Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game 7 - Delaware
Bookmark and Share
tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: William & Mary
Game 7 - Delaware
Another run heavy team in Delaware. One go to receiver.

Looks to be dry and perfect football weather.

Let's keep Kendall rolling and spread it around to all of our receivers, they should be open. The run game has to be respected, especially if Cluley is used like he was Saturday. That will open up the air attack.

First conference win this year, bye week then close out with 4 more wins and see where the chips fall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using CSNbbs mobile app
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2016 09:19 PM by tribefbfan.)
10-10-2016 09:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

RE: Game 7 - Delaware
We must must must adjust to the run on defense. Delaware has no passing game to speak of and no one wants a repeat of last year.

Like many things, Thomas Jefferson's name irritates me an irrational amount.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
10-10-2016 10:15 PM
tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

Crickets....

I guess the old saying; if you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all, applies here.

Every team, every year is different. This team, the coaches and the players did not rank themselves in the top ten over the summer. They didn't fill in a playoff bracket and award themselves a bye for the first round. People looked at rosters and made predictions about this team. The fans then become excited about the season and anticipate huge victories over their opponents. Looking at our roster there was legitimate reason to be really excited. Then you play the games.

The season doesn't go as planned, and the excitement dissipates. Hey, I love to win, I love to watch the teams I root for win. But I also enjoy watching the game and watching the men who are playing this game. There is not one guy on this team who puts on the pads and says, you know what today I think I'm gonna let my QB be sacked a couple times today, I think I'm gonna fumble the ball, I'm gonna throw a few INT's, or I think I'll miss a few tackles. Every one of our kids steps on the field with a desire to be perfect and play their best that day. Guess what, there is a guy on the other side of him saying the same thing.

The record does not reflect what I watch each week. There isn't a group more disappointed than those who strap on their helmet each Saturday, yet I don't see our guys giving up. I see our guys working their tail off on the field. I thought last week at JMU that our guys, everyone of them played their guts out.

Some have given up on this team because of their record. That's part of being a fan, you have the right to do that. I understand, but take the time to watch the desire and effort that 18-22 year old maturing men are giving their fans each play. For that, these men will get 100% of my support no matter what the record is.

There's five great games left, the next one up is Delaware. I hope we pack Zable this Saturday. I think you are going to be pretty excited about the effort and performance you see. Oh, and the result too.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2016 10:04 AM by tribefbfan.)
10-11-2016 09:49 AM
SoCal Frank Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Wm and Mary
Game 7 - Delaware
Be true to your school.
10-11-2016 10:11 AM
TribePride52 Offline
1st String

I Root For: William&Mary
So if we win all of our games for the rest of the year we get in? It is not likely but i can dream cant i? Id imagine if we did win all of those games beating Richmond would certainly put is in.
10-11-2016 10:23 AM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

(10-11-2016 10:23 AM)TribePride52 Wrote:  So if we win all of our games for the rest of the year we get in? It is not likely but i can dream cant i? Id imagine if we did win all of those games beating Richmond would certainly put is in.

With the playoffs at 24 teams, a 7-4 out of the CAA gets in. Last year a 6 team out of the MVFC was given at at large because they ran out of 7 win teams from the major conferences. Plus, going 7-4 means a five game winning streak and wins against Richmond who is top-10, and Stony Brook who will likely crack into the top-25 in the next week or two.

The playoffs start this week for us.
10-11-2016 10:46 AM
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

Forget the playoffs, I hope we beat UD because I can't stand them. Nothing is worse than having to listen to a bunch of ******** who drove down 95 gloat about how "Laycock never adjusts". Let's beat this program and worsen its death spiral. I can't wait to watch their administration panic and fire Dave Brock only for them to end up with an even worse coach.

Delaware: First State, Worst State.
10-11-2016 11:19 AM
JMUforBreakfast Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: jmu
(10-11-2016 11:19 AM)zablenoise Wrote:  Forget the playoffs, I hope we beat UD because I can't stand them. Nothing is worse than having to listen to a bunch of ******** who drove down 95 gloat about how "Laycock never adjusts". Let's beat this program and worsen its death spiral. I can't wait to watch their administration panic and fire Dave Brock only for them to end up with an even worse coach.

Delaware: First State, Worst State.

Is there a worse coach than Brock?
10-11-2016 11:40 AM
Tribe Fan Offline
Special Teams

This team is better than what we have seen so far this year. Steve has not performed up to standards, special teams at times look like a bunch of kids running around and really bad decisions left and right. The D with injuries to key players on the line have left an already thin position much thinner, but has done a pretty good job overall. They have been put in really tough situations with the O bring so dreadful.
But, the season is now just beginning ! Time for Homecoming to be a start of a strong season ending win streak . Why not ?
10-11-2016 11:43 AM
tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

One game at a time, one play at a time. When it's over, we'll see if it was enough.

Love to see we're trash talking other teams and coaches.

