Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jax St facilities
Bookmark and Share
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Jax St facilities
Posting this because we have talked about this school, and it pisses off Troy when we do.

They have been doing facility upgrades the last couple years. Already a football stadium that can hold around 25k, recently remodeled their basketball arena, and now, finally, starting on their baseball stadium. Their old one, per the pictures, looked worse then a small high school stadium. The artist renderings are very nice and a huge upgrade from where they were.

http://jsugamecocksports.com/news/2016/1...adium.aspx

If there is another round of FCS call ups, this school will be on the short list.
10-20-2016 02:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RamblinRedWolf44 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas StAte
RE: Jax St facilities
Sorry but it's been pretty established that Troy will most certainly block any and all attempts of jax state hoping on board

The only way I would see the gamecocks being viable is if we lose one or (dare I say) both bama schools and even if USA jumped off the ship I dunno if Troy would still be down with JSU in the league
10-20-2016 02:27 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
Doesn't piss me off. They have always had a good football program. The only thing they would really bring to the table though is football, and I would hope we can continue to improve football, basketball, and baseball with any new additions. That's why Coastal Carolina was such a good add.

JSU has never made it to the postseason in Division 1 basketball, and if my research is correct, have also never made it to the NCAA Tournament in baseball in Division 1... don't get me wrong, their baseball is decent and usually has winning seasons, but they're not a program that's going to come up with 40+ win seasons.

I'd prefer not to have anymore RPI draggers...
10-20-2016 02:36 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Doesn't piss me off

Just think it's stupid

They have a ULM budget in a state with 2 other SBC programs and 5 total FBS programs
10-20-2016 02:39 PM
Advertisement

JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-20-2016 02:39 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  Doesn't piss me off

Just think it's stupid

They have a ULM budget in a state with 2 other SBC programs and 5 total FBS programs

And two is all we need. Can't see Jax St. moving up in the near future.
10-20-2016 02:50 PM
FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
(10-20-2016 02:22 PM)Usajags Wrote:  Posting this because we have talked about this school, and it pisses off Troy when we do.

They have been doing facility upgrades the last couple years. Already a football stadium that can hold around 25k, recently remodeled their basketball arena, and now, finally, starting on their baseball stadium. Their old one, per the pictures, looked worse then a small high school stadium. The artist renderings are very nice and a huge upgrade from where they were.

http://jsugamecocksports.com/news/2016/1...adium.aspx

If there is another round of FCS call ups, this school will be on the short list.

Shouldn't this go in the CUSA board?
10-20-2016 03:45 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Never said they would be coming to our conference, just they will be on the radar for whoever calls them up.

Besides, I'm not welcome over there....
10-20-2016 04:01 PM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-20-2016 04:01 PM)Usajags Wrote:  Never said they would be coming to our conference, just they will be on the radar for whoever calls them up.

Besides, I'm not welcome over there....

CUSA can have them after we take USM
10-20-2016 04:31 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
CardinalBlackTrojan says ----JSU has never made it to the postseason in Division 1 basketball, and if my research is correct, have also never made it to the NCAA Tournament in baseball in Division 1...

Sorry your info was incorrect.
JSU baseball---NCAA Tourney in 2004,2006,2012,2014.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2016 09:16 PM by TOPSTRAIGHT.)
10-20-2016 06:42 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
If JSU happened to be about 100 miles further north they'd be seriously discussed but the Belt isn't going to add a third Alabama school unless UAB happens to call.
10-20-2016 09:20 PM
Advertisement

runamuck Offline
All American

I Root For: uta
(10-20-2016 09:20 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  If JSU happened to be about 100 miles further north they'd be seriously discussed but the Belt isn't going to add a third Alabama school unless UAB happens to call.

very nice looking facility. only 1000 seating is surprising tho
10-21-2016 06:57 AM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
In the east, James Madison would be a better choice. In the west, New Mexico State would be a great choice. A third school in Alabama would be a little much. Let C-USA have them. Heck, maybe JSU could come in and win quickly in that league.

In my opinion, the best move for the SBC would be not expanding at all. Seriously, what would expanding do? Help us with our TV contract? Doubtful. Help us with playoff revenue? Nope--ten is the best number for that.

What needs to happen is for the existing programs to improve. It's really that simple.
10-21-2016 07:37 AM
CoastalAlum2011 Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal
(10-21-2016 06:57 AM)runamuck Wrote:  
(10-20-2016 09:20 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  If JSU happened to be about 100 miles further north they'd be seriously discussed but the Belt isn't going to add a third Alabama school unless UAB happens to call.

Your autocorrect changed "sad" to "surprising."
10-21-2016 07:54 AM
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-21-2016 06:57 AM)runamuck Wrote:  

They say the current field holds 1500, so not sure why they are going a third smaller. It doesn't say anything about the new stadium be expandable, but hopefully it is.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2016 08:30 AM by Usajags.)
10-21-2016 08:30 AM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
It's a shame. They have one of the most enjoyable game day experiences around.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
10-22-2016 08:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.