Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GS to play at Minn in 2019
Bookmark and Share
boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
GS to play at Minn in 2019
Maybe this isn't really exciting enough to warrant its own thread, but I do see other people sharing future OOC scheduling info, so here it is.

Should be a nice game for us, maybe we'll have it rolling again by then. Our 2nd Big10 team ever (Indiana next year).
10-19-2016 03:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OsageJ Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
RE: GS to play at Minn in 2019
(10-19-2016 03:43 PM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  Maybe this isn't really exciting enough to warrant its own thread, but I do see other people sharing future OOC scheduling info, so here it is.

Should be a nice game for us, maybe we'll have it rolling again by then. Our 2nd Big10 team ever (Indiana next year).

Exciting as any....congrats.
10-19-2016 03:44 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
Winnable games are needed for all. Kudos to Southern for making that happen.
10-19-2016 03:45 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
Good job getting a winnable P5 game. But continuing to play two P5 schools on the road each year is disappointing.

GS for five of their first six years in the FBS will play two P5 schools on the road and only signed three home and homes with G5 programs (WMU, Kent St., and UMass) in the first six years.
10-19-2016 04:13 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
It is more exciting to get those teams to come to your house. Get your AD working on that.
10-19-2016 04:33 PM
trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
(10-19-2016 04:33 PM)Usajags Wrote:  It is more exciting to get those teams to come to your house. Get your AD working on that.

Not so easy. We need money. We lose money with home games. Until we get a couple million more in donation and ticket sales we have to go away for money.
10-19-2016 04:48 PM
Advertisement

moehler Offline
1st String

(10-19-2016 04:48 PM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  
(10-19-2016 04:33 PM)Usajags Wrote:  It is more exciting to get those teams to come to your house. Get your AD working on that.

Not so easy. We need money. We lose money with home games. Until we get a couple million more in donation and ticket sales we have to go away for money.

don't listen to him, anytime you can get a Big Ten team, especially one you can beat, you take it, great pickup!!
10-19-2016 05:30 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
As long as no one will play us (maybe Blake Anderson needs to assure our potential opponents we're no longer an option team?) in a home and home, keep piling on money games. Would rather do that than play struggling MAC teams at home.
10-19-2016 05:42 PM
GoBigRed26 Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte
(10-19-2016 03:43 PM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  Maybe this isn't really exciting enough to warrant its own thread, but I do see other people sharing future OOC scheduling info, so here it is.

You're right it doesn't, let's merge it with the Thunderdome thread.
But good luck. Do you know what the payday is going to be?
10-19-2016 07:25 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-19-2016 05:30 PM)moehler Wrote:  

don't listen to him, anytime you can get a Big Ten team, especially one you can beat, you take it, great pickup!!

I don't know. I'd rather only do the weak Big 10's for home and homes simply because the odds are they aren't going to pay you much for a guarantee, forcing an extra P5 road game to make up the difference.
10-19-2016 07:42 PM
hendoapp Offline
2nd String

I Root For: app state
That's a nice get!
10-19-2016 08:47 PM
Advertisement

Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

To the Georgia Southern fans:

Good luck in this game. I'd love to see you guys get out of Minneapolis with a big W.

I hope you guys can get a power five team come to Statesboro someday soon. Why, though, do you think there is trouble getting home and homes with other G5 teams? I just don't see any reason why y'all would have any more trouble getting Wyoming, Old Dominion, Akron, or Southern Miss to come to Statesboro than App did. Heck, you guys were SoCon rivals with Marshall back in the 90's just like App was. Wouldn't they be willing to make the trip?
10-20-2016 12:33 AM
boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
(10-20-2016 12:33 AM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  To the Georgia Southern fans:

Good luck in this game. I'd love to see you guys get out of Minneapolis with a big W.