I don't like UD either. For that matter, anyone on our schedule.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using CSNbbs mobile app
10-11-2016 12:00 PM
TribePride52 Offline
1st String

(10-11-2016 11:43 AM)Tribe Fan Wrote:  This team is better than what we have seen so far this year. Steve has not performed up to standards, special teams at times look like a bunch of kids running around and really bad decisions left and right. The D with injuries to key players on the line have left an already thin position much thinner, but has done a pretty good job overall. They have been put in really tough situations with the O bring so dreadful.
But, the season is now just beginning ! Time for Homecoming to be a start of a strong season ending win streak . Why not ?

Personally, I thought steve played a good game until the interception. This team is improving but i think its too late.
10-11-2016 12:41 PM
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

(10-11-2016 11:43 AM)Tribe Fan Wrote:  This team is better than what we have seen so far this year. Steve has not performed up to standards, special teams at times look like a bunch of kids running around and really bad decisions left and right. The D with injuries to key players on the line have left an already thin position much thinner, but has done a pretty good job overall. They have been put in really tough situations with the O bring so dreadful.

I love DeVonte. He's as dynamic a playmaker as we have on the roster but I swear he makes the wrong decision fielding punts almost every damn time.
10-11-2016 12:42 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

Nothing of much interest on the two deep. Hiott is officially listed as the punter (McKee is the official holder). Roscoe overtook Suarez. And DiPietro is in, Barta out.
10-11-2016 01:48 PM
tribeintexas Offline
1st String

We should be able to handle Delaware. After all, it is our HC week. We need to re-group during bye week and win some close games down the road.
10-11-2016 02:48 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

Fun fact: Vince Papale's kid, Vinny Papale, is a starting WR for the Hens.
10-11-2016 03:05 PM
Tribe Fan Offline
Special Teams

Ud's game against Maine they only threw for 80 yards. Should we adjust pass coverage and play the run very hard?
10-11-2016 06:34 PM
Advertisement

TribePride52 Offline
1st String

(10-11-2016 02:48 PM)tribeintexas Wrote:  We should be able to handle Delaware. After all, it is our HC week. We need to re-group during bye week and win some close games down the road.

But to be fair, we should've Handled Elon and UHH.
10-11-2016 08:03 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

(10-11-2016 06:34 PM)Tribe Fan Wrote:  Ud's game against Maine they only threw for 80 yards. Should we adjust pass coverage and play the run very hard?
YES PLEASE

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
10-11-2016 08:16 PM
Tribedad18 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: W & M
(10-11-2016 09:49 AM)tribefbfan Wrote:  Crickets....

I guess the old saying; if you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all, applies here.

Every team, every year is different. This team, the coaches and the players did not rank themselves in the top ten over the summer. They didn't fill in a playoff bracket and award themselves a bye for the first round. People looked at rosters and made predictions about this team. The fans then become excited about the season and anticipate huge victories over their opponents. Looking at our roster there was legitimate reason to be really excited. Then you play the games.

The season doesn't go as planned, and the excitement dissipates. Hey, I love to win, I love to watch the teams I root for win. But I also enjoy watching the game and watching the men who are playing this game. There is not one guy on this team who puts on the pads and says, you know what today I think I'm gonna let my QB be sacked a couple times today, I think I'm gonna fumble the ball, I'm gonna throw a few INT's, or I think I'll miss a few tackles. Every one of our kids steps on the field with a desire to be perfect and play their best that day. Guess what, there is a guy on the other side of him saying the same thing.

The record does not reflect what I watch each week. There isn't a group more disappointed than those who strap on their helmet each Saturday, yet I don't see our guys giving up. I see our guys working their tail off on the field. I thought last week at JMU that our guys, everyone of them played their guts out.

Some have given up on this team because of their record. That's part of being a fan, you have the right to do that. I understand, but take the time to watch the desire and effort that 18-22 year old maturing men are giving their fans each play. For that, these men will get 100% of my support no matter what the record is.

There's five great games left, the next one up is Delaware. I hope we pack Zable this Saturday. I think you are going to be pretty excited about the effort and performance you see. Oh, and the result too.

+10 04-cheers
10-13-2016 07:20 AM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
I am sure Zable will be packed with fans this weekend and some of them will have no idea we lost to Elon in our last home game. It is understandable that there are less comments, the fans on here are very interested in the team and are disappointed with the results. But, there has not been a lack of effort. For all the criticism of Cluely, or the special teams this year, there has not been anyone that said that they are not trying. Steve played much better on Saturday and played very hard. In the end, JMU made a few key plays in the 2nd half and we had a few key turnovers and we lost. It is a formula we have seen for the last 6 times up there. No one here is jumping sides to the Dukes, or the Spiders or any other team, I would not trade any of my time, the relationships and what makes W&M special for anywhere else. The younger guys on defense like Atkins and Parker have had a great opportunity and made great strides. They are already good players who will continue to progress. Funderburke also appeared to be a good player and his injury was unfortunate.

I and 18 others will be there Saturday to cheer hard for the Tribe regardless of the result. Your post was totally correct. Some of us just hoped for more this season and are working through disappointment. For me, much of it is still being stunned we lost to Elon. But, I will never give up on the Tribe and appreciate the committment it takes to be a full time athlete and a full time student at W&M.
10-13-2016 07:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.