Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

(Arena football) LA KISS folds
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
Gene Simmons' endeavor fails and thus the AFL has lost five teams recently. Time for the AFL to go the way of the dinosaur.
10-18-2016 12:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
RE: (Arena football) LA KISS folds
What kind of capital had Simmons invested in the team?
10-18-2016 01:22 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(10-18-2016 12:29 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  Gene Simmons' endeavor fails and thus the AFL has lost five teams recently. Time for the AFL to go the way of the dinosaur.

Saw that ticker hit ESPN at lunch.

Not sure what the AFL should do--didn't they fold once before? I wonder what the average franchise needs to stay afloat. I barely remember the Carolina Cobras in Charlotte a while back.
10-18-2016 03:48 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
The problem is the AFL is no longer the only arena football league or even the most prominent one.
10-18-2016 07:38 PM
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(10-18-2016 07:38 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  The problem is the AFL is no longer the only arena football league or even the most prominent one.

Seriously, who else is there?
10-18-2016 09:12 PM
AssyrianDuke Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
(10-18-2016 09:12 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(10-18-2016 07:38 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  The problem is the AFL is no longer the only arena football league or even the most prominent one.

Seriously, who else is there?

AFL, af2, and the IFL are the ones I know of. The IFL (Indoor Football League) is the largest one now in terms of teams, and one of the AFL teams left to join the IFL last year. There is also the Legends Football League, formerly known as the Lingerie Football League.
10-20-2016 07:41 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
I remember right before they folded, the AFL was getting pretty high ratings and attendance by as far as non-NFL football leagues go. Then the Great Recession hit and they haven't recovered since, perhaps the gimmick wore thin with the public as time went on as well.
10-23-2016 08:48 AM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
There just isn't the ability to draw minor league baseball-sized crowds in arenas designed for NBA/NHL franchises anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-23-2016 03:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.