I hope you guys can get a power five team come to Statesboro someday soon. Why, though, do you think there is trouble getting home and homes with other G5 teams? I just don't see any reason why y'all would have any more trouble getting Wyoming, Old Dominion, Akron, or Southern Miss to come to Statesboro than App did. Heck, you guys were SoCon rivals with Marshall back in the 90's just like App was. Wouldn't they be willing to make the trip?
We have no idea. AD has stated that he has been in touch with all CUSA teams multiple times about getting a home and home with obviously no success. He formerly worked at Kent St in the MAC, so was able to use those connections to get our 2.5 MAC H&H's (UMASS was MAC but no longer is). No one is more critical of our OOC scheduling than GS fans, trust me. Silver lining to the "we now suck" issue may be some closer G5's or lower level P5's will start returning our AD's phone calls.
10-20-2016 07:14 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(10-19-2016 07:42 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

I don't know. I'd rather only do the weak Big 10's for home and homes simply because the odds are they aren't going to pay you much for a guarantee, forcing an extra P5 road game to make up the difference.

I wasn't "downing" the schedule. It's nice and new to go to some of the P5 schools and play in that big atmosphere. But that will eventually fade. Having those teams come to your house is just that much better. You want more ticket sells, bring those teams in. Don't tell me it can't be done, we have had NCState, MissSt and Navy, TxSt has had Baylor(IIRC) and Houston, stAte has had Mizzou, Troy has had Mizzou years ago, and beat them when they were ranked very high. Even your friends up in Boone have had Miami, and not the ones from Ohio.

ULL had Boise this year. The three teams that I can't think of having big home games scheduled is GaSt, GaSo and ULM. Correct me if I'm wrong.
10-20-2016 07:29 AM
BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

(10-20-2016 07:29 AM)Usajags Wrote:  

I wasn't "downing" the schedule. It's nice and new to go to some of the P5 schools and play in that big atmosphere. But that will eventually fade. Having those teams come to your house is just that much better. You want more ticket sells, bring those teams in. Don't tell me it can't be done, we have had NCState, MissSt and Navy, TxSt has had Baylor(IIRC) and Houston, stAte has had Mizzou, Troy has had Mizzou years ago, and beat them when they were ranked very high. Even your friends up in Boone have had Miami, and not the ones from Ohio.

ULL had Boise this year. The three teams that I can't think of having big home games scheduled is GaSt, GaSo and ULM. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Georgia State added a home and home with UNC.
10-20-2016 08:20 AM
GS99-00 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA Southern
(10-20-2016 07:29 AM)Usajags Wrote:  

Well, look at the stadium size of all those schools you've mentioned, all but 1 have stadiums over 30K. App, can push theirs closer to that number with the hills. Our stadium seats 25K, We can't give 10K tickets to a P5 if they come to Paulson. Plus, USA plays in Ladd where there are so many empty seats, App had a little leverage to work out that deal with the U.

GAST gets UNC in 22 & Vandy in 24, ULM had Wake in 14, I know they aren't really true P5.

We need another expansion to our stadium before we could really get a strong G5 or weaker P5 to come to Statesboro, so we need to be at about 10K season ticket holders to justify doing so. But with our scheduling woes, some of the natives are getting restless.
10-20-2016 08:22 AM
Advertisement

Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I understand not getting P5 programs to come, but only three home G5 games over a six year period is terrible scheduling.
10-20-2016 08:25 AM
GS99-00 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA Southern
(10-20-2016 08:25 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  I understand not getting P5 programs to come, but only three home G5 games over a six year period is terrible scheduling.

Agreed, I don't like it myself....but remember 3 of those years we are playing the other half of the H&H series, so we have to travel to WMU, Kent St & UMass
10-20-2016 08:43 AM
SpeedkingATL Offline
Special Teams

A good get and a hopefully a nice payday against what might be a beatable P5. Just hope GS doesn't get stuck with another travel schedule like this years.
10-20-2016 08:56 AM
ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
(10-20-2016 08:25 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  I understand not getting P5 programs to come, but only three home G5 games over a six year period is terrible scheduling.

Could scheduling have been better. Yes but I would not go so far as to call it terrible.
10-20-2016 09:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.