 2007 team went 7-4 and was left out(for Maine, I believe).
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2016 03:20 PM by TribePride91.)
10-25-2016 03:19 PM
soccerguy315 Offline
1st String

In 2007 the playoffs were only 16 teams, right?

Now there are 24, so there is more room. 7-4 and a 5 game win streak should get us in.

I don't think it's like we close the season on a 5 game win streak though. But, you never know.
10-25-2016 03:44 PM
WM Beancounter Offline
Special Teams

Ignoring the rest of the schedule, our team and program is LIGHT YEARS away from the University of Richmond right now. And you have no idea how painful it is for me to type that. Richmond is going to kick the sh1t out of us in November.
10-25-2016 04:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.